AOR Heaven calling it a day....

Stefan

...at the end of 2022.

Sad news. One of my place-to-go when bying music.

From AOR Heaven's newsletter:

As this is the final newsletter in 2021 I also want to inform you that me and my wife has decided that we’ll retire in two steps. We’ll stop releasing new albums on our label already now (and just do one more re-issue (Hit The Ground Runnin’ “Sudden Impact” due January the 14th as a double CD) as the final release. This will be a limited run of 500 units through our mailorder only.

End of next year (2022) we’ll fully retire incl. our mailorder  and concentrating on my tennis career – that’s the plan my friends !

Another one bites the dust. I guess the pandemic wasn't to blame for this decision but nevertheless one of Europe's finest mailorder/record label about to close down. I've been using AOR Heaven for years, I can't even remember when I placed my first order. Ages ago.

They will surely be missed. :(

Edited by Stefan

Posted this over on another thread but I guess it would be better here...

Yeah that's sad news,after all of these years,gonna miss Georg & Monika and the quality service they provide not just as a seller but also as a label,been buying from them a long long time.

I wish them nothing but happiness and peace,after all of these years they get to take it easy and relax

...just a pity that no-one could've continued on the AOR heaven site/label/tradition.

As with you Stefan I don't even remember when I made my first order...it was a long long time ago

Yeah, sad news for sure. I'm curious about Georg's age and prospect in the world of tennis. How interesting. 

Anyway, sadly, like many others, I'm probably part of the problem as I stopped buying CDs a few years ago. But when I was still buying, this was my go-to, and I think every single new release in the genre was probably from this site for well over a decade. Nothing but excellent service every single time and I don't have a bad word to say about them from the many years of service these guys provided me. Wishing them all the best post-AOR Heaven. 

A real shame, I'm still buying CDs, just ordered 10 from Japan last week. Used AORHeaven all the time. Hope he can sell the business and get something for it but physical music market looks to be dead. Who's buying all the LP reissues and releases I'm seeing everywhere at crazy prices ?

• 11 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I see AOR Heaven has officially closed up shop. Georg & Monika are retired. The only thing left on their site is a message thanking people for the support over the years. I wish them all the best and they will be missed.

I’m not sure what they did with all of their stock. I was wondering if they were going to have a big sale to help liquidate it before they retired but I guess not. 

AOR Heaven Newsletter Farewell

Edited by headbanger4life
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 2:11 PM, headbanger4life said:

I see AOR Heaven has officially closed up shop. Georg & Monika are retired. The only thing left on their site is a message thanking people for the support over the years. I wish them all the best and they will be missed.

I’m not sure what they did with all of their stock. I was wondering if they were going to have a big sale to help liquidate it before they retired but I guess not. 

AOR Heaven Newsletter Farewell

Pride & Joy Music taking over the business.

From Birgitt Schwanke/Pride & Joy Music:

Today is a day to pause and think back to 24 years of close collaborations with Georg Siegl and his wife Monika from AOR Heaven who are taking their well-deserved retirement from tomorrow.

Georg was one of my very first contacts to the scene when I started my first online magazine in 1998 and soon after became a writer for AOR Heaven’s mailorder catalog.

A close collaboration from the year 2000 with Rock It! magazine, which I was the chief editor of way back then, followed, and I got my first PR ever job in 2002 when Georg founded the label AOR Heaven in addition to the mailorder. For the next 20 years to come, I oversaw the PR work for every label release until the label went out of business last year and we became close friends. From all of our business partners I have met through 2,5 decades, Georg stands out with a 100% professional attitude, with integrity, for ethical values and for being someone who you always could rely on.

In the past 20+ years we have experienced a lot together that will never be forgotten. From the joint trips to the legendary Firefests in England, to the jointly organized festivals United Forces Of Rock and Georg and Moni’s legendary birthday parties (50th & 60th anniversaries) – it always was a big celebration for us

Most AOR Heaven bands now already also have joined our Pride & Joy Music label roster. Tomorrow, the activity of the AOR Heaven mailorder will end as well and Georg and Moni will fully retire.

That is, almost….I’m very grateful that Georg has chosen us, Pride & Joy Music, to continue with his legacy and to be able to offer his mailorder services now to customers of our store at shop.prideandjoy.de and him to be a member of our team in the beginning to help us to set-up this new, truly exciting part of our business!

Thanks for everything, Georg & Moni!

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Georg & Monika...absolute legends and will be sorely missed...had been buying from them for 25 years at least...the only shop I could find them hard to get where I live US,European & Japan releases...I wish them all the best in their retirement :drink:.

I hope that Pride & Joy can continue with the legacy they built , we'll see come the New Year  :)

Edited by lettard

Just posted over in the AOR/Hard Rock forum that Pride & Joy are reissuing the debut album from 2006 by Miss Behaviour.

From memory the last two albums by them were on AOR Heaven, so hopefully this means that they will continue to work with bands that were signed to the label.

On 12/21/2022 at 4:18 PM, Stefan said:

From Birgitt Schwanke/Pride & Joy Music:

Most AOR Heaven bands now already also have joined our Pride & Joy Music label roster. Tomorrow, the activity of the AOR Heaven mailorder will end as well and Georg and Moni will fully retire.

That is, almost….I’m very grateful that Georg has chosen us, Pride & Joy Music, to continue with his legacy and to be able to offer his mailorder services now to customers of our store at shop.prideandjoy.de and him to be a member of our team in the beginning to help us to set-up this new, truly exciting part of our business!

