R.I.P. Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins

whiplash1972

Taylor Hawkins

Foo Fighters Drummer Taylor Hawkins Dead at 50: 'His Musical Spirit Will Live On'

"The Foo Fighters family is devastated by the tragic and untimely loss of our beloved Taylor Hawkins," the band wrote in a statement on Friday

Taylor Hawkins, the drummer of legendary rock band Foo Fighters, has died. He was 50.

The group confirmed the loss in a statement shared on their official Twitter account on Friday.

"The Foo Fighters family is devastated by the tragic and untimely loss of our beloved Taylor Hawkins," the message read. "His musical spirit and infectious laughter will live on with all of us forever."

It continued, "Our hearts go out to his wife, children and family, and we ask that their privacy be treated with the utmost respect in this unimaginably difficult time." 

His cause of death has not been revealed.

• My Little Pony

Wow. That's shit news. I was never a big fan of the Foo Fighters, but have a lot of respect for them. This is a pretty big loss for the industry. 

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, martinsane said:

I hate to say it but the cause seems like it may be nefarious. 

To not give us the cause def seems it may have been nefarious. Weren't they in the middle of a tour, or had just finished one?

Colombia's Prosecutor's Office released a statement Saturday saying toxicological tests on urine from Hawkins's body preliminarily found 10 psychoactive substances and medicines, including marijuana, opioids, tricyclic antidepressants and benzodiazepines. It did not provide a cause of death and investigations are continuing.

He has spoken of his drug issues in the past. I believe he also had overdosed a while back. Sad that it eventually got him. I feel most sorry for his family who must be devastated.

• My Little Pony

Reading some comments on Reddit: a few people are saying, apart from the cannabis, everything else found in his system is part of their daily prescription. So I'm interested in the amounts consumed, and maybe if alcohol contributed.