Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Beerfest" (2006)

To defend their family's honor, two American brothers form a team of fellow slackers and head to Germany to take part in a super-secret international beer drinking competition. So basically this is a drunken, slapstick version of "Fight Club." A raunchy, funny as hell, dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks comedy that's best enjoyed with a few beers in hand!

Took my two oldest boys to see Pacific Rim Uprising,it was a good enough show,wasnt expecting it to be as good as the 1st and it wasn't,still some nice action in it.

Next up is Ready Player One on weds :)

Woke up too damn early this morning so I killed some time with a couple of music docs on Amazon Prime.

"Inside Metal: The Rise of L.A. Thrash Metal" (2017)
The latest chapter of the "Inside Metal" series examines the challenges that bands like Slayer, Dark Angel and Hirax faced in the early days as they tried to establish a thrash scene in Los Angeles, the glam capitol of the world. Katon DePena, Dave Ellefson, Chris Poland, Gene Hoglan, Eric Peterson, Juan Garcia, Ernie C. (Body Count) and many more tell some good stories amidst the vintage clips and photos. Like the rest of the "Inside Metal" series, there's really nothing here that long time genre fans won't already know but it was an OK time waster. 

"Ramones: The True Story" (2005)
This cheap looking documentary covers the punk rock godfathers' first decade and consists mostly of vintage TV footage, with added commentary by Tommy Ramone (the only surviving original member at the time this flick was made), CBGBs owner Hilly Kristal, Ramones road manager Monte Melnick and art director Arturo Vega. This might not be a bad intro to the band for newbies but I'd say skip this and go for 2003's way more thorough End of the Century doc instead.

"Mutant" (aka "Night Shadows," 1984)

Stranded in a backwoods burg after a car breakdown, a city boy soon learns that toxic waste in the groundwater is slowly turning the townsfolk into a horde of nocturnal, blood-drinking zombie-like creatures. Hilarity ensues. 
A fun, oh-so-'80s slice of low budget eco-terror, not to be confused with Roger Corman's 1982 "Aliien" wanna-be "Forbidden Planet," which is also known as "Mutant" in some parts of the world.

Marathon Man (1976) - still a worthwhile watch assuming you don't have a phobia about dentists...lol

Gorky Park (1983) - decent detective flick

Willow (1989) - silly stuff from Ron Howard...not one of his best but worth a few laughs just because of how bad it is...

"Rats: Night of Terror" (1984)
In this semi-legendary Italian post-apocalypse flick (directed by spaghetti schlock kingpin Bruno Mattei of "Hell of the Living Dead" and "Shocking Dark" fame, and co-written by Claudio Fragasso of "Troll 2"), a group of nomadic bikers discover an abandoned laboratory that's fully stocked with food and water. They think they've hit the jackpot - until night falls and  they find out that the facility is also home to thousands of hungry rats who don't take kindly to trespassers on "their" turf. You can probably figure out the rest...
Like most Italian horrors, "Rats" features atrocious acting, awkward dialogue, and plenty of cheap but effective gore, plus one of the most WTF twist endings in Z-movie history -- which, amazingly, was spoiled by many of the flick's posters/video covers. Cheesy but enjoyable for all the wrong reasons.

• My Little Pony

The Maze Runner (2014)

I had never seen it before. I thought it was decent. My brother says the second film is shit, and, while he hasn't seen the latest one, he says the third book is the worst, so I think I'll end with the first installment. 

5 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

The Maze Runner (2014)

I had never seen it before. I thought it was decent. My brother says the second film is shit, and, while he hasn't seen the latest one, he says the third book is the worst, so I think I'll end with the first installment. 

The last film is amazing and the second movie was pretty damn good too. Ignore your brother and see them.

The Shape of Water  ~  I see why it one a gaggle of academy awards. Nice film with some excellent cinematography and very solid acting.

Justice League  ~  I like these way more than the Avengers stuff. 

Daddy's Home 2  ~  Oh my how Mel G and John L have sunk. The film is fine for what it is. If the first installment created a chuckle or 2 so will this one.

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, GeorgeRendon said:

The Breadwinner - an animation from the studio who made The Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea. Excellent. Will show you how ruthlessly stupid the Talibans are.

Song of the Sea was great, but I've never heard of the other two. Definitely gonna check them out. 

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎09 at 9:23 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Song of the Sea was great, but I've never heard of the other two. Definitely gonna check them out. 

The Secret of Kells, for me, was not that great. But The Breadwinner was on another level. Not as devastating as Grave of the Fireflies but to see the plight of young girls in Afghanistan is really sad.

"The Crawlers" (1993)
Nuclear waste dumped in a remote forest area mutates the trees, who then strangle a bunch of people with their roots. Yep, that's the whole plot of this horribly cheap, terribly acted, snail-paced direct-to-video piece of crap. This was the worst movie I've seen in quite some time. 
"The Crawlers" is also known as "Contamination .7", "Creepers," and "Troll 3," but whatever name you want to call it, this movie sucks!
AVOID.

"Night of the Comet" (1984)
A pair of Valley Girl sisters and a truck driver may be the last humans left on Earth after a passing comet disintegrates most people instantly and turns the few who survive into ravenous zombies. Yeah, I hate when that happens.
This odd ball horror/sci-fi/comedy blend has become a cult film but I'm not really sure why, I thought it was pretty "meh." The two female leads are fun to watch and there are a few funny bits scattered throughout the film but  I was mostly bored. Oh well. (shrugs)  

"Gallowwalkers" (2013)
"Blade" meets "Jonah Hex" in a silly but entertainingly ultra-violent horror/Western hybrid. Wesley Snipes is a gun slinger who recruits a young protege to help him kill some bad guys who stubbornly refuse to stay dead. "Gallowwalkers" is a fairly well made film, with lotsa pretty scenery and cool gory action bits, but the story goes around in circles until the final battle between Snipes and Head Bad Guy.

Fun fact: Snipes turned himself in to face charges of tax evasion while making this flick, which was just one of numerous production problems that delayed the movie's completion for several years.