Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Run All Night

Mad Max - Fury Road

SyFy kicked off their "Sharknado Week 2015" fest last night with this pair of cheap-O's...

"RoboShark" (2015)

An alien intelligence crash-lands in the ocean near Seattle and is swallowed by a passing shark...which turns into a metallic robotic creature that can not only attack on land OR at sea, but also understands the value of ... social media. WTF? This dumb-as-a-stump attempt at campy comedy horror has its tongue stuck WAY too far into its cheek. Don't even get me started on the terrible, mugging acting or the ultra cheap CGI effects. Even by SyFy's paltry standards, this one sucked.

"Mega Shark vs. Kolossus" (2015)

Now THIS is more like it! Our friends at the Asylum know how to make a disaster epic on a cheese and crackers budget! When a new Megalodon menaces the Earth's oceans the only thing big enough to fight it is Kolossus - a giant, super powered Russian robot left over from a top secret Cold War project. Much blasting, zapping and chomping ensues.

Insurgent - after kind of enjoying the first one quite a bit, I have to say I was looking forward to this one and it basically delivered. It's really not my type of thing; the futuristic special-effect heavy kind of action film. But I diggit. Good harmless entertainment. Only downer was how unattractive the leading lady looked with her hair cut like a dude. Why do people do this? Should be outlawed. I think she was pretty decent in the first one, but she literally just looks like a dude now, and quite frankly, if I'm being honest, her co-star in the film (an actual dude) is a lot better looking than she is. Anyway, I did enjoy the movie. ;)

• My Little Pony

Paul Blart Mall Cop 2

Seventh Son

Get Hard

Looks like a shitty night. ;}

My friend worked on Seventh Son, and warned me not to watch it.

Seventh Son really sucked.

Made it through around 20 minutes and had enough.

Get Hard was OK

I saw Close Encounters.

Beleive it or not I'd never seen the whole movie before.

Held up well with time.

"Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!" (2015)

SyFy's favorite schlocky franchise returns for a third go round. The heroic Fin (Ian Ziering) is receiving the Presidential Medal of Honor for his bravery during the previous two films when Washington D.C. is abruptly wiped out by the most powerful Sharknado yet. Fin then has to make his way to Universal Studios Orlando (product placement, anyone?) to rescue his wife and daughter and then figure out how to stop a massive "Wall of Sharknados" from destroying the entire East Coast. This flick lays the "campy" on thicker than the first two films combined, and packs in even more ridiculous celebrity cameos (Lou Ferrigno! Ann Coulter! Bo Derek! Mark Cuban! Jerry Springer! The kid from "Malcolm in the Middle" whose name I can never remember! George R.R. Martin! Kathie Lee, Hoda and the entire "Today Show" anchor team!). Plus, there's a last minute save from... the Hoff!
You guys know I love this kinda crap, and yes, "3" has its moments of silly fun, but most of the time it feels like it's trying too hard. The concept has obviously run its course, but since this one ends with a totally bullsh*t "cliffhanger" which sets up a "4," I'm sure there will be a new installment same time, next year.

"Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!" (2015)

SyFy's favorite schlocky franchise returns for a third go round. The heroic Fin (Ian Ziering) is receiving the Presidential Medal of Honor for his bravery during the previous two films when Washington D.C. is abruptly wiped out by the most powerful Sharknado yet. Fin then has to make his way to Universal Studios Orlando (product placement, anyone?) to rescue his wife and daughter and then figure out how to stop a massive "Wall of Sharknados" from destroying the entire East Coast. This flick lays the "campy" on thicker than the first two films combined, and packs in even more ridiculous celebrity cameos (Lou Ferrigno! Ann Coulter! Bo Derek! Mark Cuban! Jerry Springer! The kid from "Malcolm in the Middle" whose name I can never remember! George R.R. Martin! Kathie Lee, Hoda and the entire "Today Show" anchor team!). Plus, there's a last minute save from... the Hoff!

You guys know I love this kinda crap, and yes, "3" has its moments of silly fun, but most of the time it feels like it's trying too hard. The concept has obviously run its course, but since this one ends with a totally bullsh*t "cliffhanger" which sets up a "4," I'm sure there will be a new installment same time, next year.

You had me at the still shot on that video clip. I need to see this movie immediately. Funnily enough I just got the first two for my wife, who wants to see them. Now we just need to find time to see them...

You had me at the still shot on that video clip.

Haha, yes, the return of Cassie "Nova" Scerbo (who was the fan favorite in the first "Sharknado" but wasn't in the sequel) was cause for major rejoicing.

since this one ends with a totally bullsh*t "cliffhanger" that sets up a "4," I'm sure there will be a new installment same time, next year.

