Corona

simo

• 2023 Gold Donors
19 hours ago, Geoff said:

My wife had the news on this afternoon and I saw this mind numbing horseshit panic-splashed across the headlines. I thought wow, this sounds alarming. But I heard B.1.1.530 is going to hit even harder. To be honest, though, they called it something else on Aussie news, though - Cock Makers variant, or something like that. I seriously can't remember, but they actually had a name for it rather than this morse code version of it. 

Anyway, 95% vaccinated in NSW and we still have to walk around like moron beatshit brains with our face masks on - mandatory - in all indoor settings. Mask rules weren't even this harsh for the majority of the pre-vaccine pandemic. Fuck me I love this cuntry. 

ee97d902a8d07178322dbbc194503daf.jpg.0fa469ba66d99f8425938fc1c8b26906.jpg

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

There will be new variants every few months for the foreseeable future since we are unable to eradicate the virus and some of them will be worse than others

This is what I was saying today - there's already been a handful in the last few months - didn't a handful of people get in a panic about the Cuban one? Was it Cuba? Who knows, who cares? The most blatantly obvious effect covid has had on people is that it's turned them into panic-stricken fucking morons. Is this how the rest of our lives look? We jump at every single shadow now that ever emerges from the dark? It's an absolutely pathetic way to "live." 

Remember when a couple of years ago the world revolved around inspirational sayings like, "Don't let what can go wrong hold you back. Focus on what can go right." They used to word it a lot better than that, but the idea is the same. But the world's the opposite now. Flipped on it's head. A couple of cases of something we're all vaccinated against pop up somewhere and everyone spirals into a panic again? Even though the overwhelming odds are that this will be absolutely nothing again, first port of call is just full blown panic again? What a fucking world, ay. 

And this is one of my greatest concerns about the whole stupid fucking thing. In NSW we are 95% vaccinated but every single case that is detected is treated as if we're in March 2020. Even with a 95% vaccination rate, how the virus is viewed and feared has not changed a single percent, in the government and media, since March 2020. And I think this is a problem. We're all vaccinated against it so why isn't it let go, like a flu or whatever else people are vaccinated against, so we can build some kind of resistance to it? Get this herd immunity thing under way? If we're not doing it now, what's the point of any of it? This is the preference, to live in stupid fear for the rest of our lives? 

I don't know. I don't know anything about anything, but if we're all vaccinated and we just let the covid thing spread anywhere and everywhere, doesn't that just lessen the effect of any new strains and all this melodrama? But if we keep jumping at every single case like it's terminal cancer, how the fuck do we ever try to move on towards a life worth living?   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Geoff said:

This is what I was saying today - there's already been a handful in the last few months - didn't a handful of people get in a panic about the Cuban one? Was it Cuba? Who knows, who cares? The most blatantly obvious effect covid has had on people is that it's turned them into panic-stricken fucking morons. Is this how the rest of our lives look? We jump at every single shadow now that ever emerges from the dark? It's an absolutely pathetic way to "live." 

Remember when a couple of years ago the world revolved around inspirational sayings like, "Don't let what can go wrong hold you back. Focus on what can go right." They used to word it a lot better than that, but the idea is the same. But the world's the opposite now. Flipped on it's head. A couple of cases of something we're all vaccinated against pop up somewhere and everyone spirals into a panic again? Even though the overwhelming odds are that this will be absolutely nothing again, first port of call is just full blown panic again? What a fucking world, ay. 

And this is one of my greatest concerns about the whole stupid fucking thing. In NSW we are 95% vaccinated but every single case that is detected is treated as if we're in March 2020. Even with a 95% vaccination rate, how the virus is viewed and feared has not changed a single percent, in the government and media, since March 2020. And I think this is a problem. We're all vaccinated against it so why isn't it let go, like a flu or whatever else people are vaccinated against, so we can build some kind of resistance to it? Get this herd immunity thing under way? If we're not doing it now, what's the point of any of it? This is the preference, to live in stupid fear for the rest of our lives? 

I don't know. I don't know anything about anything, but if we're all vaccinated and we just let the covid thing spread anywhere and everywhere, doesn't that just lessen the effect of any new strains and all this melodrama? But if we keep jumping at every single case like it's terminal cancer, how the fuck do we ever try to move on towards a life worth living?   

