Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

The BFG (2016) and Pete's Dragon (2016)....two very good films for the whole family...recommended...

Jason Bourne (2016) - another excellent addition to the series...

Saga - Curse of the Shadow (2013) - average dwarf, elf and magic flick but watchable unlike many in this genre...

It's been a cold, wet, crappy "stay inside and watch movies" kind of day...

"Would You Rather" (2012)

A woman who's desperate to fund her dying brother's cancer treatment finds herself invited to a "dinner party" hosted by a mysterious philanthropist (Jeffrey "Re-Animator" Combs), whose idea of an after dinner "party game" is to pit his guests against one another in a big-money, winner take all contest of wills, morals and endurance. A tight, twisty little psycho-thriller that doesn't skimp on the nasty stuff, a pleasant surprise.

"TC 2000" (1993)

In the post-apocalypse future, everyone dresses like they're in an '80s metal video, and the fortunate people live in vast underground cities while the rest battle to survive in the wasteland "surface world" above. Martial artist Billy Blanks (of "Tae-Bo" workout video fame) plays a cop who teams up with a resistance fighter (Bolo "Bloodsport" Yeung) to stop a conspiracy that will ignite war between the two sides. Oh, and a hot chick gets turned into some kind of cyborg robo-kung-fu-mega-asskicking machine for some reason.

Cheap, chop-socky nonsense that's basically an excuse to watch dudes beat the sh*t out of each other for 90 minutes straight.

Mechanic Resurrection - I don't think I've seen the earlier ones (I possibly get confused with Transporter which I thought was average)

This was a pretty decent movie.

Standard formula, nothing too fresh, but kept on pumping along with enough action to keep interest.

"One Down, Two To Go" (1982)

Three West Coast bad-asses (Fred "The Hammer" Williamson, "Gentleman" Jim Brown and Richard "Shaft" Roundtree) mix it up with the New York mob after one of their pals (martial arts legend Jim Kelly) gets roughed up at a rigged karate tournament.

A fairly "meh" late-inning entry in the blaxploitation genre, the stars all seem to be having fun but the action is by-the-numbers. Fans of Williamson, Brown and Kelly would be better off re-watching the same trio's far superior "Three The Hard Way" (1974) instead.

Star Crystal" (1986)

https://youtu.be/yZr4l6jlNuI

Survivors of a space station disaster find themselves trapped in their escape shuttle with a homicidal extraterrestrial something-or-other.

In other words, it's yet another cheap sh*t "Alien" wanna-be, but this one's worse than usual due to the snail pace, the cardboard sets, the community-theater level performances, and the absolutely laughable creature FX.

AVOID!

• My Little Pony

SLC Punk! (1998)

A film about a couple punks from Salt Lake City, trying to find their place in the world. I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I could see how it wouldn't be for everyone. Stars Matthew Lillard and a young Jason Segel.

Watched a BIG time turkey today in honor of Thanksgiving:

"The Possession of Nurse Sherri" (1978)

The leader of a bizarre religious cult dies while undergoing heart surgery, and his spirit possesses one of the hospital nurses, who then starts randomly murdering people ... for revenge (?) or something... I guess. (shrugs)

...that's about all the explanation you get in this bizarro-world "Exorcist" variant from legendary Z-Movie director Al Adamson (whose extensive exploitation filmography contains such additional gems as "Black Fist," "Blood of Ghastly Horror" and "I Spit On Your Corpse"), and it was a chore to get through. It's full of plot holes, awkward pacing, unintentionally hilarious dialogue, cheap set pieces, and laughable acting.

This movie has been released under a host of alternate titles including "Terror Hospital," "Black Voodoo," "Beyond The Living," and "Killer's Curse," none of which really fit either. An alternate cut of the movie, titled simply "Nurse Sherri," also exists, which apparently drops much of the horror elements in favor of a bunch of softcore sex scenes featuring the well-endowed nurses. I kinda wish I'd watched that version instead...

"Ski School II" (1994)

Hard partying ski bum Dave Marshak (Dean Cameron) returns to the slopes when he learns that his ex girlfriend is about to marry an obnoxious preppie (who, of course, has an ulterior motive). Wacky hijinks ensue.

The original "Ski School" wasn't Shakespeare by any means but this sequel is dumb as a box of rocks. Of course there's lotsa pretty, frequently undressed girls in it and a few decent gags but otherwise you won't miss much if you skip this one.

I Am Wrath

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwiQCDpYzjE

Not a bad movie.

Bit of a slide for John Travota to what is pretty much a B movie.

I like revenge flicks, so I enjoyed this, even if some parts and lines were pretty predictable.

"Punk's Not Dead" (2007)

This documentary traces the history of punk rock from its humble 70s beginnings (Ramones, Sex Pistols) through the hardcore '80s (Black Flag, Minor Threat) and finally to its "commercial" breakthrough in the 90s thanks to Green Day, the Offspring, Pennywise, etc. Features interviews and commentary by a who's who of punk royalty including Henry Rollins (of course), Jello Biafra, Billie Joe Armstrong, and members of the UK Subs, the Adicts, the Anti-Nowhere League, L7, Bad Religion, the Circle Jerks and lots more. Loud, chaotic fun.

• My Little Pony

Sausage Party

Fucking funny and the liberal use of the word cunt is refreshing.

Reviews are all over the place on this one. Not sure who to believe.

Saw 2 ''classics'' I hadn't before: When Harry Met Sally and Sleepless In Seattle

Thought Harry and Sally was pretty good, especially Billy Crystal was very funny

Sleepless... not so much. I know it's just a movie but I found the story very hard to believe, way too unrealistic but seems to be a movie targeting a female audience

"Street Law" (1974)

Italy didn't just make ultra violent horror movies during the 70s - they made lots of ultra violent crime thrillers too. In this flick, which is essentially an Italian "Death Wish," a mild mannered urban dweller (Franco Nero) goes vigilante after he's beaten up by gangsters during a bank robbery.

"Street Law" has a great, action packed opening scene and a gritty ending but the mid section drags a bit as Nero wallows in self pity for awhile before bumbling around trying to get his hands on some weapons, and find out where the gang hides out. I've seen better, but this was an OK time waster.

"Krampus" (2015)

A dysfunctional family's Christmas celebration becomes a fight for survival when the demonic anti-Santa of German yuletide folklore crashes the party. I was kinda hoping for something with a bigger/more horrific mean streak, but Michael "Trick r' Treat" Dougherty's entertaining black comedy/horror/fantasy eventually won me over with its fast pace, clever dialogue and cool creature FX.

"Krampus" (2015)

A dysfunctional family's Christmas celebration becomes a fight for survival when the demonic anti-Santa of German yuletide folklore crashes the party. I was kinda hoping for something with a bigger/more horrific mean streak, but Michael "Trick r' Treat" Dougherty's entertaining black comedy/horror/fantasy eventually won me over with its fast pace, clever dialogue and cool creature FX.

Yes I too enjoyed this one and its Gremlins vibe. As mentioned not horrific but certainly entertaining and with gobs of special effects.

"Krampus: The Christmas Devil" (2013)

A cop who narrowly escaped the clutches of the Yuletide demon 30 years ago when he was a kid must prepare to face the creature again when local children begin disappearing.

...do NOT confuse this movie with the unrelated and far superior "Krampus" flick I reviewed above. This one is a zero budget, shot on video amateur-night piece of sh*t that may be the worst movie I've seen all year.

AVOID.