Kissin' Dynamite - Ecstasy

Stefan

Kissin-Dynamite-klein.jpg

From bravewords.com:

Metal Blade Records has announced the signing of Kissin' Dynamite, one of Germany's most promising rock bands. Sony Music label Columbia will handle affairs and releases of the group in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

First on the agenda is the release of Ecstasy, Kissin' Dynamite's new studio album, on July 6th. It is the follow-up to Generation Goodbye (2016), which reached #14 in the official German album charts.

Produced by Kissin' Dynamite singer Hannes Braun, Ecstasy harks back to the quintet's unpolished, energy-laden early days, while at the same time marking a turning point in their eleven-year history. In autumn, the group will embark on their first concert tour as special guest since changing labels; from October 26th on Kissin' Dynamite will accompany Powerwolf, who are currently breaking all success records, for 16 joint gigs throughout Europe.

www.facebook.com/Kissindynamiterocks

kissindyncdmay18.jpg

1. I've Got the Fire
2. You're Not Alone
3. Somebody's Gotta Do It
4. Ecstasy
5. Still Around
6. Superhuman
7. Placebo
8. Breaking the Silence
9. Waging War
10. One More Time
11. Heart of Stone
Bonus Tracks:
12. Wild Wind
13. No Time to Wonder

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a bit of a worry for me.
I see an HCSS situation potentially developing

Looking at my Best Of folder I have the following number of tracks from each album
Steel Of Swabia - 1
Addicted To Metal - 2
Money, Sex & Power - 4
Megalomania - 7
Generation Goodbye - 6

I'm hoping that if they hark back to the early days it is at least modernised in some way.

On 5/5/2018 at 7:44 AM, heavyharmonies said:

Oh FUCK yeah! Can't wait.

I know that some here can't stand them, but these guys can do no wrong in my eyes (and ears).

Chord structure is very similar to Running Free.

I like that song. Not a huge fan of theirs but  like a handful of songs.

• 3 weeks later...

Cool song
Standard Kissin' Dynamite formula.
What they do well is varying the songs a bit.
Love the guitar scales in the background. Dual vocals compliment each other perfectly.

• 1 month later...

Not sure how long this will be up, but this song is a monster IMO:

Speaking of YouTube, no less than 3 different posters have uploaded the complete album in its entirety to YT. Not sure how record labels are going to handle this. It's torrenting, but out in the open.

I've given the full album a listen and it sounds pretty good to me.  Oddly enough, I had noticed Metal Blade Records themselves was one of the parties who posted the whole album on YT last week.  They had done the same with the latest Lizzy Borden album.  

Listening to this album on you tube has convinced me to buy it.

Never really paid much attention to these guys but like what I hear...melodic rock with a nice edge.

I'll have to investigate some of their earlier albums.  

Really like the first few tunes...the ballad is great too.  Dips a tiny bit in the middle but Waging War is great and like a couple other songs toward the end.

Think I'll buy the Japan version though to avoid the digipak.

7 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Listening to this album on you tube has convinced me to buy it.

Never really paid much attention to these guys but like what I hear...melodic rock with a nice edge.

I'll have to investigate some of their earlier albums.  

Really like the first few tunes...the ballad is great too.  Dips a tiny bit in the middle but Waging War is great and like a couple other songs toward the end.

Think I'll buy the Japan version though to avoid the digipak.

Here's my best of for Kissin' Dynamite
From 5 albums.
Only one from the first and 2 from the second - obviously the early stuff didn't click with me.
In fact really obe from each as High Enough is obviously a cover.

First song that I really dug was Six Feet Under which it turned out was unlike everything else they've done.

01 Lie For Me

02 High Enough

03 Why Can't You Hear Me

04 I Will Be King

05 Club 27

06 Sleaze Deluxe

07 Six Feet Under

08 Maniac Ball

09 Fireflies

10 Deadly

11 God In You

12 Running Free

13 The Final Dance

14 Ticket To Paradise

15 Hashtag Your Life

16 If Clocks Were Running Backwards

17 She Came She Saw

18 Highlight Zone

19 Masterpiece

20 Flying Colours

20 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Not sure how long this will be up, but this song is a monster IMO:

Speaking of YouTube, no less than 3 different posters have uploaded the complete album in its entirety to YT. Not sure how record labels are going to handle this. It's torrenting, but out in the open.

Great ballad.  This is their best overall album for me, loving it!

20 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"? If a label realizes that the material gets out there regardless, they might as well try to capitalize as much as they can.

Another strong song:

My favorite on the album!

This has jumped into my top 2, right behind W.E.T..

6 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Digging this also.  Seems a bit more melodic than some of their earlier albums from what I've sampled.

Like the direction they're going.

Exactly.

I'm with you guys that have not liked this band in the past but they've definitely stepped up here. Another one I'll look at closer tomorrow, but the two tracks Dan posted are two of the best. I was kind of stunned by 'Still around.' Would never have expected a song of that quality from these guys - might even rate up pretty high in single songs at the end of the year. Beauty. 'Waging war' is great too. 

I think there was another belter towards the end I loved... but it could have been 'Waging war.' Will check tomorrow. The two bonus tracks were good too. Nice to see them come good after some pretty unconvincing albums leading into this one, 

11 hours ago, Geoff said:

I'm with you guys that have not liked this band in the past but they've definitely stepped up here. Another one I'll look at closer tomorrow, but the two tracks Dan posted are two of the best. I was kind of stunned by 'Still around.' Would never have expected a song of that quality from these guys - might even rate up pretty high in single songs at the end of the year. Beauty. 'Waging war' is great too. 

I think there was another belter towards the end I loved... but it could have been 'Waging war.' Will check tomorrow. The two bonus tracks were good too. Nice to see them come good after some pretty unconvincing albums leading into this one, 

Agree.  I thought they were "ok" before with the good song here and there, but this album is a HUGE step forward for me.

You guys are missing out if this is the first you've dug them.

That said, this is a killer disc, and leans more to the AOR side of rock than the matal side.

Probably be my top album of the year