Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Yeah, used to be that if you had no religion you kept that to yourself because saying so wasn't the thing to do.

Nowadays if you're religious, you're the one who keeps it quiet, because people are a lot more happy to debate the issue (and religion's argument pretty much starts and ends with the word "faith")

I find it extraordinary that we live in a Christian society and abide by it's 'laws' to some degree (here in Australia)

I've seen parliament sitting and witnesses the lord's prayer being recited at the start of the day.

I used to wonder that if one day there was a definitive answer that disproved a higher power how the world would react.

ie: would many people who were devout followers of a god suddenly not be able to cope with life, having never considered that there was nothing after life?

Would the suicide rate jump? Would 'sin' become more prevalent?

Best snippet I've seen on religion is below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-d4otHE-YI

I listen to people who say how religion is for the uneducated and I agree... 99.9% of the time. But it always amazes me when an otherwise "seemingly" intelligent being chooses a religion to follow. It's life's greatest mystery. Honestly. Not religions themselves... but just the fact that there are (very few) seemingly intelligent people who follow a religion. What makes an otherwise intelligent person so stupid about this one subject? Blows my mind. And they're so serious about it.

'The Holiday' ... Christmas film with my girls ...

But it always amazes me when an otherwise "seemingly" intelligent being chooses a religion to follow. It's life's greatest mystery.

Bill Maher sez something along those lines in the beginning of the film...I forget the exact words but it was something about how he can't understand why some "otherwise sane, rational people" he knows still go to church once a week and listen to stories about an all powerful invisible guy who lives in the sky, talking snakes, burning bushes, devils, etc., etc. without ever thinking "Y'know what, this is ridiculous." :rofl2:

What makes an otherwise intelligent person so stupid about this one subject? Blows my mind. And they're so serious about it.

Faith :)

haha, I think it is something at the core of a human that might be described as an insecurity in life.

They need some answer.

And if you (or science) can answer where a 'soul' comes from, then pretty much all religion and faith ends.

How physical life came to be can be answered, but not everything can be, and I guess some people, regardless of intelligence have their own answers.

What makes an otherwise intelligent person so stupid about this one subject? Blows my mind. And they're so serious about it.

Faith :)

haha, I think it is something at the core of a human that might be described as an insecurity in life.

They need some answer.

And if you (or science) can answer where a 'soul' comes from, then pretty much all religion and faith ends.

How physical life came to be can be answered, but not everything can be, and I guess some people, regardless of intelligence have their own answers.

Some people need religion like they need water and air which is fine by me as long as they do not try to shove their beliefs down my throat...live and let live...

"Devil's Knot" (2014)

Crime melodrama based on the "West Memphis Three" saga, in which three Arkansas teens were accused and convicted of killing three young kids, in spite of a near-total lack of evidence aside from the fact that they liked to wear black and listened to heavy metal. Strong performances all around, including Reese Witherspoon as the mother of one of the murdered kids and Colin Firth as an investigator for the defense. Not a must-see but a decent time waster on a snowy evening.

My wife took me off my sickbed(been in it a week with acute pneumonia) to see Rogue One on Thursday...really enjoyed it,top class star wars action for a nerd like me who's be in it since the start,back in bed since but hopefully can get on my feet and back to normal over the weekend because I'm takin my son's to see it in the Maxx screen on Tuesday night as a surprise Christmas treat which I booked months ago :)

Feckin pneumonia knocked 4 & half stone off me 5 years ago and its tryin again,its an occupational hazard for me workin outside everyday of the year,rain,snow,sleet,cold and occasionally in my part of the world...sunshine :christmas:

Morgan (2016) - scifi about an artificially created being...nothing new here and you can see the twist at the end a mile away...average..

Storks (2016) - decent animated flick...

Suicide Squad (2016) - not sure why there were negative reviews about this one...I really enjoyed it and I hope there is a follow up...

Snowden (2016) - long and slow but okay I guess although Oliver Stone did his best to make Snowden out to be a hero...personally I'm not so sure but I do believe the world had a right to know that the spy agencies were tracking every email and phone call being made around the world.....talk about invasion of privacy!

