Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Collateral Beauty

Goodness, what ever came over me to watch this. Mind numbing comes to mind when describing this POS.

I refuse to watch that drivel. By the way, check my latest post in the ''Introductions'' category, there's a question for you about your favorite album :D

"The Protector" (1985)

Two New York cops (Jackie Chan and Danny Aiello) are sent to Hong Kong to track down a kidnapped girl and end up tangling with a ring of vicious heroin smugglers. Of course, lots of bullets fly, many butts are kung-fu kicked, and lots of stuff blows up.

Jackie Chan was already a huge movie star in Asia in 1985 -- "The Protector" was intended to be his big break into the global action-film market, but it didn't catch on. It's an entertaining '80s style shoot'em up, but it would take a few more years before "Rumble In The Bronx" finally made Jackie into a cult hero in the West.

Collateral Beauty

Goodness, what ever came over me to watch this. Mind numbing comes to mind when describing this POS.

I refuse to watch that drivel. By the way, check my latest post in the ''Introductions'' category, there's a question for you about your favorite album :D

I will go find it...

On topic:

Fist Fight

Nary a laugh could be mustered within this one. 3 O' Clock High is a FAAAAAAR superior film which is what this film ripped most of its content from, albeit they skewed it to be teachers fighting instead of students. I mean all the way down to the shots of the clock clicking the seconds off, to the teacher enlisting others to fight for him, to planting stuff on the other to get them arrested, to the finale with the swarms of people/students and the underdog actually standing a chance. May as well have just called it a reboot and at least drawn from that pool...

Again watch 3 O' Clock High.

• My Little Pony

The Red Turtle

Just because it has the name Studio Ghibli on it, that's why I watched it. Pretty depressing. But not as depressing as Grave of the Fireflies.

It was good, just not as good as I expected/hoped.

That new King Arthur one.

What a pile of shit.

Jax Teller sucked, Littlefinger sucked. They all sucked.

Kind of a modern twist which didn't work at all.

"Flatliners" (1990)

Med students try to learn what happens after death - by experimenting with stopping their hearts and bringing each other back from the brink. Naturally, these trips to "the other side" eventually have sinister consequences.

An artsy, flashy sci-fi/horror directed by Joel Schumacher, with a great cast incl.a young Julia Roberts, Kiefer Sutherland and Kevin Bacon. Cool stuff, apparently a remake is due later this year.

Lazy Saturday Double Feature:

"Batman and Mr. Freeze: SubZero" (1998)

Feature-length spin off from "Batman: The Animated Series" pits the Dark Knight against Mr. Freeze, whose dying wife needs a vital organ transplant - and it turns out that Barbara (Batgirl) Gordon would be the perfect match. Nicely animated as usual, this Batman/Mr. Freeze battle is superior to the live action version that preceded it ("Batman & Robin") by a mile.

"Ninja Cheerleaders" (2008)

...as you can probably tell from the title, this is some real high-concept sh*t here. (haha!)

Three honor students by day and strippers by night also find time to learn the art of ninjitsu from George Takei (yes, really). Those skills come in handy when George is kidnapped by the mob and the girls have to rescue him before they can leave for college.

... in other words, this is your basic cheap, turn-your-brain-off action comedy. Just relax and enjoy watching the three cutie-pie leads kung-fu the crap out of a bunch of dudes.

"Dead Silence" (2007)

After the mysterious death of his wife, a young man returns to his home town and learns of his family's connection to a local legend - the ghostly Mary Shaw, an insane ventriloquist with an army of living dolls.

Creepy-cool spook story with lotsa atmosphere and a couple of decent jump scares. Underrated.

• My Little Pony

The Lobster (2016)

This is an absurdist black comedy film about a dystopian future where singles are given 45 days to find a partner before they are turned into animals. Yup.

I loved it. It stars Colin Farrell, but the supporting talent might even outperform him. Absurdist comedy is definitely not for everyone, but if you can stomach it, give it a chance.

The Raid 2

[just as good.....and blood thirsty.....as the first film. One gripe though - how many times can one man get sliced with a hook knife and still get up. Great action flick though. Subtitles. martial arts]

The Lobster (2016)

This is an absurdist black comedy film about a dystopian future where singles are given 45 days to find a partner before they are turned into animals. Yup.

I loved it. It stars Colin Farrell, but the supporting talent might even outperform him. Absurdist comedy is definitely not for everyone, but if you can stomach it, give it a chance.

Agreed. I posted about this one a bit back. Really well done and blacker than the inside of a cow.

21 Jump Street damn funny even though it has Jonah Hill in it. Channing Tate-Yum is a studly dude and funny as heck.

• My Little Pony

Green Room (2016)

Oh, man, this film was tense as hell! Have you seen Blue Ruin? If not, go watch it! If you have, this is the next film from director Jeremy Saulnier. It's listed as a Horror. I don't think that's correct. It's highly suspenseful, but I wouldn't call it Horror.

Green Room (2016)

Oh, man, this film was tense as hell! Have you seen Blue Ruin? If not, go watch it! If you have, this is the next film from director Jeremy Saulnier. It's listed as a Horror. I don't think that's correct. It's highly suspenseful, but I wouldn't call it Horror.

NO not horror but certainly has moments of supreme tension and graphic violence. Another great performance from Anton Yelchin. RIP.

• My Little Pony

Green Room (2016)

NO not horror but certainly has moments of supreme tension and graphic violence. Another great performance from Anton Yelchin. RIP.

Yeah, it was a little difficult watching him in his final role. The kid was seriously talented.

The Lost City Of Z

Long, overly long movie.

Had I known it was based on a true story before my wife put it on, it would have made more sense as the theatrics suffered for the real story.