Jump to content
Stefan

Kissin' Dynamite - Ecstasy

Recommended Posts

On 7/13/2018 at 11:14 PM, heavyharmonies said:

Not sure how long this will be up, but this song is a monster IMO:

 

 

Speaking of YouTube, no less than 3 different posters have uploaded the complete album in its entirety to YT. Not sure how record labels are going to handle this. It's torrenting, but out in the open.

A song Hinder can consider of doing a cover. Excellent song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2018 at 9:10 PM, CureTheSane said:

You guys are missing out if this is the first you've dug them.

That said, this is a killer disc, and leans more to the AOR side of rock than the matal side.

Probably be my top album of the year

Have to agree....Absolutely killer album!  I've been through it a handful of times now and I swear the more I listen, the more I like it.      

I don't know if it'll be my top album but it's definitely right there among my favorites this year.

Have picked up their last album too and will be checking that out closer once I can get the new one out of my CD player :)

Not sure how these guys slipped under my radar.  Good stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'm lovin' it!I've ordered the vinyl (+recent reissue of Gibraltar's ep with Roy Cathey, still one of my biggest vinyl wants).  Their strong gang choruses remind me Hell In The Club (but with way better vocals!). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 11:10 AM, CureTheSane said:

You guys are missing out if this is the first you've dug them.

That said, this is a killer disc, and leans more to the AOR side of rock than the matal side.

Probably be my top album of the year

I'd have to disagree. Probably many of us have been keeping an eye on them through the years and I know for me they've always been pretty well below average. I like some very strong songs on here, but as an overall album I still wouldn't say they've entered a new realm of excellence. It's their best album no doubt, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I'd have to disagree. Probably many of us have been keeping an eye on them through the years and I know for me they've always been pretty well below average. I like some very strong songs on here, but as an overall album I still wouldn't say they've entered a new realm of excellence. It's their best album no doubt, though. 

Tough crowd! ONe of the best and most consistent new bands out there..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Geoff said:

I'd have to disagree. Probably many of us have been keeping an eye on them through the years and I know for me they've always been pretty well below average. I like some very strong songs on here, but as an overall album I still wouldn't say they've entered a new realm of excellence. It's their best album no doubt, though. 

I disagree. Like a handful of songs from them over 4? albums, but for me this is a great album and has brought them up a notch for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pretty decent album but still not sure how often I will spin this going forward.

love Waging War and that is the clear stand out for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Glen said:

pretty decent album but still not sure how often I will spin this going forward.

love Waging War and that is the clear stand out for me. 

Love this album!  Waging War is SO good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Love this album!  Waging War is SO good!

Waging War is good. After that it peters out a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting how music is heard differently.

I put 9 songs from this album in my best of folder.

Waging War wasn't one of them :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Interesting how music is heard differently.

I put 9 songs from this album in my best of folder.

Waging War wasn't one of them :)

 

I've put all of them in my best of folder :)

Fantastic album!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Interesting how music is heard differently.

I put 9 songs from this album in my best of folder.

Waging War wasn't one of them :)

 

Yes everyone likes something different, but I still have to say it  WOW, really?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I've put all of them in my best of folder :)

Fantastic album!

I haven't 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Yes everyone likes something different, but I still have to say it  WOW, really?!

Yep :)

Happens from time to time.
Example, Kiss...
Took me 20 years to start to like God Of Thunder.
Still not a real fan of Creatures Of The Night, and I've always dug The Elder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Yep :)

Happens from time to time.
Example, Kiss...
Took me 20 years to start to like God Of Thunder.
Still not a real fan of Creatures Of The Night, and I've always dug The Elder

God of Thunder is pretty shit tho. Works well live cos they make it theatrical but as an album cut it's weak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Waging war' is a good tune - second best on the album after 'Still Around,' imo. Those two songs are the clear stand outs on the disc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New video. Great song.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Stefan said:

New video. Great song.

 

 

 

This my friends, is the best ballad I've heard since Arion's 'You're My Melody'. Absolutely stunning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. It's a monster of a song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a wicked uncomfortable clip. 

I think the song is okay but I'm not as taken by it as you kids. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Geoff said:

 

I think the song is okay but I'm not as taken by it as you kids. ;)

 

:eviltongue:

 Young people...:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Geoff said:

That is a wicked uncomfortable clip. 

I think the song is okay but I'm not as taken by it as you kids. ;)

Have to agree about the clip, it's disturbing to see his face all the time. I would have done it like a video-story, for example starting with the singer looking old photos of a smiling girl, then showing the singer and the girl together falling in love like flashbacks of their happy relationship, but at the middle of the song the girl begins to act bad, trying drugs and doing things to hurt him; finally he leaves her in the rain while the song ends. Something like that I think would have been more adequate.

Love the song, though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2018 at 6:43 AM, Geoff said:

That is a wicked uncomfortable clip. 

I think the song is okay but I'm not as taken by it as you kids. ;)

Agree.  LOVE the album though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Rocker said:

Agree.  LOVE the album though!

Same for me.

Okay song but if I'm listing my favorites from the album, this would be toward the bottom.

They should've done Waging War.

Great album though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Same for me.

Okay song but if I'm listing my favorites from the album, this would be toward the bottom.

They should've done Waging War.

Great album though!

Waging War is SO good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.