The Magnificent Seven (2016) - excellent remake of this western...

"Home Alone 2: Lost In New York" (1992)

Little Kevin's on his own again, after an airport mixup puts him on a plane to New York while the rest of his inept family heads to Florida for the holidays. After soaking up the delights of the Christmas season in New York for a while, Kevin runs into his old friends Harry and Marv, who've escaped from jail and are planning a holiday heist... with a side of revenge!

...so yeah, in other words this is a complete retread of the previous film, just set in a different city, but the formula still works. My 9 year old laughed all the way through it and I got a few chuckles out of it as well.

Storks (2016) - decent animated flick...

Suicide Squad (2016) - not sure why there were negative reviews about this one...I really enjoyed it and I hope there is a follow up...

Really enjoyed Storks...the wolfpack are brilliant

Totally agree on Suicide Squad,have read the comics for years and felt they transferred it to the big screen well.

• My Little Pony

My wife took me off my sickbed(been in it a week with acute pneumonia) to see Rogue One on Thursday...really enjoyed it,top class star wars action for a nerd like me who's be in it since the start,back in bed since but hopefully can get on my feet and back to normal over the weekend because I'm takin my son's to see it in the Maxx screen on Tuesday night as a surprise Christmas treat which I booked months ago :)

Feckin pneumonia knocked 4 & half stone off me 5 years ago and its tryin again,its an occupational hazard for me workin outside everyday of the year,rain,snow,sleet,cold and occasionally in my part of the world...sunshine :christmas:

That's rough, bud. Get well. I'm glad you got a chance to see it early, though.

• My Little Pony

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

I've seen this twice, now, and will watch it at least two more times on the silver screen. I love it. I think it's a great addition to the Star Wars universe. Definitely better than The Force Awakens. However, as this is my favourite franchise, I do have some issues with the film, but I'll keep them to myself at this moment, because I can't talk about them without spoiling the film. But, yeah, I still love the movie. I would rank it number four after ESB, ROTJ, ANH. But number seven if we include the two Ewoks films. Because they hold so much nostalgic charm. ;}

"Christmas With The Andersons" (2016)

A high powered lawyer loses his job right before Christmas, and the resulting financial crunch puts his family's massive annual holiday party for the whole town in jeopardy. Fortunately his wacky old Aunt Katie (Julie "Trapped In The Body of a White Girl" Brown - remember when she used to be hot?) and some friends pull together to help them put on a kick butt low budget holiday bash and in the process Spoiled Rich Guy learns that Christmas is about more than who's got the biggest/fanciest/most expensive stuff.

...as you might have guessed, this is yet another cookie-cutter feel good made-for-TV family holiday comedy, which piles on the schmaltz by the bucketful. Cable TV is littered with dozens of flicks just like it all December long. "Andersons" was a mildly entertaining bit o'fluff, but by this time next year I'll have forgotten it entirely.

• My Little Pony

Its about Damn time!! We still have to wait until October to see it. Cant wait though! :pickle:

Oh, shit! I really hope it doesn't suck. Love that they cast Ryan Gosling.

Pride And Prejudice And Zombies

Hancock

Kill Bill (1 and 2)

.... I've been off sick for a few days :)

Its about Damn time!! We still have to wait until October to see it. Cant wait though! :pickle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haXvp8M9Cog

Oh, shit! I really hope it doesn't suck. Love that they cast Ryan Gosling.

Wow. Harry Ford in another revival role. Nice. And it will suck because Ryan Gossling is in it. He is no es bueno.

"Execution Squad" (1972)

An Italian police inspector tracks down a group of vigilantes who are cleaning up the crime-ridden streets of Rome at night. As the investigation goes on he begins to suspect that the killers are ex-cops, working under orders from corrupt city officials.

This flick is apparently credited with kicking off the ultraviolent low budget "Eurocrime" movie craze of the early/mid '70s but I thought it was kinda dull, it didn't even start getting into gear till the halfway point. Some say that Italian movie vet Clint Eastwood borrowed the cops-gone-rogue plot from this flick for his second "Dirty Harry" film, "Magnum Force," which came out a year after this. If that's the case, then Clint did it better. (shrugs)