Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

The remake of Red Dawn, not that I managed to watch all this turgid heap of crap!!

Why would you do that to yourself? :(

is it really that bad?

There aren't enough words to describe just what a waste of time the film is ...

The remake of Red Dawn, not that I managed to watch all this turgid heap of crap!!

is it really that bad?

Blimey.........

is it really that bad?

Blimey.........

I know, I know ... I really shouldn't sit on the fence ...

is it really that bad?

Blimey.........

Is it really that grim.....

is it really that bad?

Blimey.........

Is it really that grim.....

Hm ... if you haven't seen the original film, then you might enjoy it ... but I have, and I didn't. The re-make is all a little too 'gung-ho' and jingoistic for my liking - now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy a 'good vs evil/put your common sense on hold/give the bad guys a good kicking' film as much as the next man, but the remake has lost a lot of the 'humanity' that the original film had ... plus, with this version, I found that I really didn't care if the heroes of the piece lived or died. In fact, I found myself hoping that some of them would meet an untimely end before the credits rolled ...

Evil Dead. Hm ...

Evil Dead. Hm ...

is that the new version.

A woman I work with said someone was sick in the cinema where she saw it lol !!

Not a Disney film then ;-))

Evil Dead. Hm ...

is that the new version.

Looks like a real gore-fest. Freddy might like it, but I really hate gore, much prefer scary horrors to bloody ones.

"Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days" (2012)

Third installment of the family comedy series follows our junior-high schooler hero Greg Heffley through a particularly disastrous summer vacation that includes a new pet, a trip to the beach, a Boy Scout camping trip and a Sweet Sixteen party featuring his brother Rodrick's (awful) band, "Loded Diper!"

This one wasn't as good as the previous two "Wimpy Kid" installments but there were still some chuckles to be had and both of my kids enjoyed it.

Evil Dead. Hm ...

is that the new version.

Looks like a real gore-fest. Freddy might like it, but I really hate gore, much prefer scary horrors to bloody ones.

Yeah, it was the new version ... it was 'okay' ... buckets of blood (if that's your thing), a couple of moments that made me jump ... the trouble with it is that you know exactly what's coming, and the characters behave as predictably as you'd expect ('Oh, look - here's a scary looking book, hidden away from human sight and covered in dire warnings about what will happen if you read it - I know, let's read it out loud! What's the worst that could happen?') By the end of the film, my mate and I were both laughing at scenes that probably weren't supposed to be amusing ... and marvelling at the fact that some of the characters managed to sustain a whole load of bodily trauma and blood-loss without going into immediate shock :) I KNOW it's not supposed to be taken seriously, and I KNOW it's not been made to win any major awards, but it feels like a remake just for the sake of it (it's a bit like the pointless remake of 'Psycho' in that respect.)

My son wanted to watch it and he only managed to watch 20 mins before stating it was rubbish.

Iron Man III

Shoulda gone to see this, instead of Evil Dead :(

Iron Man III

Verdict? I've heard it's the best one yet ... what d'ya reckon?

To be honest, I'm not all that interested in the new "Evil Dead" because all of the reviews I've read have said that it's pretty much all gore and nothing else. I don't mind gore but it shouldn't be the be-all and end-all of the movie, I need a semi decent story to go with it.

I'm sure I'll see the "Evil Dead" re-do at some point but I'm not in any hurry.

The Big Lebowski....loooooovvvveee this film :)

That movie is soooooo friggin' quotable.

"That rug really tied the room together."

"Shut the f*ck up Donny."

"I DON'T ROLL ON SHABBOS!"

"THIS! (smash) IS WHAT HAPPENS! (smash) WHEN YOU F*CK! (smash) A STRANGER! (smash) IN THE ASS!"

"The Expendables 2" (2012)

Sly Stallone and his crew of aging mercenaries travel to Eastern Europe to shut down a supervillain (Jean Claude Van Damme) who's digging up a stash of decommissioned Russian plutonium. Naturally, lotsa bullets fly, things crash and stuff blows up. Good, mindless fun, with the added bonus of being a "spot the action star" game. ("Look, it's Chuck Norris! Hey, it's Arnie! Wow, it's Jean Claude Van Damme!")