Fascinating songs

PetraGirl86

What songs have left you dazed for awhile afterwards and maybe even doubting stuff the most? I can't stop listening to Hotel California but it's doing me subtle harm 😂

• 2023 Gold Donors

I agree about Hotel California. A very profound and esoteric song, although I'm very interested in your opinion of it. You seem to be very thoughtful and intelligent seemingly beyond your years. What is it for you about this song that makes you "doubt stuff"?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well when I was listening to Runaway Train the video made me feel really negative about stuff for awhile and I think that's what that song made feel like sorta. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
17 hours ago, PetraGirl86 said:

Well when I was listening to Runaway Train the video made me feel really negative about stuff for awhile and I think that's what that song made feel like sorta. 

Fair enough.

• 2023 Gold Donors

There are many songs I find fascinating for different reasons. These two 80's classics were fascinating to me mainly because I had no idea what they were about. It must be a Genesis thing.

To me fascinating means confusing lyrics, or it just tugs on you, or changes the way you feel about something or makes your heart leap. The Violet Burning's 'The Killing' does that for me quite a bit. :wub: The Violet Burning in general does it :P

Killer Dwarfs - All That We Dream, off the Dirty Weapons disc, to this day I cannot figure out what he's singing about, also Brother Cane, And Fools Shine On, describing an Athiests view on life and religion, disturbed me at first, but what a fucking killer song

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 11/29/2019 at 3:03 PM, Leykis101 said:

Killer Dwarfs - All That We Dream, off the Dirty Weapons disc, to this day I cannot figure out what he's singing about, also Brother Cane, And Fools Shine On, describing an Athiests view on life and religion, disturbed me at first, but what a fucking killer song

I hadn't heard that Brother Kane track before and you're right, it's killer. Although,  it doesn't seem Atheist. A bit of a Gnostic theme perhaps? I dunno. A very thought provoking track. Perfect for this thread.

Edited by Darkstone

Perhaps, it's definitely a well written and thought provoking track, I just once read while searching for the meaning it was an atheists view on religion, and being a believer then losing belief

3 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Perhaps, it's definitely a well written and thought provoking track, I just once read while searching for the meaning it was an atheists view on religion, and being a believer then losing belief

Sounds like- never mind I better keep my trap shut 

That only creates question, with me I'd rather u just say what u gotta say, absolutely no point in not speaking your mind, plus i might be interested in what u have to say

True, but Noo when I speak my mind people go all off the handle and it just isn't worth it- besides, people have been really good lately at just ignoring my comments that will not go well if answered, and everyone's an atheist on here anyway so I really don't want to deal with them, you see, I've always been an arguer and in the long run no one is really interested in what I have to say. 

Edited by PetraGirl86

Or, I guess, that's not very how I should act- I guess what I was going to say was that believer doesn't sound like they're really doing their job in showing that atheist the way it is, but then, I guess we're all hypocrites :rolleyes:

But I just don't like when everone jumps on you that's all, its not that I'm a coward in showing what I believe, Ha!  

Also Into Jesus is a song that I would call fascinating 

Edited by PetraGirl86

24 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

Close My Eyes Forever by Lita and Ozzy.I really like the song but I'm not certain what it means...or if it means anything.

My mom and her best friend Lori would sing that together in the 80s, and she would be Ozzy. Dunno anything about the actual song though :P

• 2023 Gold Donors
5 hours ago, PetraGirl86 said:

True, but Noo when I speak my mind people go all off the handle and it just isn't worth it- besides, people have been really good lately at just ignoring my comments that will not go well if answered, and everyone's an atheist on here anyway so I really don't want to deal with them, you see, I've always been an arguer and in the long run no one is really interested in what I have to say. 

Not true. Not everyone here is an Atheist. I'm certainly not.

26 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

Not true. Not everyone here is an Atheist. I'm certainly not.

Well most of them were at least, I know not all but a lot were. That's good you aren't though :)

To my knowledge I was the only Atheist on here, if there are any others I am not aware, and I love it when people try to challenge me on it, the last thing I get is mad or worked up, because it's not that important to me that anyone else be Atheist, it's just something ive always believed, or not believed, it's an unwinnable argument, but for some people they just can't handle that, and by the way Petra girl, have u listened to the song at hand? Brother Kane And Fools Shine On, regardless what it's about, its a good fucking song, and it's not at all in your face with it's message, it's almost telling the story of someone who did believe, then for what ever reason(I assume it was their drug addiction since it states that) he sees things in a whole new light, did I mention it's an awesome song?

3 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

To my knowledge I was the only Atheist on here, if there are any others I am not aware, and I love it when people try to challenge me on it, the last thing I get is mad or worked up, because it's not that important to me that anyone else be Atheist, it's just something ive always believed, or not believed, it's an unwinnable argument, but for some people they just can't handle that, and by the way Petra girl, have u listened to the song at hand? Brother Kane And Fools Shine On, regardless what it's about, its a good fucking song, and it's not at all in your face with it's message, it's almost telling the story of someone who did believe, then for what ever reason(I assume it was their drug addiction since it states that) he sees things in a whole new light, did I mention it's an awesome song?

I've never thought to label my thoughts on the whole thing. If I think every religion is ridiculous and very stupid, and that it's a complete waste of a life to subscribe to any religion whatsoever, does that make me an atheist? If so, I guess I'm one? I guess. 

This thread is way too hard to think about off the top of my head, but 'Quicksand Jesus' and also 'In A Darkened Room' by Skid Row are two good shouts. 

11 hours ago, PetraGirl86 said:

You want an answer that's what I got 

Had a good laugh at this song. Case in point. 

7 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

No I didn't listen to the song, yes you mentioned it was a good one, and since I did not listen to it I guess then what I said wasn't too important. And no, because in one thread a couple weeks back there was some guys and they were saying all these silly things they thought I believed like the earth being flat and saying Christians were all mean and all types things and then some guy says "now I'm extra glad I'm an atheist" or something, and it wasn't you. 

5 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Here's five that have always moved me. I still listen to them regularly. 

I love that Queensrÿche one! 😋 I like Hurricane but that song in particular always bored me 🤷‍♀️