TIGERTAILZ... what's your fave

Choose your favourite 'tailz album  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've left off Original Sin on purpose as from what I understand it is only a collection of old demos.

For me it definitely has to be Bezerk (highlighted by Love Bomb Baby) followed by the more agressive Wazbones.

Bezerk by a mile!

Guest manicego

>> I've left off Original Sin on purpose as from what I understand it is only a collection of old demos. <<

And it's a bootleg "to boot" ....

All the albums are great but 'Bezerk' is the standout. B - 2.0 is pretty great too. Stateside release in September.

Young and Crazy is a classic, that's my first, however, Bezerk has reached classic status as well, and I often like to treat Tigertailz as the obscure version of Van Halen...being that I like the original singer a little more (ever so slightly), but damn, the second singer was great too, completely different sound though.

Really underrated band IMO. A consistently good catalogue. I went "Bezerk" (& voted for it too...). "Love Bomb Baby" is THE glam anthem IMO...

Seems like everybody's in love with "Love Bomb Baby" huh? I must admit, when I first heard it I didn't like that track, a tad too bubble-gummy for my ears at first, but I've since gotten used to it and have grown to really like it even though it's not my fav off of Bezerk. I moreso love "Livin Without You" from Jaimz era tailz, not to mention "Star Attraction", "Shoot To Thrill", and even "Young And Crazy" the song...

"Love Bomb Baby" is THE glam anthem IMO...

Couldn't agree more. "Love Bomb Baby" perfectly encapsulates what glam/hair-metal is all about.

I'm going to have to go with Mr Ripper here. I like some of the tracks on 'Bezerk' too - 'Love bomb baby' and 'Let your mama dance' being 2 of the most perfectly executed glam anthems of all time, and there are a few other killers too... it's a good album, yes, but there are also fillers and those terrible, terrible vocals. Always loved Tigertailz, but I hate that dude's voice.

As for Stevie St Jaimz, I quite like his voice, and 'Young and crazy' is so damn consistent it's not funny. All the songs the Ripper mentioned, and pretty much all of the songs on the disc are great, most notably the ending ballad, 'Fall in love again'. Is that the title? Either way, the song is stunning. I am a huge fan of this disc and to be honest it pretty easily got my vote. 'She's too hot' kicks my ass too. :)

Agreed Geoff, that ending track, the ballad u speak of is also highly underrated IMO. Simply a killer ballad, one of the best really, I believe it's called "Fall In Love Again". I'm a fan of the whole thing, and I almost forgot the awesome "Shameless" lol, "down on her knees, eager to please, cuz she's shameless!"

Jaimz iz it for me when it comez to the tailz!!!!!

:banger:

• 4 weeks later...

BEZERK !!!!!! ... Can't wait for BEZERK 2.0 .... but all in alll they are all great albums .

What the heck is You Lookin At Me? I never even heard of that one. For me it's a tie between Young & Crazy and Bezerk. Something about Young & Crazy just seemed so cool. I should listen to it again. At first I didn't even like Bezerk. The change in styles between those two albums was a bit hard to take at first. Later I started liking Bezerk after I found some mp3's on the net while at school. What still impresses me is the fact that the band Oney sounds almost exactly like the first Tigertailz album. The singer of the band even said they covered She'z Too Hot. If you've never heard of Oney before you should find their stuff.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Bezerk for Me!! With Wazbones a close second.. But yea Bezerk is an Essential Glam album!!!! :headbanger:

I like Bezerk as well but they are very different albums. I love the darkness of Wazbones. The Japan version is even better w/ five bonus tracks. I played this cd for a solid 6 months straight when I first picked it up. I drove up to (my one & only trip) Impulse Records and bought it with a buddy. They were playing Belly of the Beast and I was like what is that??? Very cool...it was my intro to the band actually. Me & a buddy blew about $300 each there that day and drove about 12-13 hours round trip but it was worth it. It was also my intro to Harem Scarem. Boy did that get expensive :)

Bezerk for Me!! With Wazbones a close second.. But yea Bezerk is an Essential Glam album!!!! :headbanger:

I don't know Wazbones at all, what are the best tunes?