Best Of 79' - A poll for the 'Old' boys 'n' girls

1979 - 'Old Gits' poll  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went with Cheap trick...as this album/tour was my first concert...The bill was

New England,UFO,Cheap Trick...1980 I think..I dunno it's been many a moon since then!!

Awesome line up, and I am VERY jealous. Have seen UFO and Cheap Trick a few times now, but never the Mighty New England!!!! :headbanger::headbanger:

I voted for Rush but there really isn't a whole lot of bands up there I care for.

I really would of liked to see Kiss- Dynasty or AC/DC - Highway to Hell.

How right you are with the fantastic "Highway to Hell" :tumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Well I guess I'll be the only to vote for Nantucket but they get my vote. Yeah it was my birth year but I have heard most of what's on that list and there are some really good rock albums there.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Journey - Evolution. This showed quite a progression from their previous release & has damn good songs & music throughout! Classic & quintessential Journey! Blackfoot, Rush, .38 Special & a couple of other's are all terrific & were even more so experiencing them in person, in concert! :drink:

Wow - nice list - shows the great quality of hard rock that year. I don't have (or ever heard) the Nantucket, Zon, Axe or Airborne, but of the rest, Angel 'Sinful' gets my vote, kind of when they started to shift from the pomp sound and more toward pop metal. Rush and New England are second and third.

gotta go with

Rush

Styx

JStarship for the top 3

then, Journey and NEngland

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I am an old bastard....I have most of these on albums...but I voted for Toto - Hydra....my absolute favorite Toto cd....Hydra, St.George and the Dragon and the mighty 99. Gotta listen to it now

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Where is PINK FLOYD - THE WALL?

How many other of you late 30-somethings remember that one getting a TON of play in 1979? I was in 5th. grade that year and remember "Another Brick In The Wall" getting played while at the rollerskate parties (first Friday night of every month). Man, that was a LONG time ago :)

• 1 month later...

Well Glad to see Journey - Evolution joint leading this poll - easily their best album IMHO.

Anyone who says they dont like Journey who hasnt listened to Evolution, cant really say they dont like Journey, cos they aint heard the best they have to offer. :P

I've never heard of any of these bands, but I'll just check with my Dad if he has.... :whistle:

Hey Jez,

I've only ever heard of 3 of these bands, can I still vote? :lol:

TIM

Go ahead Mate. You ain't that young sunshine :lol:

Yeah yeah. I was only 6 at the time though. I went with NEW ENGLAND ("Dont Ever Wanna Lose Ya" is such a killer pomp tune)...

thats no excuse, i was that age in 97 and i listen to music atleast ten years older!

Hey Jez,

I've only ever heard of 3 of these bands, can I still vote? :lol:

TIM

Go ahead Mate. You ain't that young sunshine :lol:

Yeah yeah. I was only 6 at the time though. I went with NEW ENGLAND ("Dont Ever Wanna Lose Ya" is such a killer pomp tune)...

thats no excuse, i was that age in 97 and i listen to music atleast ten years older!

And how many of these have you heard SR?? :whistle:

I was born in 1979. does that count? :)

Wow, those rumours I heard about you being sexy must actually be true! As far as I know, a lot of stunningly handsome babies were born in 1979... especially in Sydney on the 9th of May.

I've never heard of any of these bands, but I'll just check with my Dad if he has.... :whistle:

:rofl2:

Since there was no sign of Kiss' DYNASTY or Judas Priest's UNLEASHED IN THE EAST on this list, I went with Cheap Trick's DREAM POLICE. Cheap Trick were at the top of their game at this time.

Agreed.. Plus No AC/DC????? Didn't "Dirty Deeds" Come out in 1979????

I woulda picked that album..... :tumbsup:

Since there was no sign of Kiss' DYNASTY or Judas Priest's UNLEASHED IN THE EAST on this list, I went with Cheap Trick's DREAM POLICE. Cheap Trick were at the top of their game at this time.

Agreed.. Plus No AC/DC????? Didn't "Dirty Deeds" Come out in 1979????

I woulda picked that album..... :tumbsup:

Dirty Deeds was actually 1976, tho it didn't get released in the US till 1981 ... you're probably thinking of Highway To Hell.

I was born in 1979. does that count? :)

Wow, those rumours I heard about you being sexy must actually be true! As far as I know, a lot of stunningly handsome babies were born in 1979... especially in Sydney on the 9th of May.

:rofl2:

then i must have taken July of 79 for sexy in the Dakotas;)