Thanks for everything, Georg & Moni!

22 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Just posted over in the AOR/Hard Rock forum that Pride & Joy are reissuing the debut album from 2006 by Miss Behaviour.

From memory the last two albums by them were on AOR Heaven, so hopefully this means that they will continue to work with bands that were signed to the label.

Need glasses?!

B)

Edited by Stefan

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 11:47 AM, Stefan said:

...at the end of 2022.

As this is the final newsletter in 2021 I also want to inform you that me and my wife has decided that we’ll retire in two steps. We’ll stop releasing new albums on our label already now (and just do one more re-issue (Hit The Ground Runnin’ “Sudden Impact” due January the 14th as a double CD) as the final release. This will be a limited run of 500 units through our mailorder only.

End of next year (2022) we’ll fully retire incl. our mailorder  and concentrating on my tennis career – that’s the plan my friends !

Another one bites the dust. I guess the pandemic wasn't to blame for this decision but nevertheless one of Europe's finest mailorder/record label about to close down. I've been using AOR Heaven for years, I can't even remember when I placed my first order. Ages ago.

I'm sorry but AOR HEAVEN  sucks  they always sucked  and nothing is gonna change with  Pride & Joy 
Did always did a super limited  quantity of copies  pooping literally in the rest of the world. I'm talking about of 400 or 500. never more They never reprinted anything because did didn't care the customer or the bands involved.  Bands like White Widdow are virtually of the scene because of AOR HEAVEN
George Siegl is  one the most arrogant,  pedant  and stubborn person I ever met. 
Trust me theres nothing to thank about. 

1 hour ago, DanielHardrock said:

Did always did a super limited  quantity of copies  pooping literally in the rest of the world. I'm talking about of 400 or 500. 

Limited copies? Like Escape Music? MelodicRock Classics?

To name a few. I guess they all suck...;)

As a customer, I never had an issue with AOR Heaven.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DanielHardrock said:

I'm sorry but AOR HEAVEN  sucks  they always sucked  and nothing is gonna change with  Pride & Joy 
Did always did a super limited  quantity of copies  pooping literally in the rest of the world. I'm talking about of 400 or 500. never more They never reprinted anything because did didn't care the customer or the bands involved.  Bands like White Widdow are virtually of the scene because of AOR HEAVEN
George Siegl is  one the most arrogant,  pedant  and stubborn person I ever met. 
Trust me theres nothing to thank about. 

That's a good point about White Widdow. They are an Aussie band but I can't get any of their albums because of AOR Heaven having the worst distribution on the planet. 

10 hours ago, auslander said:

That's a good point about White Widdow. They are an Aussie band but I can't get any of their albums because of AOR Heaven having the worst distribution on the planet. 

The shop I help out or annoy at has got some titles of White Widdow, Jules was a regular customer., they called Radical Records which is based in Dandenong. If you lucky you would able buy the Wicked Smile, Catalona and Frozen Tears' CDS as well.

We, did have a meet and greeted for ten minutes, Darkstone.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Doggy said:

Yep,

We haven't had any jobs out that way for a while, but as soon as we do I'll be popping in again to say hello.

4 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Yep,

We haven't had any jobs out that way for a while, but as soon as we do I'll be popping in again to say hello.

We now closed on Mondays and Tuesdays

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2021 at 11:47 AM, Stefan said:

...at the end of 2022.

Hi 
Nothing personal but 
Nobody gonna miss them or they horrendous label.  You can't get almost nothing from that label.
I can bet you some albums they didnt even 500 copies. BTW I never knew some more pedant insensible and fake guy like George Sigl. He never cared the customers or the musicians involved. In fact  many bands got defunct after sign with him.
bye bye AOR Liar. AOR  cheap 

On 1/11/2023 at 7:36 PM, Doggy said:

The shop I help out or annoy at has got some titles of White Widdow, Jules was a regular customer., they called Radical Records which is based in Dandenong. If you lucky you would able buy the Wicked Smile, Catalona and Frozen Tears' CDS as well.

White widdow is not the only case 
Try to find something of Newman (Newman Sound), Midnite city, Artic Rain, Miss Behaviour, Steel Freeze, Fortune, Roxus, Greg Rolie,  Frontline, Jeff Cannata, bricklin and many more.  All victims of AOR HEAVEN. And of course so do we. 
Artic Rain is not so old to be "Worldwide" out of the stock. 
Frontline - Heroes supposedly was reissued by the AOR HEAVEN in 2018.
I wanted to buy one in December of 2018. The response was "No Stock" 

The saddest of this matter is that Pride and Joy Music  neither will not take over of the remnants for distribution nor will ever try to re stock something. Nothing. Zero.  Maybe we have to waite another 20 years till the end of legal rights for a decent record label take over the old catalog of AOR HEAVEN
Sad but true. Cheers

Edited by DanielHardrock

7 hours ago, DanielHardrock said:

White widdow is not the only case 
Try to find something of Newman (Newman Sound), Midnite city, Artic Rain, Miss Behaviour, Steel Freeze, Fortune, Roxus, Greg Rolie,  Frontline, Jeff Cannata, bricklin and many more.  All victims of AOR HEAVEN. And of course so do we. 
Artic Rain is not so old to be "Worldwide" out of the stock. 

Maybe I'm missing something, and I can't speak to much about the issue, but wouldn't any problem with Arctic Rain be an issue with Frontiers, not AOR Heaven?