VEGA - Who We Are

Stefan

I agree, but think you are going a little far with that rant.

I can understand folk liking the new song - its a very good to great song (prob 8.5/10....perhaps higher with repeat listens and in the context of the full album)

All I was saying was that the previous albums tracks are easily as good if not better

The new track is up there tho - I love and it and am stoked for the new album.

I never go too far with a rant. Not far enough, in fact. ;)

Knowing this band well, I just can't possibly grasp how this new song could change your mind on this band if the banquet of amazing stuff they have released hasn't done it.

In fact, I'd love for people to spell it out for me. What is it about this song that the other Vega songs are missing?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but think you are going a little far with that rant.

I can understand folk liking the new song - its a very good to great song (prob 8.5/10....perhaps higher with repeat listens and in the context of the full album)

All I was saying was that the previous albums tracks are easily as good if not better

The new track is up there tho - I love and it and am stoked for the new album.

I never go too far with a rant. Not far enough, in fact. ;)

Knowing this band well, I just can't possibly grasp how this new song could change your mind on this band if the banquet of amazing stuff they have released hasn't done it.

In fact, I'd love for people to spell it out for me. What is it about this song that the other Vega songs are missing?

Buddy, while I'm with your side of the argument, I 'd like to establish a connection that the chorus-hook makes with one of my all time favorite Nietzschean aphorisms. And while I remind this to myself, then the flashy solo starts...

Not a Vega fan at all, but this is a really good song. Easily there best song for me.

Better than every song on their last two albums, in my opinion.

If the entire album sounds like this track, I might pony-up and buy it.

Personally id say any of the first 7 or 8 tracks on Stereo Messiah stands up to this track.

Still a great track tho.

Plus the the 7 or 8 tracks on 'What the hell.'

Seriously guys, let's not be really silly here, because that's just really silly. I was actually a bit lukewarm about the new song... though I think it's good. But it is not even in the same playing field as stuff like this;

... and I couldn't find a video for 'Cry' on youtube. And then add the 7-8 songs from 'Stereo Messiah' too.

But seriously, come on guys. Don't be silly, because this is really silly. As a huge fan of the band, I will give you the hot tip. And no politically correct "to each their owns" or rubbish like that either. The new song is nice, but easily in the lower 1/4 of Vega's overall output so far. They have so many amazing songs and you're going to chime in on this thread after supposedly hating them so far and all of a sudden you like this "okay" (by their standards) song? It's rubbish, guys.

Just like the dudes who comment on Steel Panther without obviously ever having sat down and listened to a full album, just stop it. Go listen to 'What the hell' and 'Stereo Messiah' in full and then make your comments. They are fucking brilliant albums, and a hell of a lot better than this good new song... but not that good.

Sorry for the rant, but some dudes have got to me lately. Know the shit you're being critical of before making a scene of it.

I'm sorry, I keep forgetting that I have to like what everyone else likes!!!! I will NOT apologize for not being a Vega fan, I just don't care for them. They are by no means bad, they seem to be good at what they do, they just don't do it for me. The new song is pretty good like I said and that is it.

Ha ha yeah. Not that ive listened to Pyromania for like an eternity.

How very dare sir!!! I prescribe a spin of it immediately...then take it 4 times a day every 4 hours :)

if symptoms persist spin it again :)

I'm sorry, I keep forgetting that I have to like what everyone else likes!!!! I will NOT apologize for not being a Vega fan, I just don't care for them. They are by no means bad, they seem to be good at what they do, they just don't do it for me. The new song is pretty good like I said and that is it.

Couldn't care less if anyone here likes or dislikes the band. I really don't care. I just hate shit that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. As someone who is a massive fan of the band, all I am saying is that I can assure you that this new track is not some amazing ray of shining light... something completely 180 degrees opposite to what they have recorded before and to how they sound and what they stand for.

It's a middle range track for them. Like I said above, I'd genuinely find it interesting for a hater of the band to describe to me what it is about this song that they like, whilst they hate the amazing songs that are in their discography.

Couldn't care less if anyone here likes or dislikes the band. I really don't care. I just hate shit that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. As someone who is a massive fan of the band, all I am saying is that I can assure you that this new track is not some amazing ray of shining light... something completely 180 degrees opposite to what they have recorded before and to how they sound and what they stand for.

It's a middle range track for them. Like I said above, I'd genuinely find it interesting for a hater of the band to describe to me what it is about this song that they like, whilst they hate the amazing songs that are in their discography.

I LOVE when people assume and/or put words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say I HATE the band. I did say they were good at what they do, but they are not for me. And for someone who "doesn't care" if other people like them or not, you seem to like to keep talking about it. It's all yours buddy. We usually agree on a lot of stuff and have some what of the same taste, but as soon as someone disagrees with you watch out!!! Have a great day.

I LOVE when people assume and/or put words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say I HATE the band. I did say they were good at what they do, but they are not for me. And for someone who "doesn't care" if other people like them or not, you seem to like to keep talking about it. It's all yours buddy. We usually agree on a lot of stuff and have some what of the same taste, but as soon as someone disagrees with you watch out!!! Have a great day.

You're obviously not getting my point here at all, so we'll leave it at that, hey. I have no issues with you so there's no need to make this into something. If you settle down a bit later on, have a good read over what I was actually saying and hopefully it sinks in.

For the record, a lot of people here disagree with me and after I break their arms and legs and wrap their spines around their throats we have no issues at all, so not sure where you're going with that one.

You're obviously not getting my point here at all, so we'll leave it at that, hey. I have no issues with you so there's no need to make this into something. If you settle down a bit later on, have a good read over what I was actually saying and hopefully it sinks in.

For the record, a lot of people here disagree with me and after I break their arms and legs and wrap their spines around their throats we have no issues at all, so not sure where you're going with that one.

I have no issues at all. You posted a bunch of songs stating that the haters like the new song but don't like the past songs/albums. Like I said, I don't really think they are bad just don't do much for me, but the new song sounded decent. Lets just go about our business and rock on man! \m/

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, gotta say, I don't really love that one. It's okay at best, but I expect a hell of a lot better from Vega than that. I'm assuming that'll be the weakest song on the album.

Hmmm, gotta say, I don't really love that one. It's okay at best, but I expect a hell of a lot better from Vega than that. I'm assuming that'll be the weakest song on the album.

Really???? I love that song.

I was listening to the new Treat earlier which is really good - but in a way so generic - then listened to the 2 new Vega songs and thought to myself....wow, the newer more modern approach and style is so much more appealing.

To me in any case.

Really???? I love that song.

I was listening to the new Treat earlier which is really good - but in a way so generic - then listened to the 2 new Vega songs and thought to myself....wow, the newer more modern approach and style is so much more appealing.

To me in any case.

I love all things Vega... except that latest song. Yeah, just seems really average by their standards. The verses are especially dull.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I love the 2 songs released so far - they would easily feature in my favourite tunes of 2016.

Can't wait for this one to land mid May.

To Whom It May Concern:

VEGA is a band that loves the late 80's melodic rock music and that's a thing that reflects in its music with each album. Having already released three extremely interesting and high quality melodic rock records, UK rockers are back again with their brand new opus which is entitled "Who We Are".
"We wear our love of 80's rock music on our sleeve, but we also have injected our love of modern rock music to it. We aren't trying to rehash anything: the sound we have achieved is 100% VEGA. We didn't want to try and guess what people expect and get it wrong," says singer Nick Workman.
As in their previous records, the same here VEGA delivers a well-crafted album full of beautiful melodies, catchy songs and superb performances. The winning team of VEGA consists of Nick Workman (vocals), Tom Martin (guitars), Daniel Chantrey (drums), James Martin (keyboards) and Marcus Thurston (guitars).
The album kicks-off with the amazing and in-your-face rocker of "Explode". This is an explosive modern melodic rock anthem that features edgy guitars, a catchy chorus line and powerful vocals. In "We Got It All" we have a classic Vega song and that means that the boys deliver a brilliant and extremely catchy tune with a huge harmony and again some tasty guitar licks. "Every Little Monster" and we have another winner out of the new record while in "For Our Sins" the classic melodic rock sound of the 80's make its appearance stronger than ever!! "Generation Now" is punchier with an explosive chorus line and Nick Workman's passionate vocals on front row!!! Check out also the fantastic and feel-good tune of "Hurt So Bad" and the sure thing is that you will stick with this album for days!!!!
VEGA is back with their best album to-date! With these guys one thing is clear; pure and up-tempo melodic rock at its best! One of the true highlights of 2016!!! Buy or die!!!
Rating : 10/10
Track Listing :
“Explode”
“We Got It All”
“Every Little Monster”
“Nothing Is Forever”
“White Flag”
“For Our Sins”
“Generation Now”
“Ignite”
“Savin' Grace”
“If Not You”“Hurts So Bad”

http://heavyparadise.blogspot.com.cy/2016/04/review-vega-who-we-are-2016.html

Yeah, can't wait for this one. Whatever becomes of this year in general, I feel like the top (hopefully) 10 will be very strong. The rest... who knows? But when 2016 is good it's good.