Hey from Texas

J-Cool

• My Little Pony

Welcome to the asylum. 

Fire off your questions, but take note: while we always answer everyone's questions, we rarely give answers folks are looking for. ;}

Also, the majority of members here are heathens, so if you only wanna discuss Christian artists there are likely only a few who will engage, but hopefully you find community here. 

46 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Welcome to the asylum. 

Fire off your questions, but take note: while we always answer everyone's questions, we rarely give answers folks are looking for. ;}

Also, the majority of members here are heathens, so if you only wanna discuss Christian artists there are likely only a few who will engage, but hopefully you find community here. 

Thank you I appreciate it.

• My Little Pony
17 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Enjoy the site. I will say that the Awake CD by Skillet is great !

I've actually never listened to Skillet. Even though I am a Christian, I generally don't give many Christian artists a chance. 

2 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I've actually never listened to Skillet. Even though I am a Christian, I generally don't give many Christian artists a chance. 

Skillet have had three distinct stages. Their debut was a grungy thing with a bit more melody. They then went industrial rock for the next 3 albums, but again with catchier hooks and less harsh sounds. They broke big on their 5th album in a symphonic hard rock style (and positive but not preachy lyrics) and have followed that formula to this day. A fine band but not someone I buy from as I'm not that into the symphonic style of hard music.

Edited by auslander

3 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Heathen bastard. 

I don't specifically hate christian artists, like some board members (above), and I give every decent band a chance. 

1 hour ago, auslander said:

Skillet have had three distinct stages. Their debut was a grungy thing with a bit more melody. They then went industrial rock for the next 3 albums, but again with catchier hooks and less harsh sounds. They broke big on their 5th album in a symphonic hard rock style (and positive but not preachy lyrics) and have followed that formula to this day. A fine band but not someone I buy from as I'm not that into the symphonic style of hard music.

Interesting description, labelling the current sound "symphonic." I wouldn't personally call their current sound symphonic, but I would agree that from 2006 to this day they've more or less recorded the same album over and over again. I appreciate that they're not preachy and all their albums since 2006 are solid... but for me 'Comatose' is the best, followed by 'Awake' and I dare say each album I like a little less than the one before. But they're very solid. 

And the actual point of this post... welcome aboard, J-Cool. KarpetRydOFunk will eat your clothes if you leave them on the clothes rack by the door. 

Edited by Geoff

14 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

They have some great songs that I enjoyed - Legendary, Feel Invincible, Rise, Never Gonna Die are usually the ones that stands out to me. 

• Like 1

Hi and welcome! Greetings all the way from Sweden.