VEGA - Who We Are

Stefan

12711037_1014267375295980_33442984860730

Press release from Frontiers Music:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is excited to announce the release of VEGA's fourth studio album “Who We Are” on May 13th, 2016.

VEGA is really one of the few bands who successfully manage to mix in their music the heritage of the great Melodic Rock bands of the 80’s and 90’s with a very contemporary approach to songwriting and production. VEGA is indeed one of the few bands that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and give you that butterflies in your stomach excitement as you listen to the songs on an album for the first time. And with their fourth studio album, “Who We Are”, once again for the Frontiers label, VEGA manage again to create a magic formula with 11 concise and riveting songs that rock from start to finish and will leave you wanting more!

“We always try to push the envelope with each record that we do and this one is no different. We have put in all of our different musical influences into every song and what has come out of it is undoubtedly VEGA but a VEGA that is bigger than ever!” says singer Nick Workman.

Brothers Tom and James Martin say: “We're thrilled with how this record came out. We were in a fortunate position where we could fly Harry Hess over from Canada to produce the record. We spent the best part of 3 weeks with Harry at Monnow Valley Studios in Wales perfecting this record. There was laughter, blood, sweat and tears along the way and even a hospital visit, but what a great time we had! And to be recording where the likes of Queen, Led Zeppelin Official, Oasis and Black Sabbath have recorded was incredibly inspiring.”

“The ballad 'Nothing Lasts Forever' is a stand out for me.” adds keyboard player James Martin. ”It's a huge piano ballad with Queen and The Beatles influences and Harry really went to town on the production of this song.”

Tom Martin says: "This is probably our most diverse record and that's what we tried for when choosing the songs. Each song has its own identity and we probably have the heaviest and softest songs we have ever recorded and everything in between. That gives you an idea of how strong the material is on this record."

VEGA will embark on a tour upon the new album’s release with UK Rock veterans MAGNUM. “Who We Are” truly sees the band taking their song writing and performance to the next level. Be sure to catch the guys on tour!

VEGA:

Nick Workman - Vocals
Tom Martin - Guitars
Dan Chantrey - Drums
James Martin - Keyboards
Marcus Thurston – Guitars

12729115_1014267381962646_63832382763365

Tracks:

Explode

We Got It All

Every Little Monster

Nothing Is Forever

White Flag

For Our Sins

Generation Now

Ignite

Savin' Grace

If Not You

Hurts So Bad

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, they are the best, most consistent and exciting band at the moment. Love all their output and really can't wait to hear this one. The cover's interesting. Shame they're such an old and unattractive band, but it's cool. I like it.

For me, they are the best, most consistent and exciting band at the moment. Love all their output and really can't wait to hear this one. The cover's interesting. Shame they're such an old and unattractive band, but it's cool. I like it.

I'm lookin forward to it...then again I'm old and unattractive as well lol :)

• 3 weeks later...

Cool tune.

So these official lyric videos. Who does these? Are they officially done in place of an olden day "proper" video?

Great track and Nick's voice sounds alright. I'll be honest his voice is the only thing that really holds me back from loving VEGA.

Let the onslaught of OMG, I love Nick! You don't know anything begin!

Not a Vega fan at all, but this is a really good song. Easily there best song for me.

Not a Vega fan at all, but this is a really good song. Easily there best song for me.

Better than every song on their last two albums, in my opinion.

If the entire album sounds like this track, I might pony-up and buy it.

Personally id say any of the first 7 or 8 tracks on Stereo Messiah stands up to this track.

Still a great track tho.

Personally id say any of the first 7 or 8 tracks on Stereo Messiah stands up to this track.

Still a great track tho.

+1

Perhaps.

Still a great track tho.

Plus the the 7 or 8 tracks on 'What the hell.'

Seriously guys, let's not be really silly here, because that's just really silly. I was actually a bit lukewarm about the new song... though I think it's good. But it is not even in the same playing field as stuff like this;

... and I couldn't find a video for 'Cry' on youtube. And then add the 7-8 songs from 'Stereo Messiah' too.

But seriously, come on guys. Don't be silly, because this is really silly. As a huge fan of the band, I will give you the hot tip. And no politically correct "to each their owns" or rubbish like that either. The new song is nice, but easily in the lower 1/4 of Vega's overall output so far. They have so many amazing songs and you're going to chime in on this thread after supposedly hating them so far and all of a sudden you like this "okay" (by their standards) song? It's rubbish, guys.

Just like the dudes who comment on Steel Panther without obviously ever having sat down and listened to a full album, just stop it. Go listen to 'What the hell' and 'Stereo Messiah' in full and then make your comments. They are fucking brilliant albums, and a hell of a lot better than this good new song... but not that good.

Sorry for the rant, but some dudes have got to me lately. Know the shit you're being critical of before making a scene of it.

I agree, but think you are going a little far with that rant.

I can understand folk liking the new song - its a very good to great song (prob 8.5/10....perhaps higher with repeat listens and in the context of the full album)

All I was saying was that the previous albums tracks are easily as good if not better

The new track is up there tho - I love and it and am stoked for the new album.