I Like Beer!

Blue Charvel

All you really need is:

coolcolt1.jpg

Ohhhh MAN, do they still make that stuff? I tried that sh*t years ago when it first came out cuz I wanted the can for my beer can collection... it was FOUL!!!! :thppt:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All you really need is:

coolcolt1.jpg

Ohhhh MAN, do they still make that stuff? I tried that sh*t years ago when it first came out cuz I wanted the can for my beer can collection... it was FOUL!!!! :thppt:

But... it's minty fresh, how can it be wrong? :blink:

All you really need is:

coolcolt1.jpg

I used to get that stuff in 40 ounce bottles.

All you really need is:

coolcolt1.jpg

Maybe that was the problem, I actually DRANK it... maybe it's meant to be tasted and then spit out, like mouthwash...

I used to get THIS stuff in 40 ounce bottles:

chml3.gif

You wanna talk about a fast train to Drunksville? One of these was the equivalent of a six pack! :blink:

Arrrghhh...I keep hearing about this Sam Adams and it was everywhere when I was in Florida this year but I never tried it!!!!! CRAP !!!! I gotta find some over here!!!!!

I don't know what's going to happen this weekend, but whatever the case I am going to abuse myself with over-consumption of beer... that's a promise to myself.

I shall have a bottle of wine on Saturday night and relax watching more Mighty Boosh....I'm really into red wine these days.....surely a sign of getting old!

Either that or we're off bat watching up at Hollingworth Lake (as if we haven't enough already flying around the garden at twilight)...in which case me chugging on beer or wine may seem inappropriate!

All of the beer lovers on the board should tip one tonight in tribute to "The Beer Hunter"... R.I.P. :beerbang:

Beer critic Michael Jackson dies

By THOMAS WAGNER, Associated Press Writer

Fri Aug 31, 10:00 AM ET

LONDON - Michael Jackson, a leading world beer critic who praised the brews of Belgium and acknowledged he would never be as famous as "that Michael Jackson," has died. He was 65.

Jackson, known as "the beer hunter," died Thursday of a heart attack at his home in west London. His body was found by his house cleaner, Paddy Gunningham, his long-term partner, said Friday.

She said he had kept writing and traveling, despite suffering from Parkinson's disease, and that he planned to write a book about the ailment.

"He was simply the best beer writer we've ever known," said Tim Hampson, chairman of the British Guild of Beer Writers. "He told wonderful stories about beer, breweries and far away places. He told the story of beer through people, and he was humorous and erudite at the same time," Hampson told The Associated Press.

Jackson especially loved Belgian brews. His books "The Great Beers of Belgium" and "World Guide to Beer" introduced them to many export markets, including the United States.

By identifying beers by their flavors and styles, and by pairing them with particular foods and dishes, Jackson helped give birth to a renaissance of interest in beer and breweries worldwide that began in the 1970s, including the North American microbrewery movement.

His TV documentary series, "The Beer Hunter" - which popularized his nickname - was filmed around the world and shown in 15 countries.

He worked as a beer critic for more than 30 years, writing in newspapers and gastronomic magazines, holding seminars and giving speeches, appearing on U.S. talk shows and writing books about beer and whiskeys published in 18 languages.

Jackson knew he would never be as famous as Michael Jackson the rock star, and that was reflected on the beer critic's Web site. "Hello, my name is Michael Jackson. No, not that Michael Jackson, but I am on a world tour. My tour is in pursuit of exceptional beer. That's why they call me the Beer Hunter," it says.

chml3.gif

You wanna talk about a fast train to Drunksville? One of these was the equivalent of a six pack! :blink:

OH yea gotta LOVE Da Crazy Horse!!!!!

Good and Cheap, Man We got hammered drinking that back in College..... :lol:

chml3.gif

OH yea gotta LOVE Da Crazy Horse!!!!!

Good and Cheap, Man We got hammered drinking that back in College..... :lol:

Those were the good ole days...when we could pool together our pocket change and have enough to get drunk on ghetto brew, eh?? :tumbsup:

All of the beer lovers on the board should tip one tonight in tribute to "The Beer Hunter"... R.I.P. :beerbang:

Beer critic Michael Jackson dies

By THOMAS WAGNER, Associated Press Writer

Fri Aug 31, 10:00 AM ET

LONDON - Michael Jackson, a leading world beer critic who praised the brews of Belgium and acknowledged he would never be as famous as "that Michael Jackson," has died. He was 65.

Jackson, known as "the beer hunter," died Thursday of a heart attack at his home in west London. His body was found by his house cleaner, Paddy Gunningham, his long-term partner, said Friday.

She said he had kept writing and traveling, despite suffering from Parkinson's disease, and that he planned to write a book about the ailment.

"He was simply the best beer writer we've ever known," said Tim Hampson, chairman of the British Guild of Beer Writers. "He told wonderful stories about beer, breweries and far away places. He told the story of beer through people, and he was humorous and erudite at the same time," Hampson told The Associated Press.

Jackson especially loved Belgian brews. His books "The Great Beers of Belgium" and "World Guide to Beer" introduced them to many export markets, including the United States.

By identifying beers by their flavors and styles, and by pairing them with particular foods and dishes, Jackson helped give birth to a renaissance of interest in beer and breweries worldwide that began in the 1970s, including the North American microbrewery movement.

His TV documentary series, "The Beer Hunter" - which popularized his nickname - was filmed around the world and shown in 15 countries.

He worked as a beer critic for more than 30 years, writing in newspapers and gastronomic magazines, holding seminars and giving speeches, appearing on U.S. talk shows and writing books about beer and whiskeys published in 18 languages.

Jackson knew he would never be as famous as Michael Jackson the rock star, and that was reflected on the beer critic's Web site. "Hello, my name is Michael Jackson. No, not that Michael Jackson, but I am on a world tour. My tour is in pursuit of exceptional beer. That's why they call me the Beer Hunter," it says.

Didn't he invent the Moon walk?? :dance::beerbang:

I just got back from the liquor store and picked up some Sam Adams Boston Lager and some Goose Island Honkers Ale.

Lucky you!! I drank my last beer the other night and have no $$ to buy more at the moment :crying:

I just got back from the liquor store and picked up some Sam Adams Boston Lager and some Goose Island Honkers Ale.

Lucky you!! I drank my last beer the other night and have no $$ to buy more at the moment :crying:

I can email you one. :whistle:

Can I open a beer with AlphaZIP or do I have to use WinRAR? :)

Can I open a beer with AlphaZIP or do I have to use WinRAR? :)

Use the new Buzzipp... you can download it at any bar...emails fast and doesn't drop a bit of beer.... :drink: ..use only as directed...

I was going to stop and grab a twelve pack on the way home from work yesterday since I was out after last weekend but forgot. Then, when I opened up the downstairs fridge last night to grab a soda, low and behold there was an 18 pack sitting there right before my eyes! It was an amazing sight indeed! Beer_mug_2.gif

I was going to stop and grab a twelve pack on the way home from work yesterday since I was out after last weekend but forgot. Then, when I opened up the downstairs fridge last night to grab a soda, low and behold there was an 18 pack sitting there right before my eyes! It was an amazing sight indeed! Beer_mug_2.gif

Ok, what's Yer secret?? I just went to My fridge for a soda, and.. NO BEER was there!!! Man I was hoping too..... :beerbang:

Ok, what's Yer secret?? I just went to My fridge for a soda, and.. NO BEER was there!!! Man I was hoping too..... :beerbang:

I have no idea. But I've always liked that fridge. When my wife wanted to sell it I told her no way, I'm keeping it, and moved it downstairs. Maybe it's just returning the love. :lol: