Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Schlock-Tober continues with....

"American Horror House" (2012)

In this none-too-subtle SyFy Channel rip-off of FX's "American Horror Story," a gang of ditzy sorority sisters move into an old off-campus house which, of course, has a horrific past. While the sisters plan their big annual Hallowen party, the new pledge class starts falling victim to the restless spirits which also call the house home. Former '80s hottie Morgan Fairchild (Where have you seen her lately?) is the creepy old housemother who knows more about the house's history than she's letting on.

In a nutshell: Don't expect the FX show's mix of creeping horror and artsy-fartsy pretentiousness. This flick is gory, stupid, and features lots of dumb sorority chicks dying in various horrible ways. In other words, it's perfect Schlock-tober entertainment!

• My Little Pony

Madea's Witness Protection

I'd say avoid, unless you're a big Tyler Perry fan. All the humor couldn't make up for the poor acting and mediocre story.

Butter

Now this was a good film. This one's got a lotta heart. Recommended!

Buried-Not bad, certainly worth a watch. Not for the claustrophobic however...

I know!, I watched it!

Hunger Games. Thought it started out slow but enjoyed it for the most part.

Just watched this myself...found it interesting enough to finish, boring enough that I never want to see it again.

• My Little Pony

Hunger Games. Thought it started out slow but enjoyed it for the most part.

Just watched this myself...found it interesting enough to finish, boring enough that I never want to see it again.

Really? I was pleasantly surprised with it. I didn't find it boring, and I thought it was well paced. I'm legitimately looking forward to the next one.

not seen this in 20 years

INNERSPACE.

Meg Ryan

Dennis Quaid

Martin Short

Tuck Pendleton is a cocky pilot, who is taking part in a miniaturization experiment. When some bad guys break into the lab to steal the technology, one of the scientists takes a syringe which contains the miniaturized Tuck and vessel. Now in the vessel is part of the material needed to restore him. But the other part which is the lab is stolen. The scientist's shot but before dying he injects Tuck into Jack Putter, a hypochondriac, who feels that something is wrong with him all the time. When Tuck links himself to Jack's systems, he discovers that something happened. So they go back to the lab, and discover what happened. Now they are told that unless they retrieve the material that was stolen they won't be able to restore Tuck before his oxygen is depleted

[media=]

[/media]

• My Little Pony

Paranormal Activity 2

This one had a few good jumps, and it nicely ties into the first. There's something about found footage films that work so well with the horror/suspense genre. I think it's the fact they make you participate. In other films you simply sit there and watch, in found footage films you're constantly examining the screen, looking in the shadows, reflections, etc. so you don't miss anything.

"End of the Century: The Story of the Ramones"

One of my favorite "rock docs," detailing the highs and lows of the influential punk rock band's career through interviews and tons of killer archive footage.

"On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (1969)

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf_I84W-_cw[/media]

In George Lazenby's one and only turn as 007, James Bond travels from Italy to the Swiss Alps, where he romances a Countess (Diana Rigg) and uncovers a secret plot by the evil Blofeld (Telly Savalas) to sterilize the world via biological warfare.

This is the one and only film in the 007 series that I'd never seen. A lot of fans seem to hate it but I was actually impressed by it. Lazenby's performance as Bond was adequate (he had the self-assured smirk of Connery and can brawl with the best of 'em), Diana Rigg was purty, and though the film does run a bit longer than it needs to, the last hour is just one cool action sequence after another.

Lazenby probably would've been a pretty decent Bond if he'd stuck with the role, however, legend has it that he declined to return thanks to some poor advice from his management, who advised him that the Bond character was "passe" once the swingin' 60s ended. Great career move there, George.

• My Little Pony

"On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (1969)

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf_I84W-_cw[/media]

In George Lazenby's one and only turn as 007, James Bond travels from Italy to the Swiss Alps, where he romances a Countess (Diana Rigg) and uncovers a secret plot by the evil Blofeld (Telly Savalas) to sterilize the world via biological warfare.

This is the one and only film in the 007 series that I'd never seen. A lot of fans seem to hate it but I was actually impressed by it. Lazenby's performance as Bond was adequate (he had the self-assured smirk of Connery and can brawl with the best of 'em), Diana Rigg was purty, and though the film does run a bit longer than it needs to, the last hour is just one cool action sequence after another.

Lazenby probably would've been a pretty decent Bond if he'd stuck with the role, however, legend has it that he declined to return thanks to some poor advice from his management, who advised him that the Bond character was "passe" once the swingin' 60s ended. Great career move there, George.

Speaking of "Bond," Adele's doing the new theme song, and it sounds pretty good.

Frozen

Not sure how to describe this, psychological something-or-other I suppose. Watched it because I have a bit of a thing for Shirley Henderson (not sure what it is, probably the voice) and kinda wish I hadn't bothered. 2 hours and not a lot happens. Okay I suppose, but the ending isn't really worth the effort. Meh.

Prometheus-enjoyed it and the sets are well done.

I just watched it this morning, and thought it was OK.

• My Little Pony

Prometheus-enjoyed it and the sets are well done.

I just watched it this morning, and thought it was OK.

I can't believe all the mediocre reviews I'm reading from a bunch of you guys, here. This movie was great. You can't go into this expecting another Aliens film.