Toque - Never Enough

Stefan

12428401_web_TOQUE_NEW_298A4677-Final-RT

Great song.

From FB:

In 2012, Todd Kerns, Brent Fitz and Cory Churko took time out of their busy schedules playing with Slash and Kelly Clarkson to band together and play a charity event in Winnipeg, Canada. They decided the theme of the night was to play only Canadian classic music. With a setlist comprised of tunes by such greats as, Streetheart, Queen City Kids, Kim Mitchell, Loverboy, Saga, Platinum Blonde, Harlequin and Aldo Nova they played to a packed house raising money for Cancer research.

The night was such a success that they decided to put together a record to celebrate the best in Canadian Music and remake the songs that influenced and inspired their careers. Toque was born!

Toque is:
Todd Kerns - Lead vocals and Guitar
Brent Fitz - Drums and vocals
Cory Churko - Guitar and Vocals

toque_never+enough_cd_cover-300ppi.jpg

Tracks:

01 – Armageddon
02 – Innocence
03 – Never Enough (For You)
04 – Ironic
05 – Enough Is Enough
06 – The Spirit of Radio
07 – Down Again
08 – Lunatic Fringe
09 – Don’t It Make Ya Feel (feat Darby Mills)
10 – What Kind of Love Is This
11 – Remember
12 – Hot Child in the City
13 – Armageddon Reprise

I don't know that song and assume I won't know most these tunes, in which case this could be a really enjoyable album for me. I do like that tune. 

I believe other than this song, the rest is covers of Canadian acts from the 70s, 80s. I recognize song titles from Prism, Red Rider, Orphan, Headpins, Harlequin, and Rush.

I really like this song and have always liked Kerns' vocals dating back to Age of Electric. I was really hoping Slash was gonna go with him as lead vocalist instead of Kennedy in his solo project. No doubting Kennedy's talent, just prefer Kerns.

Never Enough For You is my favourite track of 2019. Down Again is another original track from the band...almost just as good. I’d love a release of originals only. 

They are clearly the best cover band in Canada....Todd Kerns could be the best rock vocalist from Canada right now. I’ve been a huge fan of his voice for over 20 years....but this is miles away his best project and blows everything else he’s done out of the water. 

Their covers are so good that the majority are way, way better than the originals....especially in the production. 

Edited by zacharyamelie

• 2023 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, martinsane said:

and yet none of the band members are wearing a toque...

I had to look up what a toque is. Down here we call it a beanie. I guess beanie isn't quite as good as a band name.

12 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

Never Enough For You is my favourite track of 2019. Down Again is another original track from the band...almost just as good. I’d love a release of originals only. 

So are you saying this isn't a cover song? It's one of their originals? If so, I agree they should just do originals. 

That Never Enough For You song is really good.

Shame the rest of the album is all covers....

Based upon that first song they ought to be working on an album of original material.....They could have something.

• My Little Pony
19 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I had to look up what a toque is. Down here we call it a beanie. I guess beanie isn't quite as good as a band name.

Yeah, most of the world calls them beanies. 

But, then, most of the world is fucked. 

9 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

But, then, most of the world is fucked. 

Word.

Not that it has anything to do with beanies... 

• 5 months later...
On 8/29/2019 at 3:57 PM, tts42572 said:

That Never Enough For You song is really good.

Shame the rest of the album is all covers....

Based upon that first song they ought to be working on an album of original material.....They could have something.

They already have something though... They are a group of tremendously proud Canadian professional musicians whom are kept quite busy by Slash, Shania Twain, Kelly Clarkson, Bruce Kulick, Sin City Sinners, etc when they are not getting together for the Toque side project of recording and performing of the Canadian classic tunes they grew up on. 

I think it’s great that they’ll throw an original song on their records though. As Toque though, they excel at paying tribute to their fav Canadian classic rockers. Craziest part is they play those covers better than the original bands did.  Immensely talented guys. 

On 2/23/2020 at 7:24 AM, Shel said:

They already have something though... They are a group of tremendously proud Canadian professional musicians whom are kept quite busy by Slash, Shania Twain, Kelly Clarkson, Bruce Kulick, Sin City Sinners, etc when they are not getting together for the Toque side project of recording and performing of the Canadian classic tunes they grew up on. 

I think it’s great that they’ll throw an original song on their records though. As Toque though, they excel at paying tribute to their fav Canadian classic rockers. Craziest part is they play those covers better than the original bands did.  Immensely talented guys. 

That said, I personally prefer original material over covers.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

https://youtu.be/TxdOHXQ5gCU 

new original track called “Up To You”

Edited by zacharyamelie

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

https://youtu.be/TxdOHXQ5gCU 

new original track called “Up To You”

Well, now that's something to get excited about. Will have to listen to it when I get home. Maybe it's on the Spotifies. 

Could have been lifted straight off Loverboy’s “Just Getting Started”. Brilliant track from one of the best bands in Canada.