Well, that was quick. "Sharknado 3" apparently broke the Internet last night with bazillions of people tweeting and Facebook posting about it during its premiere, so SyFy has unsurprisingly already green-lighted a "Sharknado 4" for next July.

They're gonna have to go international for the next one, I think. Sharknados over Europe? Sharknado in Japan? The possibilities are endless! :rofl2:

"Message From Space" (1978)

A group of star pilots from Earth are "chosen" by a mysterious force to defend an alien planet from invaders in this cheap sh*t, utterly random Japanese "Star Wars" knock off . The story is incomprehensible, the special effects and dubbing suck and the late 70s disco-era sets and costumes are painful to the eyes. I felt sorriest for American tough-guy character actor Vic Morrow, who drops in here for a quick paycheck playing some sort of mighty galactic general and ends up spending the last quarter of the film wearing a skin tight silver lame' space uniform with a beret. Oh, Vic, you're soooo butch! :rofl:

As low budget foreign "Star Wars" wanna-be's go, this one makes my personal favorite, Italy's "Star Crash," look like Kubrick's "2001" by comparison. "Message From Space" is worth a look only if you have a severe tolerance for bad-movie pain.

Jurassic Park and Shaun The Sheep with my daughters (my youngest is a bit of a dinosaur fan) :)

X-Men: First Class

Saw Jurassic World on the big screen.
Really enjoyed it, and set for a few more given the $ it's taken.

Tonight I saw Everly again which is a great movie from last year.

Salma Hayek plays action here. Sounds corny but works really well.

• My Little Pony

Shaun The Sheep

I had to look this up, as I kept thinking it was something else.

Does anyone know the name of that animated television series about sheep, and one of the sheep sounds like Mel Brooks? I don't think it is him, but the guy sure sounds like him. I've been trying to figure it out for years. Anyway, this just reminded me of that.

Shaun The Sheep

Does anyone know the name of that animated television series about sheep, and one of the sheep sounds like Mel Brooks? I don't think it is him, but the guy sure sounds like him. I've been trying to figure it out for years. Anyway, this just reminded me of that.

It's times like this you realise how much the children have taken over! Anyway the show is Jakers and Mel Brooks does actually lend his voice:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jakers!_The_Adventures_of_Piggley_Winks

• My Little Pony

Shaun The Sheep

It's times like this you realise how much the children have taken over! Anyway the show is Jakers and Mel Brooks does actually lend his voice:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jakers!_The_Adventures_of_Piggley_Winks

Damn! How old am I that I can't even use the internets anymore. I must have searched through Mel Brooks filmography numerous times, and never saw that. Thanks.

"3 Headed Shark Attack" (2015)

Asylum/SyFy's follow up to "2 Headed Shark Attack" tells you everything you need to know in the title. A mutant triple-headed shark - the byproduct of massive oceanic pollution - chomps on a whole bunch of people at an undersea research station and then goes after a party boat packed with drunken twenty-somethings. Yup, that's it. Not even a late inning appearance by Danny "Machete" Trejo can save this one. At least the original "2 Headed Shark" film had Brooke Hogan in it to provide eye candy. This one is just pointless, plotless ultra violent junk.

"Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox" (2013)

Another cool entry in the "JL" animated film series focusing on the Flash, who trips through the time barrier after a battle with Professor Zoom and winds up in an alternate reality where there's no Superman, Batman is even more dangerous and psycho than usual, and the entire world is threatened by a war between Aquaman's Atlantean kingdom and Wonder Woman's Amazons. Nicely animated as usual with lotsa blasting and zapping.

"Zombie Shark" (2015)

(note: I couldn't add a video like usual because this movie was SO bad that SyFy apparently couldn't even be bothered to put a trailer you YouTube!)

Anyway...

A trio of barrel-boobed Hooters waitress types and their dorky male friend head to a resort island for a weekend of fun, which is rudely interrupted by an escaped government project - a shark with the ability to regenerate itself every time it's been "killed." To make matters worse, any creature - human or shark - that gets bitten by this critter turns into a zombie as well. Yeah, I hate when that happens too.
Aside from "Mega Shark vs. Kolossus," SyFy's "Sharknado Week 2015" offerings have all been pretty dire thus far but "Zombie Shark" may be the bottom of the barrel. I can't say that for sure quite yet, though, because I haven't had time to subject myself to "Sharktopus vs. Whalewolf.". :D