Purple Rain soundtrack

so, what is it gonna be?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Am I the only one who thinks Prince and his music sucks..................??

Well I'll admit I haven't heard any full discs, but this dude has had a million singles and I can't say any song I've ever heard from him has made me think for a split second that he'd be worth checking out.

Well I'll admit I haven't heard any full discs, but this dude has had a million singles and I can't say any song I've ever heard from him has made me think for a split second that he'd be worth checking out.

yet you're wrong, he's well worth checking out; this guy is pure talent, and has recorded lots of great albums. Purple Rain is one of the best, and possibly his most all out rocking album; my favorite album of his has to be LoveSexy, though.

BTW, voted The Beautiful Ones, amazingly great song, showing Prince knows how to scream the hell out of his lungs.

Nope. Count me in. Can't stand the sight of him; can't stomach his music. I've got a shitload of songs in my playlist, and none of them are Prince. I really have no interest in adding him either. Too poppy for my liking.

Nope. Count me in. Can't stand the sight of him; can't stomach his music. I've got a shitload of songs in my playlist, and none of them are Prince. I really have no interest in adding him either. Too poppy for my liking.

Maybe, but the song "Purple Rain" is just fucking brilliant IMO.

Some of his old back catologue is well worthy of investigation, very varied and some it rocks aswell, so he is definitely not a one trick pony. One hell of a fucking talented guy too, some of his guitar playing is just stunning.

Some of his old back catologue is well worthy of investigation, very varied and some it rocks aswell, so he is definitely not a one trick pony. One hell of a fucking talented guy too, some of his guitar playing is just stunning.

Yes, and from what I understand he's completely self taught.

One hell of a fucking talented guy too, some of his guitar playing is just stunning.

Unfortunately he seems to have become quite the Froot Loop in the years since "Purple Rain" :crazy:

I voted for Purple Rain as it is one of my favourite songs of all time.

This whole album is amazing, and I think the reason for that is the fact its probably his most personal.

As has been said, he is no one trick pony, and is a supreme talent being that he can play something like 25 instruments, and is entirely self taught.

I won tickets to see him a few years ago, and it was an amazing show, and prompted me to go out and buy his whole catalogue as I only owned Purple Rain, Batman and the Greatest hits and b-sides collection.

Some of his stuff isnt my cup of tea, I will admit, but there are some real gems in his disography.

His last album, Planet Earth, is pretty much a return to his earlier rockier stuff like the Purple Rain album.

As mad as he is, he has never resorted to the lunacy that surrounded Jacko.

He is also a great business man, and does pretty much what he wants (to the chagrin of his record label).

When he did the tour over here, he did something like 20 dates at the O2 arena, and only charged £31.21 per as that is the name of his current bands.

When you consider that most musicians of his ilk are charging a minimum of £50 a ticket, and often upwards to £100, it was a pretty impressive move, especially when the ticket price also included a copy of his latest album, free!

He then gave the album away free with a Sunday newspaper.

His record label was spewing, but he knows he would make next to nothing off album sales, and all his money would be made on ticket sales, and free albums help promote that!

back in the day we thought he was the weird one and Jackson was the safe one.

Nobody ever thought Jacko was the "safe" one.

I think what he means is, if you go back to the Thriller/Purple Rain era, Jackson was actually considered fairly normal.

He was still black, looked human and hadnt been accused of anything like kiddy fiddling or living in an oxygen tent, where as Prince was always considered to be a weirdo.