What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

The Poodles - Devil In The Details

Marillion became a completely different band once Fish left ... I'm with Glen on this, 'Vigil ...' is a far better album than 'Seasons ...'. That said, I love 'Holidays In Eden' and 'Brave', and I've seen the Hogarth-fronted band a couple of times ... they're just not 'Marillion' anymore (for me, at least) ... they hardly ever play any of the Fish-era material now, and those are the songs that put the band on the map ...

I saw the Hogarth fronted Marillion on the Seasons End tour. He was OK, but as you say it was basically a different band without Fish. I didnt really bother after that.

I still rate the band as musicians, but the life and blood of that band was Fish, and of course the amazing lyrics from the early albums.

Having said that I only own Vigil from Fish's solo career. The last album was decent and a hark back to the old Marillion sound in places, but it was pretty dark and didnt grab me as I would have liked.

He was still superb on his acoustic tour tho - and the gig at Riga was one of the best i've witnessed....from any band/artist. Mesmerising.

I love some of Fish's lyrics - songs like 'Slainte Mhath', 'Script ...', pretty much the whole of the second half of 'Misplaced Childhood' ... 'Pilgrim's Address' ... 'Vigil' ... 'The Company' ... I'll stop now :)

'Raingods With Zippos' and 'Sunsets On Empire' are both cracking albums, and well worth repeated listens.

You're right about the Riga gig ... absolutely superb ... let's hope he does another tour like that!

Marillion became a completely different band once Fish left ... I'm with Glen on this, 'Vigil ...' is a far better album than 'Seasons ...'. That said, I love 'Holidays In Eden' and 'Brave', and I've seen the Hogarth-fronted band a couple of times ... they're just not 'Marillion' anymore (for me, at least) ... they hardly ever play any of the Fish-era material now, and those are the songs that put the band on the map ...

I saw the Hogarth fronted Marillion on the Seasons End tour. He was OK, but as you say it was basically a different band without Fish. I didnt really bother after that.

I still rate the band as musicians, but the life and blood of that band was Fish, and of course the amazing lyrics from the early albums.

Having said that I only own Vigil from Fish's solo career. The last album was decent and a hark back to the old Marillion sound in places, but it was pretty dark and didnt grab me as I would have liked.

He was still superb on his acoustic tour tho - and the gig at Riga was one of the best i've witnessed....from any band/artist. Mesmerising.

I love some of Fish's lyrics - songs like 'Slainte Mhath', 'Script ...', pretty much the whole of the second half of 'Misplaced Childhood' ... 'Pilgrim's Address' ... 'Vigil' ... 'The Company' ... I'll stop now :)

'Raingods With Zippos' and 'Sunsets On Empire' are both cracking albums, and well worth repeated listens.

You're right about the Riga gig ... absolutely superb ... let's hope he does another tour like that!

thanks - i'll check those 2 out.

Cheers

Black Sabbath - Vol. 4

Various - Thunderbolt: A Tribute to AC/DC

Various - Not the Same Old Song & Dance: A Tribute to Aerosmith

Twisted Sister - Club Daze Vol. I: The Studio Sessions

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy

Monster Magnet - Powertrip

Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies

Angela & The Rude - Young Souls

Muse: Absolution
Simple Minds: Once Upon A Time
Mike Oldfield: Tubular Bells
Various: 'Top Gun' Soundtrack
Five Finger Death Punch: Soundtrack To Your Roadrage - 11 Cuts And A Bunch Of Stitches

Stryper - No More Hell to Pay

Skid Row - Slave to the Grind

Exodus - Fabulous Disaster

Twisted Sister - Club Daze Vol. I: The Studio Sessions

Hittman - S/T

Tesla - Into the Now

Dee Snider - Never Let the Bastards Wear You Down

Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings