Fascinating songs

PetraGirl86

2 hours ago, PetraGirl86 said:

Windows- Whitecross 

B

That is probably musically and melody-wise my favourite Whitecross song... just can't cop those lyrics. :( 

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

That is probably musically and melody-wise my favourite Whitecross song... just can't cop those lyrics. :( 

It's just too bad, ain't it :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors
On 12/24/2019 at 8:08 PM, Darkstone said:

That's a very good point mate. So, it's a punctuation thing. Nice one. I don't have a physical copy of the album. We need to see the official lyrics in written form. If what you say is true, then I may be able to listen to this version again without cringing, which makes me happy, because it is one of the great  covers. Thanks mate.

Heard this today and clever word play or not, it still irks me. 

• Haha 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

"The Logical Song" by Supertramp is another thought provoking song. This is a great clip about it's origins. Towards the end Roger Hodgson does a very small piano medley of Supertramp tracks.  They really were a great band with very memorable hits. Always were and still are very radio friendly. 

On 12/5/2019 at 3:27 AM, PetraGirl86 said:

Yeah and I'll give you three more- 

It Doesn't Work

I'll give you 3 words.

Load of bollocks- and that's to both. The big Bang theory and God.

I could come up with a more plausible theory than the big bang and I know bugger all about science. 

And as for there being a God of whatever description (and there are hundreds which is a bit of a giveaway isn't it ;) ) that is just fear raising it's head. Yes humankinds fear of its own mortality. And yes it is bloody scary and as we get older lucid thoughts about death manifest themselves more and more.

But my advice people - enjoy your time on earth and make sure you get done what you want to do cos you don't want to be lying on that death bed going 'if only......'

Cos when you're gone your gone.

Now I gotta go think of a meaning song ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glen said:

I'll give you 3 words.

I could come up with a more plausible theory than the big bang and I know bugger all about science. 

And as for there being a God of whatever description (and there are hundreds which is a bit of a giveaway isn't it ;) ) that is just fear raising it's head. Yes humankinds fear of its own mortality. And yes it is bloody scary and as we get older lucid thoughts about death manifest themselves more and more.

But my advice people - enjoy your time on earth and make sure you get done what you want to do cos you don't want to be lying on that death bed going 'if only......'

You could turn that into a song and then put your own song in this thread. ;)

I'd love to hear your "more plausible theory than the big bang" - purely out of curiosity. I admit I don't know what to make of any of it; don't get me wrong. Obviously the God thing's silly, and who knows about the big bang?

I think it's entirely plausible and honest just to admit we don't know. We never will. It's just one of those things. We can make a million guesses and speculate, but there's no possible way we will ever know with 100% certainty. We can't. Not possible. 

So, like you say, forget that rubbish and enjoy your tangible life for what it is. :)

33 minutes ago, Geoff said:

You could turn that into a song and then put your own song in this thread. ;)

I'd love to hear your "more plausible theory than the big bang" - purely out of curiosity. I admit I don't know what to make of any of it; don't get me wrong. Obviously the God thing's silly, and who knows about the big bang?

I think it's entirely plausible and honest just to admit we don't know. We never will. It's just one of those things. We can make a million guesses and speculate, but there's no possible way we will ever know with 100% certainty. We can't. Not possible. 

So, like you say, forget that rubbish and enjoy your tangible life for what it is. :)

when you're gone you're gone.

great title for a song lol

Why would you bring that up out of this thread? I've already caused enough trouble as it is. I'm keeping out. I don't know science and I'm still thinking Geoff's message through so I can answer him. You guys have yourself a jolly little argument or agree on whatever you like I'm outta this one. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PetraGirl86 said:

Why would you bring that up out of this thread? I've already caused enough trouble as it is. I'm keeping out. I don't know science and I'm still thinking Geoff's message through so I can answer him. You guys have yourself a jolly little argument or agree on whatever you like I'm outta this one. 

no reason. just my 2 cents.

I'll post a meaningful song soon ;)

ok here we go. There was no more profound message in 2019 than this. Not only is it a great song but carries a great message and ties in nicely with what I said earlier. Time is limited guys, enjoy every second, do as much as you can, tell loved ones you care and above all have no regrets

• 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

gordon ramsay cooking GIF by Hell's Kitchen

That's not unusual, lately lots of people been doin that. All the more reason to stand firm! 

Edited by PetraGirl86

I like this one.
Particularly 
"to the dreams that have shatterd, colliding with fate, and to the good we discarded whike searching for great"
and
"we're so suck on the missing, we're missing the rest"

It's cool to hear some poinant music, rather than the usual tits and ass sometimes (no that there's anything wrong with the T&A)

On 1/24/2020 at 1:48 AM, Glen said:

I'll give you 3 words.

You know Glenn, I really don't think that's what it is at all, I think humans can't handle not knowing, and god and religion are there to fill the vacuum, a bunch of guys wrote a book, and millions of people subscribe to it, I also think it gives people an excuse for being lazy, they don't have to do anything now, they'll do it in the next life, or it gives people a scapegoat for not living up to their potential, like I didn't get a certain job, so it must not have been meant to be, if god wanted it to happen he would've made it happen, that's how I see it anyways. Lot of shit you can get away with by blaming it on God actions, think about it, it's the perfect out.

On 2/20/2020 at 8:32 PM, AlphaMale said:

Or in Geoff's case D&B (dick and balls)! :whistle::tumbsup:

HUGE!!! DICKS AND GIGANTIC BALLS, and wrists of limp, many pillows being bitten, and loads and loads of? Fun being had.

• Haha 1

I find these lyrics to be absolutely fascinating!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

You know Glenn, I really don't think that's what it is at all, I think humans can't handle not knowing, and god and religion are there to fill the vacuum, a bunch of guys wrote a book, and millions of people subscribe to it, I also think it gives people an excuse for being lazy, they don't have to do anything now, they'll do it in the next life, or it gives people a scapegoat for not living up to their potential, like I didn't get a certain job, so it must not have been meant to be, if god wanted it to happen he would've made it happen, that's how I see it anyways. Lot of shit you can get away with by blaming it on God actions, think about it, it's the perfect out.

I would say no it's not at all how it is, Cause it isn't at all. But if I tried to explain at all I'd get the gun up to my head and right now I can't afford to lose my account. Maybe someday they'll shoot but not right now. Please leave it alone, please. 

2 hours ago, PetraGirl86 said:

I would say no it's not at all how it is, Cause it isn't at all. But if I tried to explain at all I'd get the gun up to my head and right now I can't afford to lose my account. Maybe someday they'll shoot but not right now. Please leave it alone, please. 

you believe what you want to believe....it's all good. :)

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

you believe what you want to believe.... I must go where my soul wants to lead..... I'm entranced by the land of romance..... and a love that's still waiting......

When I feel my love burning..... deep inside my heart...... I hear Paris Calling...... every time.

Great song mate!