The Poodles are no more

AlphaMale

The Poodles
4 hrs ·

·

”Merry Christmas and a Happy new year, dear Friends, Brothers, and Sisters!

We want to take the opportunity to announce the end of The Poodles journey together as a band, and what an amazing experience it has been!

Over the last 12 years we have travelled the roads together, created beautiful music, faught, laughed, loved, and dreamed!

Alas, every ship must find a port e no matter how great the journey!

We have cherished every moment and every encounter along the way. We want to thank the many people who helped and collaborated with us, some only briefly, others for longer periods of time; all in the service of rock! You know who you are!

Also a very special THANK YOU to our fantastic fans and audiences for following us on the road, appreciating our music and for supporting us in every way! Without you, nothing of this would have been possible, we wish you all the very best!!!

Now, the future is yet to be written and we hope to see you soon, somehow, somewhere!

Salute and Farewell for now!”

Nice band,always had a wee spot for em,as mentioned Clash Of The Elements was pretty good as was the debut and for me Tour De Force,dont think they actually put out a bad album,wasnt a huge fan of the covers album though, definitely were on the slide with quality of output.

Fair call. They were a solid band and offered up some good stuff along the way. Not the worst move to go out before things got unfortunate. Shame their last offering is a covers album, though... even if it's actually a pretty good covers album, I'll admit. Solid band, but this news is okay by me. :)

15 hours ago, crazynights said:

Sad news. I was lucky enough to see them live years ago.

One of my favorite band.

Hope for new project from Samuel (anoter Kryptonite).

I have no doubt whatsoever that there will still be plenty of music from most or all of these guys. 

What makes you think that? They are a serious rock band.

The only thing silly about them was their name, but not being English speakers by nature, maybe they did not realise how silly it is.

I read an interwiew with Jacob Samuel where He explain that he doesn't like demential stuff like Steel panther.

The name was inspired by great bands with animals name like Scorpions, white lion or whitesnake.

My fav was Sweet trade.

3 hours ago, gener8tr said:

Never got into this band.  Were they sort of a Steel Panther thing?

I think at the time people compared them to Wig Wam, but definitely not have I ever heard a Steel Panther comparison. I certainly couldn’t name a single similarity between the two bands. ;) 

3 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

What makes you think that? They are a serious rock band.

The only thing silly about them was their name, but not being English speakers by nature, maybe they did not realise how silly it is.

I was posing a legitimate question, not making a statement.  As mentioned, I'm not familiar with the band at all. 

I must be thinking of someone else.  Not a complete spoof ala Steel Panther, but similar in nature.  Maybe that band that tried to sound like Def Leppard?  Even had a similar type of name.  Just not coming to me off-hand.  Fairly recent (last few years).

Loud Lion were the Def Leppard soundalike band, but once again, certainly not a comedy band like Panther.

Only bands I can think of in the style of Panther are Satanicide and Tragedy (both share some members), Skrapp Mettle and Bloody Stools. None of which are particularly recent (although Tragedy is an ongoing concern).

54 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Loud Lion were the Def Leppard soundalike band, but once again, certainly not a comedy band like Panther.

Only bands I can think of in the style of Panther are Satanicide and Tragedy (both share some members), Skrapp Mettle and Bloody Stools. None of which are particularly recent (although Tragedy is an ongoing concern).

Are any of them any good?

Depends on which ones.

Tragedy are my favourite, but their gimmick mostly comes into its own live. Their albums started out as metal Bee Gees covers, but moved into covering other disco and pop artists as well. I really love most of their covers.

Satanicide is pretty cool too. Not amazing, but cool. They are not as crude as Panther though.

Skrapp Mettle isnt bad, but not amazing either. Features early JSS on vocals, so always worth having for completists. Once again, not as crude as panther, but they do have their smutty moments (Muff diving in the 80s).

Bloody Stools over all are closest with regards to crudity, but really lack any great songs. Not one I would tell people to go out of their way to find.