Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

• My Little Pony

The Raid (uncut version)

[fucking amazing film]

Too fuckin' right. Get on the sequel, mate. Somehow they managed to top it! I can't wait for the next.

"I, Frankenstein" (2014)

Frankenstein's monster, now named "Adam," returns from centuries of self imposed exile and finds himself caught in the middle of a war between demons and gargoyles, with the fate of the world in the balance. This incredibly silly action/fantasy flick isn't a movie; it's a special effects "sizzle reel" in search of a plot. Aaron Eckhardt looks like he'd rather be somewhere else, the dialogue is god-awful comic book crap, and the only one who seems to be having any fun is Bill Nighy as the head bad guy. It only took about ten minutes to see why this one tanked at the box office. Ugh!

• My Little Pony

"I, Frankenstein" (2014)

Frankenstein's monster, now named "Adam," returns from centuries of self imposed exile and finds himself caught in the middle of a war between demons and gargoyles, with the fate of the world in the balance. This incredibly silly action/fantasy flick isn't a movie; it's a special effects "sizzle reel" in search of a plot. Aaron Eckhardt looks like he'd rather be somewhere else, the dialogue is god-awful comic book crap, and the only one who seems to be having any fun is Bill Nighy as the head bad guy. It only took about ten minutes to see why this one tanked at the box office. Ugh!

I only vaguely recall this. And probably only because of Mr. Nighy's involvement. To be honest, I'll likely still watch it, because Bill Nighy is one of my all time favourite human beings, let alone actor.

"The Intruder" (1962)

An absorbing civil-rights drama directed by Roger Corman, about a racist agitator from the big city (a fantastic performance by a young, pre-Star Trek William Shatner, at his most despicable) who comes to a small Southern town to stir up the yokels just as court-ordered integration begins at the local high school. The movie was "ripped from the headlines" then, and it's a disturbing history lesson now. Fascinating stuff.

Interestingly, for many years The Intruder was known mainly as "the only movie Roger Corman ever lost money on." As you might expect, its initial release in 1962 was very limited due to the "too hot to handle" subject matter, particularly in the South. (a subsequent re-release unsuccessfully tried to sell it as an exploitation flick by re-titling the movie "I Hate Your Guts!").

Corman didn't finally break even on The Intruder till the 1990s when the producers of a documentary about Charles Beaumont (author of the novel upon which the film is based) paid to license clips from it for their film.

"Dark Ride" (2006)

Silly, cheap slasher trash which does nothing with its unique setting - the boardwalk in Asbury Park, New Jersey. A long-shuttered horror attraction (which was, of course, the site of several murders long ago) is set to re-open, so a group of college kids on their way to Spring Break make a detour to check the place out after hours. Naturally, the psycho murderer from back in the day has returned to his old stomping grounds and is waiting inside for them. You can pretty much write it yourself from there. This is one of those by-the-numbers horror movies where the characters are all so obnoxiously irritating and stupid that you start ROOTING for them to die. Avoid!

• My Little Pony

The Kingsman (2015)

Decent spy flick. Good cast. Glad to see Mark Strong getting more screen time. One of my favorite underrated actors.

"Maniac Cop 2" (1991)

The undead killer cop is back on the streets of the Big Apple for more slashings, shootings and mayhem in Larry Cohen's awesomely sleazy action/slasher sequel. This is one of my all time favorite "B" flicks, it's tons of fun that outdoes the original "Maniac Cop" in every department.

• My Little Pony

Bloody phone.

Yeah! Great movie.

3616984616_f3792c2cbe.jpg

You and I have very different tastes in film; I thought it was shit.

Brace yourselves ...

'Shaun the Sheep: The Movie', with my girls :)

Brace yourselves ...

'Shaun the Sheep: The Movie', with my girls :)

How was it? The kids and I are fans!

It was a lot better than I thought it would be - and, considering it had no 'proper' dialogue in it, really funny in places. There were some nice touches (Nick Park plays himself, the rooster is straight out of Chicken Run), so I can thoroughly recommend it.

"Cyborg" (1989)

Jean-Claude Van Damme beats the crap out of a lotta people in an extremely cheap, mostly plotless post-apocalypse flick. J.C.V.D. made a few decent movies back in the day, but this isn't one of them.

The Thing (2011)

The Thing (1982)

Lesbian Vampire Killers

Freejack

Flight of the Intruder

Freejack! nice

Gamer

Wanted

The Rundown

"City of the Walking Dead," aka "Nightmare City" (1980)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7nOmLUJSD0

The legendary Umberto Lenzi's ultra-cheez Spanish/Italian "Dawn of the Dead" wanna- be is still one of the best bad zombie movies ever made. The script/plot is a nonsensical muddle, the performances are wooden, the effects suck, and the English dubbintg is howlingly awkward, but the non-stop action is so batsh*t insane that you can't help but love this flick.

I popped this one on last night to celebrate the news that gore makeup guru Tom Savini is trying to get a "Nightmare City" remake off the ground!

"THEM!" (1954)

Nuclear bomb tests in the New Mexico desert spawn a new breed of giant mutant ants -- which then set up shop in the sewers of Los Angeles -- in this '50s sci-fi classic. Lots of fun!

"The Swarm" (1978)

Irwin "Master of Disaster" Allen's box office winning streak came to an end with this late 70s turkey in which an all star cast (includes Henry Fonda, Michael Caine, Olivia De Havilland, Fred MacMurray and Richard Widmark) battles a lethal horde of African killer bees. Much unintentional hilarity ensues.

Big Hero 6 - with the family. Good movie!!!