Lambda, Mu and now Omicron are all "supposedly" resistant to the vaccines and highly transmissible. 

But I agree, enough is enough. 

22 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Lambda, Mu and now Omicron are all "supposedly" resistant to the vaccines and highly transmissible. 

I bet they're probably supposed to be resistant to the first two shots, but amazingly, just as they need the panic to return to get people to take the booster shot, I have a feeling that the booster shot will save the day? So everyone, go out and get your soon-to-be mandatory booster, because if you don't, this week's variant will kill you immediately. 

And please feel free to quote me at the time, that some urgently lethal new strain will pop up just as numbers for the fourth booster shot begin to drop too. 

22 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

I'm not normally one for conspiracy, but I have been wondering what the motivation has been for the elites to continue this control of the population. It seems that since covid started there has been a massive redistribution of wealth - from the middle and working class to the 1% (of which the media and politicians are part). It's all about the $. Covid has been amazing for boosting the elites already astronomical wealth at the expense of the rest of us. We are the new serfs.

Local news here still gives the daily tally of new cases, number of deaths, number in the ICU, and the percentage of positive tests. Now they've recently added children under 12. Among the top stories every single day. I'm so sick of it I don't even watch the news anymore.

Propaganda machines.

Edited by AlphaMale

I had a couple of videos recommended on youtube today so I looked at them. One was an interview with the doctor in South Africa who "discovered" and diagnosed the new variant, and she spent the entire interview saying how mild it was, and that the patients hadn't even actually shown any symptoms with the variant. The other video I watched was a mainstream, panic-endorsed media interview with two "top doctors" who both said that if this variant is as mild as suggested it is actually better to let it spread and become the dominant strain of covid. 

The problem is, that around these two things, as soon as the hosts/reporters start talking, they're back in full panic mode, asking if borders should be shut, countries locked and doing their best and hardest to make sure that panic and hysteria is returned as soon as humanly possible. 

So I want to know when a law can be passed where people in public positions that spread panic can be shot on the spot. That's my ideal wish, but in the real world of 2021, when are these panic merchants going to be stood down from their positions? It seems like this new variant is absolutely nothing at all that anyone anywhere should be worried about, and if you believe the "top doctors," spreading it should be embraced. So how does this whole panic hysteria storm get whipped up in the space of a few days? And why aren't people being held accountable for whipping up this madness and stopping actual life from ever continuing again?  

For anyone interested, the two clips I saw were these-

• 2023 Gold Donors

I think generally that this new "threat" is being taken with a grain of salt. I'd like to think so anyway.

Regardless, by the time we all say ENOUGH, the new powers put in place by ALL Governments and new "digital ID's" and tracking apps will be well established. 

Well played, the powers that be, well played. 

45 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

I think generally that this new "threat" is being taken with a grain of salt. I'd like to think so anyway.

Regardless, by the time we all say ENOUGH, the new powers put in place by ALL Governments and new "digital ID's" and tracking apps will be well established. 

Yeah, I mean that's a fair call.
This is what people originally were concerned about and it's gradually happened and not many people have really noticed or cared.
Tracking everyone everywhere they go. (if you scan in ;) )

• Like 1

Everyone I have spoken to from cities are shitting themselves over this Omricon variant. I say to them "don't you want things to go back to normal?". But they really don't. They are loving living in a police state. I have spoken to a number of ex-prisoners as well who have similar thoughts about jail. I think a lot of people are wired to like having freedom and choice taken away from them. They enjoy having fewer options. It is bizarre to me.

4 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I'd like to think so too, but I don't think it is. But I am always weary of what's being reported in Australian media. Are we just seeing everything from the hysterical, moronic and blown out of proportion version that the Aussie media feeds us? Or are there actually things happening outside of this country that are as hysterically panic driven as they are here? From the few other things I've heard, globally, it does seem that this variant has earned it's own little slice of worldwide panic, so I guess we'll see. This Panic First, Ask Questions Later mentality that the world has adopted is honestly an (even further) embarrassment to humanity. If I didn't have children I would confess that the time has certainly well and truly come for the human race to be nuked and made extinct.

