Purple Rain soundtrack

so, what is it gonna be?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A must have album as it was Prince as his most evocative as an artist. Plenty of guitar (which wouldn't survive much past this album's debut). Great lyrics and vocals. Just a classic album.

This is an essential album and is a great movie. I chose "Take Me With U".

• 2 weeks later...
Title track for me, love the outro buildup. :banger:

I'm with Bluey on this aswell, but i will also let it be known that this is also the only good song he has ever done.Everything else IMO is utter crap.

Purple Rain for me. Awesome song.

• 1 year later...

I always liked "Let's Go Crazy."

Funny how this thread comes back up, cuz I saw the movie on cable fairly recently (within the past few months) and even though I liked it a lot when I first saw it, I'd have to say it hasn't aged very well... :(

>> Ahem...in all honesty no I have not heard it all the way through but I think it would be more pleasurable to sit through a root canal............ <<

A- Getting a root canal isn't so bad of an experience. I was pleasantly surprised

B - Prince's early stuff (up to 'Purple Rain', maybe the following album, forgot the title) is pure genius. Highly melodic, great song structures, the guy can play and sing his ass off.

Hmmm...you've just given me an idea...the next root canal I have I will ask the dentist to play purple rain during the process....they say the best way to get rid of one pain is to induce another pain elsewhere in the body, in this case my ears..... :wacko: