SKID ROW - The Gang's All Here (2022)

AlphaMale

8 hours ago, auslander said:

You can have the best singer in tge world but if the songs suck it makes little difference. But on this Skid Row album the songs are good.

still not Erik HEAT though is it 😉

One of my favorite releases of the year; will it be top 5? Not sure, but it’s definitely a contender. 👍

Here’s Mr Snyder’s take:

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
12 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

One of my favorite releases of the year; will it be top 5? Not sure, but it’s definitely a contender. 👍

Here’s Mr Snyder’s take:

Is anyone here personally friends with this Snyder guy, before I openly criticise him?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Is anyone here personally friends with this Snyder guy, before I openly criticise him?

Nah… 😜

1 hour ago, auslander said:

Tamplin has the credentials to actually give a decent comparison.

Excerpting that Ken Tamplin is an absolute douche and most of what he says is self serving.
Sammy must be very ashamed...

32 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Excerpting that Ken Tamplin is an absolute douche and most of what he says is self serving.

Well I do believe you because if anyone around here is an expert on being a douche...

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

lol, please proceed. 

I like the guy - he's doing what he does and good luck to him. I watched his channel for a little while, but his music tastes are far too eclectic and "our" music makes up less than 50% of what he actually talks about, so I got very bored very quick. We've also come in at the tail end of his purchasing, so he already has everything and most purchases now seem to be compilations or really uninteresting albums (bar the new releases, I guess). 

This also goes for the reaction dude's channel that's been brought up here - both seem like very nice dudes - but I haven't heard a single unfavourable word on either of their channels about the music they listen to. It's very nice, very safe and PC, but it's very hard to stay interested when someone just loves literally every single thing they put their ears to. It becomes very predictable and dare I say, arguably, a little untruthful, very quick.  

Anyway, not sure how that happened... curious to hear your thoughts, though.  

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, Geoff said:

but I haven't heard a single unfavourable word on either of their channels about the music they listen to. It's very nice, very safe and PC, but it's very hard to stay interested when someone just loves literally every single thing they put their ears to.

Well, that was basically it. I quit watching after the latests Def Leppard review. He went on and on about how good it was, didn't he put it pretty close to on par with Pyro and Hysteria? And I was just annoyed. Pretty sure I told my TV to shut the fuck up. 

Everything can't be good. That's kinda the problem with our world right now. We want to be accepting of everything. Well, no, not everything is good, and we shouldn't be glorifying things that aren't good. Stop handing out "Participation" trophies. Did you know students can't fail classes in my country? This mentality pisses me off. Let's not be afraid to call something bad when it is. Now, that Def Leppard album wasn't shit, but it wasn't good either. It was ok.

Anyway, I'll stop before I rant on too long. 

• Like 2

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I don't see this side of him at all. He's confident in his program and his own ability. I can relate to that. Doesn't make you a douche. Unless you use that confidence to bring others down, which I've never seen him do. He seems to want to raise others up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Well, that was basically it. I quit watching after the latests Def Leppard review. He went on and on about how good it was, didn't he put it pretty close to on par with Pyro and Hysteria? And I was just annoyed. Pretty sure I told my TV to shut the fuck up. 

Everything can't be good. That's kinda the problem with our world right now. We want to be accepting of everything. Well, no, not everything is good, and we shouldn't be glorifying things that aren't good. Stop handing out "Participation" trophies. Did you know students can't fail classes in my country? This mentality pisses me off. Let's not be afraid to call something bad when it is. Now, that Def Leppard album wasn't shit, but it wasn't good either. It was ok.

Anyway, I'll stop before I rant on too long. 

It’s all just opinion; I think the Def Lep is pretty damn good myself… for you it was just ok, and that’s cool. Different strokes for different folks and all that… 

With that being said, he has actually dissed a few things here recently; he openly said that he doesn’t care for most of Jeff Scott Soto’s output when he was reviewing Ellefson-Soto, and he also spoke of how he doesn’t care for the Bangalore Choir efforts post “On Target”. He doesn’t have a lot of negative comments usually, and I’d say that’s probably more common with someone who has a WIIIIDEEE range of tastes the way he does.  

Anyway, I watch probably about 50% of the vids he posts, cuz he will occasionally find something that interests me. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, whiplash1972 said:

It’s all just opinion; I think the Def Lep is pretty damn good myself… for you it was just ok, and that’s cool. Different strokes for different folks and all that… 

With that being said, he has actually dissed a few things here recently; he openly said that he doesn’t care for most of Jeff Scott Soto’s output when he was reviewing Ellefson-Soto, and he also spoke of how he doesn’t care for the Bangalore Choir efforts post “On Target”. He doesn’t have a lot of negative comments usually, and I’d say that’s probably more common with someone who has a WIIIIDEEE range of tastes the way he does.  

Anyway, I watch probably about 50% of the vids he posts, cuz he will occasionally find something that interests me. 🤷‍♂️

Was going to say the same thing.  Music is fickle...I liked the new Def Leppard a lot myself ;) Some don't care for the new Skid Row but I freaking love it.  It's the way it goes....Different things click for different people for different reasons. 

I do agree with the sentiment though is that everything can't be good and definitely agree with the whole participation trophy sentiment today lol.  But I'd suppose though that most people only want to generally take the time to post videos and review things that they actually enjoy (or that they thought they might enjoy) so it leads to more positive stuff than negative reactions and can lead to feeling like they think everything is good.

I haven't watched all that many from Snyder but I've watched a bunch of videos from that Iridium.  I'd say probably 8 or 9 times out of 10 he loves whatever he's listening to but he occasionally has some stuff he doesn't care much for.  When he does though, I feel like he usually does a good job saying why or what he was looking/hoping for.  At the end of the day, I guess it's not too much different than written reviews.  I just use it all to try and find some new stuff and after while you figure out reviewer's tastes and how they might align with yours in general.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

This was cool:

Interesting watch.  One thing though....Bach was what, 20-21 years old in most of those videos and Erik is 34 with a lot of his videos being from his first shows in Vegas coming after a 2 year layoff, cancer and never really having performed those songs live before.  Not sure what impact that has but I'd have liked to see him at least finding videos of Bach around 35 years of age doing those songs in his solo shows in instead of using footage from the late 80s/early 90's when him and the band were smack in their prime and full of energy.

And it says nothing about how much of a tool Bach was/is and that his ego was/is the size of Texas lol. 

But sill interesting comparison.  Bach was good and the dude had pipes, no question.  But Erik's pretty darn good too IMO B) 

5 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Interesting watch.  One thing though....Bach was what, 20-21 years old in most of those videos and Erik is 34 with a lot of his videos being from his first shows in Vegas coming after a 2 year layoff, cancer and never really having performed those songs live before.  Not sure what impact that has but I'd have liked to see him at least finding videos of Bach around 35 years of age doing those songs in his solo shows in instead of using footage from the late 80s/early 90's when him and the band were smack in their prime and full of energy.

And it says nothing about how much of a tool Bach was/is and that his ego was/is the size of Texas lol. 

But sill interesting comparison.  Bach was good and the dude had pipes, no question.  But Erik's pretty darn good too IMO B) 

You always mention Baz as being a twat but it has been clearly shown over the years, the rest of the band were twats too.

Edited by AlphaMale
  • Like 1

• My Little Pony
29 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

But that's the thing about Ken Tamplin; he doesn't bother spending time highlighting people's faults--surely we all have them. He focuses on their strengths, especially in their singing. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

You always mention Baz as being a twat but it has been clearly shown over the years, the rest of the band were twats too.

Might be true...

But, it seems to me that Snake and Bolan have matured over the years.  I mean, I've seen plenty of recent interviews and they're giving all the praise for the new album to their producer and to Erik and both guys have sounded very humble.  I'll admit, it kind of surprises me as my perception over the years was that they all were toxic personalities.  And they all very well might have been, I don't know.  I'm just going on what I've seen recently with those guys as I honestly didn't pay much attention to the past 25 years as there was nothing much to pay attention to.

That said though, I've seen some fairly recent stuff with Bach and he still seems like a twat who thinks he's still a rockstar king when he's done nothing of significance for the past 25 years....unless acting on Gilmore Girls counts lol.

At the end of the day, none of the outside stuff matters to me as I don't know any of these guys.  Bach might be the nicest guy in the world for all I really know.  All I know is I'm enjoying the new album and thought they kicked ass live when I saw them last month :headbanger:

So auditioning and rehearsing with Tony Harnell behind Johnny Solinger's back and then firing him was not being twats?

Then they fired ZP Theart after they sent music to Erik behind ZP's back, ditched ZP a few days after a show, and named Erik the singer. These guys are very douchey.

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

So auditioning and rehearsing with Tony Harnell behind Johnny Solinger's back and then firing him was not being twats?

Then they fired ZP Theart after they sent music to Erik behind ZP's back, ditched ZP a few days after a show, and named Erik the singer. These guys are very douchey.

You might be right.....

But at the same time, this band kept basically going unnoticed with those guys.  My guess is these guys want to try and recapture that past glory and prove they can be something without Bach.  And it was never happening with any of the previous singers they've had and they knew it.  Heck, Johnny was there 15 years so wasn't like they didn't try with him.

And listening to this new album, it's easy to hear why ZP wouldn't work.  His voice just wouldn't sell this material the way Erik's is.

I guess time will tell.  If they do one or two albums with Erik and move on again, well...then....I'll be lining right up with you and calling these guys every name in the book B)

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 7:44 PM, auslander said:

Well I do believe you because if anyone around here is an expert on being a douche...

On 10/21/2022 at 12:51 AM, CureTheSane said:

Well, lookie who's ball dropped... 

Looks like thge ball dropping was short lived.
If you've got something to say, just say it.
No need to run around 'can't we all play nice' and then release your little bit of pentr up agression weeks later.

4 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Looks like thge ball dropping was short lived.
If you've got something to say, just say it.
No need to run around 'can't we all play nice' and then release your little bit of pentr up agression weeks later.

Not sure what you are going on about. But the little joke about you being an expert in douchery seems to have really got your knickers in a knot.

• Haha 1