I ponder how much I hated humans in 2019. It took 40 years to build up that level of hatred. I am not even kidding to say that those 40 years of built up hatred has probably doubled, if not tripled or even quadrupled in the space of the two years since. What I think of what has become of the human race in the space of two years has no words left to describe it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darkstone said:

They already watch us and track us everywhere through cell phones, credit cards, smart watches, Alexa type units , internet browsers, email, twitter etc... so why would they need to do more.....I doubt they can keep up with the flow of information that they have now let alone add to it....

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

They already watch us and track us everywhere through cell phones, credit cards, smart watches, Alexa type units , internet browsers, email, twitter etc... so why would they need to do more.....I doubt they can keep up with the flow of information that they have now let alone add to it....

Yeah, I guess you're right. I think it's more to do with control and the new powers legislated. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

Gotta love the irresponsible national / global media."The new normal" for these idiots is the endless,fear mongering ritual abuse of the populace where any news on the "virus".."variants"..etc brings another flogging with the covid stick.Anyone who dares to question the over-reaching actions by government,"the science" or the asinine-repetitive-exploitive newsroom press propaganda are labeled a "conspiracy theorist"..or misinformation spreader...we've seen it all before -  try it on someone else.

This is currently the best independent media commentator on the internet. He comes from the Left, but old-school classical liberal and not the new devisive identity politics. Here he is discussing the shit going down in Australia.

26 minutes ago, Metal T said:

Gotta love the irresponsible national / global media."The new normal" for these idiots is the endless,fear mongering ritual abuse of the populace where any news on the "virus".."variants"..etc brings another flogging with the covid stick.Anyone who dares to question the over-reaching actions by government,"the science" or the asinine-repetitive-exploitive newsroom press propaganda are labeled a "conspiracy theorist"..or misinformation spreader...we've seen it all before -  try it on someone else.

Did you hear the fabled "roadmap to reopening the borders" has now been halted/delayed due the new (horrified screaming) variants? It's so predictable and the media machine are backing the states the whole way. More people at home, more people watching TV, more people buying shit from billionaires, more money for advertising, more wages for journalists , more votes for the government, more laws to control the populace. Win win win for elites.

32 minutes ago, auslander said:

This is currently the best independent media commentator on the internet. He comes from the Left, but old-school classical liberal and not the new devisive identity politics. Here he is discussing the shit going down in Australia.

Agreed. I subbed to Russell Brand starting about 2 months ago. Yes, he's on the Left, but VERY even-handed IMO.

• Like 1

As if we need something else to worry about but with overpopulation and a rapidly changing world due to climate issues.....

In 2009, a patient in Japan developed a new fungal infection on their ear. The highly transmissible Candida auris fungus had been previously unknown to science (and resistant to the drugs available to treat it), but within a few years, cases started emerging in Venezuela, Iran, Russia, and South Africa.

Scientists assumed that the spread was due to human travel, but when they sequenced the cases, they were surprised to find that these strains weren't closely related at all. Instead, scientists were seeing multiple, independent infections of an unknown fungal disease, emerging around the world, all at the same time. About a third of people infected with Candida auris die from the infection within 30 days, and there have now been thousands of cases in 47 countries. Some scientists think this sudden boom in global cases is a harbinger of things to come.

• 2023 Gold Donors

"Local News" doesn't even exist anymore.Right out of the gate they slam you with the Covid numbers...the body count...a clusterf__k of  negativity..maybe a little time for weather and sports and then newscast DONE! On radio - same thing  every half hour: rinse-wash-repeat.National / global depression,drug use,suicide rates still climbing....

Russell Brand goes on a bit too much about spirituality most of the time for me, and he is very slow to get to the point, compared to someone like, say the awesome Jordan Peterson.

I remember when I first saw the Sarah Silverman was dong video blogs, because I thought she was pretty great and funny.
And then I saw some, and now I hate her.
I hate pretty much everything she says, and I even find it hard watching her movies lol

18 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Russell Brand goes on a bit too much about spirituality most of the time for me, and he is very slow to get to the point, compared to someone like, say the awesome Jordan Peterson.

I remember when I first saw the Sarah Silverman was dong video blogs, because I thought she was pretty great and funny.
And then I saw some, and now I hate her.
I hate pretty much everything she says, and I even find it hard watching her movies lol

Yeah I'm not completely sold on Brand either. He is very intelligent, switched on and an excellent speaker, but I don't connect as much with him as I do others. Watch him every now and then but not subscribed as I'm not overly interested in a lot of his videos.