Sleaze Roxx forum

Jacob M.

The Sleaze Roxx forum is set to die tomorrow. At this point I'm not sure I care any more. I was one of the original members. I posted quite a bit. Then there was a huge influx of juvenile a-holes who ran all of the decent posters off.

I have to wonder. Is it just a matter of time before this place disappears as well?

Membership here has decreased over the years as people get older and shift their life focuses, CD purchasing is on the wane, and people turn to using Facebook and other social media channels for their discussions.

That said, I have no plans to get rid of this forum. As long as the annual donation drive continues to recoup a decent percentage of the annual costs of the forum and the main site, it will continue onwards.

-Dan

• 2023 Gold Donors

I used to post on sleazeroxx and there were quite a few great posters but a-holes like socal made a lot get off the site.While I visit here I,too,am getting old and don't buy as many releases as most people.Probably 12-15 new CD's a year.Most of the groups posted I've never heard of.

Ever since Skid signed off the site and obviously the board has gone downhill.

I still write reviews for the main site and I did partake in the forum from time to time but as I mentioned I think the demeanor really shifted after the ownership change.

And Dan asides from the donations let me know what and when you are thinking about hanging up your cleats as I am warming up and waiting to assist or ???

• My Little Pony

well hopefully this forum will stay, it's much better to communicate with 10-15 regular people rather than 1000 random posters at the chaotic Facebook group

Truu!

I just use the FaceTubes group for a laugh. Post some photos, and troll a few thousand people at once. Proper discussion doesn't occur over there.

well hopefully this forum will stay, it's much better to communicate with 10-15 regular people rather than 1000 random posters at the chaotic Facebook group

Truu!

I just use the FaceTubes group for a laugh. Post some photos, and troll a few thousand people at once. Proper discussion doesn't occur over there.

Seems to be dominated by yanks too

Not saying thats a bad thing.....just a bit one dimensional

Like for example they spend a huge amount of time discussing US rock fests which i have 0% interest in

• My Little Pony

Truu!

Also truu.

• My Little Pony

Not saying thats a bad thing.....just a bit one dimensional

Like for example they spend a huge amount of time discussing US rock fests which i have 0% interest in

I have some% interest. Seeing these latest MOR Cruise picks has absolutely gutted me. It's never hurt this much before, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to go again. And all the festivals are so far away from me. The music scene in the Northwest is garbage.

Song games.

LOTS of song games.

Which only a couple of people participated in which made them redundant.

They'd also kick out good songs before crap ones.

eg: a bands hits singe would go out before song 1 on the disc which was "intro"and lasted 15 seconds

Truu!

It's all the doods who used to be over here, isn't it? This joint used to be dominated by 'Mericans too, but I'm not even sure they're in the majority here anymore? Maybe... but it seems a pretty solid mix these days.

Truu!

It's all the doods who used to be over here, isn't it? This joint used to be dominated by 'Mericans too, but I'm not even sure they're in the majority here anymore? Maybe... but it seems a pretty solid mix these days.

Yeah pretty much...........Wes heads the whole group up.........he's lapping up the adulation with folk calling him 'The Mayor' lol.

Couldn't make it up - seems there were a huge bunch of folk out there just waiting for a place to talk melodic rock.

The concept on FB is totally flawed though - too many topics just flashing an album cover up and everyone going 'ohhhh that's a great album'....just so superficial with no real discussion.

• My Little Pony

Truu!

Yeah pretty much...........Wes heads the whole group up.........he's lapping up the adulation with folk calling him 'The Mayor' lol.

Couldn't make it up - seems there were a huge bunch of folk out there just waiting for a place to talk melodic rock.

The concept on FB is totally flawed though - too many topics just flashing an album cover up and everyone going 'ohhhh that's a great album'....just so superficial with no real discussion.

Yuuup!

For the most part, it's just a glorified "What's a spinning" or "What CDs did you buy" group. With photos.

I recall some guy saying, "I'm trying to remember a thread we had here..." and I literally laugh out loud. FaceTubes doesn't have threads. They have posts. And those posts get buried after a day's worth of activity, so good luck with the search.

• My Little Pony

The thing that actually annoys me is these people truly desire proper discussion of this music we all love. But that discussion can not be had on FaceTubes.

Now, I don't want to call them stoopid -- there are a lot of great people in that group -- but I think convenience trumps common sense. I believe they would do well here, but they either still don't know about this site, or they're too lazy to create a new account and sign in when they already have FaceTubes open.

And it sucks.

I hate that we lost a bunch of people to FaceTubes. Fuck FaceTubes! I honestly miss Wes, and Pete, and Jeff, and whatever happened to the girls? It's become such a boy's club around here. I miss the diversity of conversation that naturally takes place when the other sex is present.

Anyway, for better or for worse, I'm not going anywhere. I still need this site.

Ive asked Wes countless times why he doesnt frequent HH anymore.

Says FB is more convenient and hasnt got time.

Its bollocks tho cos hes on just about every post so must live on FB!!

Ive asked Wes countless times why he doesnt frequent HH anymore.

Says FB is more convenient and hasnt got time.

Its bollocks tho cos hes on just about every post so must live on FB!!

Time is a LAME ASS excuse. I veiw HH on my phone during commutes and such and yes I put some extra time posting up about bands that noone likes but still, to hit the latest posts add a comment or two takes less time than taking a shit.

Yeah, I miss those guys too. I liked them all. Except for that Seyheykid guy. I think he had some other username in the end, but was still a little f*cker. I wonder if he's there too. That guy was a shit. But those other dudes, all very cool.

I used to get facebook notifications from the mafia group/posters because I must be friends on Facebook with them, but I blocked all that facebook stuff from my email as I look at the shitty site once or twice a year. From what I saw of what was going on there, it seemed completely impractical to me too.

As long as HH exists, I will be here and won't bother looking elsewhere, even if it dwindles down to just me posting into the abyss. I like this forum and the peeps here and the ease of discussing anything at a time, and resurrecting old discussions if need be.

As fas as I can see, for what we're all here for, this is the best and easiest way to go about it.