Sunstorm - Edge Of Tomorrow

Stefan

11665455_1015770928478958_45700556613489

Press release:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the release of SUNSTORM’s fourth album entitled “Edge of Tomorrow” on May 13th, 2016.

SUNSTORM is Joe Lynn Turner's succesful AOR / Melodic Rock project, something that came about for the first time in 2006 when Frontiers President Serafino Perugino wanted to dig up some unreleased gems that JLT wrote during the late 80’s and early 90’s.

The very good reviews and acclaim which surrounded the debut self-titled release was the fuel that ignited three more records, until the project was momentarily shelved when Joe started working on the Rated X supergroup with Tony Franklin and Carmine Appice.

After the release of the RATED X album, Joe wanted to go back to the more melodic material of SUNSTORM, but also wanted to retain some of the harder edge which the RATED X album had. So he asked producer and songwriter Alessandro Del Vecchio (Hardline, Edge of Forever) to come up with some new songs in that vein. Del Vecchio joined forces with Simone Mularoni, guitar player of Italian prog metallers DGM. Together they developed songs which were exactly what Joe wanted, so it was a natural process to move forward and record another SUNSTORM album. As usual, other songwriters, such as Soren Kronqvist and Daniel Palmqvist completed the array of individuals involved.

Joe Lynn Turner says: “This new Sunstorm album is the best of the series! We went harder... stronger... and heavier than ever before without losing the integrity of what the project is about...I call it Melodic Metal! The songs are very well crafted, the messages are profound, the performances amazing..and the sound is incredible! All involved can be very proud of such a great music. I urge anyone who loves great music to check out "Edge of Tomorrow", you won't be disappointed!”

The resulting album shows a slightly new direction for SUNSTORM, which still features organic and very strong melodies as a trademark. Enjoy!

SUNSTORM
Joe Lynn Turner – Lead Vocals
Alessandro Del Vecchio, Hammond organ, keyboards, backing vocals
Simone Mularoni, guitars
Nik Mazzucconi, bass
Francesco Jovino, drums

12742175_1015770855145632_38284851685360

Tracks:

1. Don’t Walk Away From A Goodbye
2. Edge Of Tomorrow
3. Nothing Left To Say
4. Heart Of The Storm
5. The Sound Of Goodbye
6. The Darkness Of This Dawn
7. You Hold Me Down
8. Angel Eyes
9. Everything You’ve Got
10. Tangled In Blue
11. Burning Fire

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said in another thread, I am really going to be broke this year!!!

So he asked producer and songwriter Alessandro Del Vecchio (Hardline, Edge of Forever) to come up with some new songs in that vein.

Got excited as i love the Sunstorm releases but argh... Another Del Vecchio project with hired Italian musicians! Decent songwriter, but he is on every second album at the moment and the songs are starting to all sound the same. That has turned me off.

What happened to the PC69 guys?!

Oh, man. They airbrushed the shit outta his face.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Surely thats a painting not a photo...

You guys could see a face underneath all that??

Anyway, the "melodic metal" thing worries me too. If they stick to the formula of the previous Sunstorm albums this will be great, as always. I hope they do...

So he asked producer and songwriter Alessandro Del Vecchio (Hardline, Edge of Forever) to come up with some new songs in that vein.

Got excited as i love the Sunstorm releases but argh... Another Del Vecchio project with hired Italian musicians! Decent songwriter, but he is on every second album at the moment and the songs are starting to all sound the same. That has turned me off.

What happened to the PC69 guys?!

Exactly! I thought I was the only one...

• 3 weeks later...

Love the production. Cool solos. Chorus a bit underwhelming for me tho.

Stop taking the words out of my mouth!!! lol

Yeah, the chorus isn't much to gawk at, but it's a good song. I like it. And it definitely ain't no melodic metal.

• 4 weeks later...