new Guns N' Roses song "Absurd"

AlphaMale

Apparently this was a leftover from Chinese Democracy. Originally called Silkworms.

Slash's guitar work is the only redeemable quality. The rest is just trash.

Edited by AlphaMale
adding info

Is it just me or is G 'n R a bit overrated? Their debut I get and some of Illusion I and II, but beyond that have they really put out much that is superior?? Hmm.....

Personally, I've come to like Slash with Myles Kennedy better.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Doug said:

Is it just me or is G 'n R a bit overrated? Their debut I get and some of Illusion I and II, but beyond that have they really put out much that is superior?? Hmm.....

Personally, I've come to like Slash with Myles Kennedy better.  

Definitely overrated 

Slash has still got it pulling out a riff like that and some tasty lead work. That main riff is really catchy. Hopefully they work on some new stuff and not recycling rubbish like this. 

• Like 1

Is that Axl Rose? Serious question. I can't believe any of them would have been willing to record this. :(

• Haha 1

I would call it complete shit, but shit actually has some good uses

• Haha 1

Yeah, pretty average song. I don't hate it, I wouldn't skip it, but if it was on an album, it wouldn't be a keeper.

As much as Axl made himself out to be some kind of perfectionist genius,  he really never delivered the goods after UYI I&II
In the meantime the rest of the band went out and made some decent and great music.

He will be remembered as someone who had a nice little period of time where he contributed to some great music, and then faded away.

• 1 month later...

New (Old) GNR tune.  Light years better than the terrible Absurd IMO.  Not saying it's fantastic by any means but I like this one decent enough.  I know this was an older tune though and not sure if it's old vocals or what.  Axl sounds really good so not sure he could still hit these notes.  

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Not great, but interesting. What sort of era do we think that's from? 

It’s gone from a working title of Checkmate to Jackie Chan to now Hard Skool. I believe it’s from early 2000s and was one of the tracks Buckethead co-wrote. 

I like it - Axl sounds great on the chorus. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Just added their new Hard Skool EP over on the main site: Guns N' Roses - Hard Skool CD. Heavy Harmonies Discography

It's available exclusively from their webshop at: Guns N' Roses Official Store (gnrmerch.com)

Some interesting stuff available; I almost pulled the trigger and got the cassette, but damn, 3X as much as the CD. :blink:

image.png