What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

and now on deck

Thin Lizzy-Thunder and lightning

Skid Row-Slave to the grind

Tygers pan tang-Spellbound

Rods-Wild Dogs

Love the Hugo debut

When did you last hear it start to finish? It starts out well but quickly goes pear shaped in that second half.

Today it was:

Benny Mardones - Never Run Never Hide
Beyond The Mirror - Beyond The Mirror
Hungryheart - One Ticket To Paradise
Hunter - Hunter
Hurricane - Take What You Want EP
Hurricane - Over The Edge
Hurricane - Slave To The Thrill
Hurricane - Liquifury
Hurry Scuary - Break It Up

Hush - If You Smile

Love the Hugo debut

When did you last hear it start to finish? It starts out well but quickly goes pear shaped in that second half.

probably about a month ago - still really enjoyed it. Its got weak moments but never less than 70%????

Love the Hugo debut

probably about a month ago - still really enjoyed it. Its got weak moments but never less than 70%????

Yeah, okay, you got me. It did actually scrape in at 72%... but close enough. ;)

Love the Hugo debut

Yeah, okay, you got me. It did actually scrape in at 72%... but close enough. ;)

ha ha - I'm predicting low to mid 80s..........

Love the Hugo debut

ha ha - I'm predicting low to mid 80s..........

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but what do you think of his vocals at times, especially on the ballads? That really, really over-polished, sickly sweet kind of sound? I noticed it again the other day also on the Jess Harnell 'Sound of your voice' solo album too. I actually really, really hate it. There's times when it feels like Hugo's lips are literally on your ear and he's whispering sweet nothings directly into your eardrum. I find it very unpleasant.

Tremonti - All I Was

Trivium - The Crusade

Trivium - In Waves

Trivium - Vengeance Falls

Ugly Kid Joe - America's Least Wanted

Rock Star Soundtrack

Therion: Sita Ahra

Zyklon: World Ov Worms

God Seed: I Begin

Del Amitri: Change Everything

Fields Of The Nephilim: The Nephilim

Toyah: Love Is The Law

Icon were such a fantastic band...

Big Talk - Time Of Dreams

Big Thing - Fallen Nation

Bill Leverty - Wanderlust

Hush - II

Ice Blue - Ice Blue

Ice Tiger - Love N' Crime

Icon - Icon

Icon - Night Of The Crime

Icon - An Even More Perfect Union

Icon - Right Between The Eyes

I take it you completely disagreed with my 73% rating of this album then??

A pretty strong first half, but generally average second [second half songs ranging from 6 to 7.25].

A pretty strong first half, but generally average second [second half songs ranging from 6 to 7.25].

It's not as good as the two albums that preceded it, but I still like it. I gave it an 81% which is probably admittedly a little high due to my overall fondness of the band, but I do like the album. 'A Far Cry' is sensational.

I will say, 'Night of the crime' is going to be a solid contender for a top five finish in 1985. Fantastic CD!!

It's not as good as the two albums that preceded it, but I still like it. I gave it an 81% which is probably admittedly a little high due to my overall fondness of the band, but I do like the album. 'A Far Cry' is sensational.

I will say, 'Night of the crime' is going to be a solid contender for a top five finish in 1985. Fantastic CD!!

A Far Cry is very good......the best song on the album in fact in at 8.75.

Solid day again:

Biloxi - III: In The Wake Of The Storm
Biss - X-Tension
Idle Cure - 2nd Avenue
Idle Cure - Inside Out
If Only - No Bed Of Roses
Ignition - Ignition
Innocent Look - Innocent Look
Inside Out - Inside Out

A Far Cry is very good......the best song on the album in fact in at 8.75.

Love that song!

Japanese AOR/Pomp with a very strong accent and long Japanese guitar solos.

Craaft-No Tricks...Just Kicks

Casanova-One Night Stand

Garbo Talks-s/t

Places Of Power-Now Is The Hour

Roxus-Nightstreet

Station-s/t

Without Love-Trouble

Dangerous Toys-Hellacious Acres

Sorry for the bad post earlier, I'll make a better one:

Alliance - S/T (1982) Retrospect Records