Perfect Plan - Time For A Miracle

Stefan

From FB:

Hi Everyone, 
Just wanted to give you an update on how the process with the new album is going.
We are very near to finish the mixing process in a week or so and then start the mastering process.
The mixing is done by the amazing Mårten Eriksson at Fanclub Production. He has done a great job with the songs..
The mastering will be done by the likewise amazing Thomas Plec Johansson at The Panic Room Studio.
Recordings of the instrumental parts has been done by the great Ronnie Björnström at Enhanced Audio Productions. Recordings of the vocals has been done by Mårten and by our great keyboardplayer Leif Ehlin at Rock Doc Studio😊 
It has been and are a lot of work but we are very proud of the songs and cannot wait to share it with all of you. 
The album is produced by us in the band.
The lyrics and songmelodies, except for one great song which is written by Leif, has been written by me but otherwise it has been more of a co-writing process in the band compared to the first album which has been so much fun. 
Everyone in the band has been involved and contributed to the writing and producing process and that includes, of course, blood, sweat and tears, strong minds and opinions and headaches but still a great labour of love and a great blessing in the end.
Hope all of you will have a great weekend. 
Love to all of you and thank u for your neverending support
/Kent and Perfect Plan

Edited by Stefan
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'll check it out but TBH the first album didn't age very well for me.  I liked it at first but put it away fairly quickly and never had much desire to listen to it after putting it on the shelf.   Did have a few good tunes though.

I think I'm more interested in Arctic Rain than this...

On 6/23/2020 at 7:30 AM, Stefan said:

First single 'Better Walk Alone' from the new album out on Thursday.

Pretty good tune that seems to fall in line with the debut album.

Eyes on this but IDK if it'll be a purchase for me or not.  

Pretty awesome new tune. I don't particularly remember the previous album but think it was okay. I look forward to this one. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 6:16 PM, tts42572 said:

I'll check it out but TBH the first album didn't age very well for me.  I liked it at first but put it away fairly quickly and never had much desire to listen to it after putting it on the shelf.   Did have a few good tunes though.

I think I'm more interested in Arctic Rain than this...

me too 

From Frontiers:

Sometimes the stars align and create a perfect balance of talent within a group. A band like Perfect Plan is the “perfect" (pun intended) example of that: a superb singer, a well-oiled band of experienced players, and a great songwriting talent with a knack for unforgettable melodies and driving rhythms. Add to that the right single released at the right time and Perfect Plan’s emergence as immediate rising stars on the melodic rock scene is no surprise. The song that “built” their reputation is of course the awesome “In and Out of Love,” the first single/video that kicked off the promotion of the band’s 2018 debut album “All Rise,” released on Frontiers in April of that year. Now the band returns with their sophomore release and, hyperbole aside, this is a major step forward across the board. Opting for a slightly heavier and more “in your face” sound, Perfect Plan have matured and created an outstanding balance of melodies and energy, with the obvious references to the sound of the classics (think Foreigner, Survivor, The Storm, Giant, etc.) and Scandinavian AOR with a recognizable and personal feel. The band features the extraordinary singer Kent Hilli together with Rolf Nordström on guitar, Fredrik Forsberg on drums, Leif Ehlin on keyboards, and new bassist Mats Byström. Perfect Plan are now ready to capitalize on the acclaim of their debut and become one of your new favorite melodic rock bands!

PerfectPlan_800x800_600x600.jpg

01.    Time For A Miracle                                                                                                                  
02.    Better Walk Alone
03.    Heart To Stone
04.    Fighting To Win
05.    Everytime We Cry
06.    What About Love
07.    Nobody’s Fool 
08.    Living On The Run
09.    Just One Wish
10.    Dont Blame It On Love Again
11.    Give A Little Lovin’ 
12.    Don’t Leave Me Here Alone

Edited by Stefan

Great song. I didn't mind the debut, but so far the new single is my favorite song from them.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Stefan said:

New video for 'Time For A Miracle'.

(in a couple of hours...:))

For me, think that's my favorite Perfect Plan tune I've heard to date.  Love the riffs and heavier vibe.  

Their debut album was decent enough but what I wanted was a bit more edge and this tune adds some.

8 hours ago, tts42572 said:

For me, think that's my favorite Perfect Plan tune I've heard to date.  Love the riffs and heavier vibe.  

Their debut album was decent enough but what I wanted was a bit more edge and this tune adds some.

Yeah, definitely a tougher guitar sound when compared with the debut and I prefer it as well.   Of the two tracks released so far, I liked 'Better Walk Alone' a bit more, but the new song is solid.

• 3 weeks later...

Not too bad but probably would be third if I were ranking the 3 tunes out so far.

I again like some of the edgier riffage going on in spots.  Not quite as tough of a guitar sound as Time For a Miracle but still pretty good.  Will be interesting to see if they carry that throughout the album.  Personally, I think that's why the debut never really stuck with me....Just wasn't beefy enough or something.

Will be keeping eyes on this.

• 3 weeks later...

Listened to this today.  Basically, just follows along with the debut IMO.

My favorite song on the album is easily the title track which has a cool, heavier edge to it.  Frankly, that's probably my favorite song they've done on both albums.  After that though, it goes back to the more AOR vibe of the debut.

It's one of those albums that I'd rate highly if I were rating it because it's done well and it's excellent AOR.  Personally though, it's not exciting me much as I like just a little bit more edge.  Can't hold my personal tastes against it though.  I was never a big fan of a band like Survivor either but they put out good music.  That's kinda the same for these guys for me.