VEGA - Who We Are

Stefan

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, that is rather magnificent. I'm getting the impression this album is going to be a more uptempo rocking album with fewer of the more subtle melodic / AOR moments. As long as they're all like that song, I'm ready for the ride. :)

Roll on release day when I can actually get downloads from Frontiers. I refuse to even look at or listen to the streaming-only promo clips. Their new promo model really sucks.

Oh well, at least they're making promo downloads available after release. Would suck even worse if they didn't (which is what I initially thought they were doing; no downloads at all).

Roll on release day when I can actually get downloads from Frontiers. I refuse to even look at or listen to the streaming-only promo clips. Their new promo model really sucks.

Oh well, at least they're making promo downloads available after release. Would suck even worse if they didn't (which is what I initially thought they were doing; no downloads at all).

Not meant as a slur on you Dan but whenever this is raised on facebook or the like i am always amazed by the sheer number of replies from people who are reviewing, running blogs, radio stations, working for websites and god knows what else ....it is truly mindblowing how many freebie copies must be made available.

Sometimes in this tiny genre i think there are more people reviewing/promoting than there are fans.

;)

I agree that virtually anyone can call themselves a reviewer/promoter. I would think this was a much bigger issue back when labels were shipping out physical CDs for promotions, which no one does anymore. Yes, some of the distribution platforms, e.g., Haulix charge the label on a per-download basis so there *IS* a cost, but I believe it is considerably less than the cost of the physical CDs plus packaging and shipping (especially for international recipients).

In terms of lost sales, however, one has to ask how many of the recipients would actually be shelling out for the music if they weren't receiving it on a promotional basis? I'm guessing that many, if not most, wouldn't purchase anyway, so it is not lost revenue (unless you factor in some of these people uploading to torrents/fileshareing, etc., which is indeed lost revenue).

I look at it form the standpoint of someone who has been on Frontiers' promo list for over 15 years, if not directly, then through the third party agencies representing Frontiers in the U.S. market. It's just more difficult now. Also, let's face it: music websites, blogs, and reviews play FAR less of a role today than they did 5-15 years ago. Everything is available online as samples, if not complete songs, through Amazon, iTunes, and Youtube. There's little incentive for the labels to do active promotions the way they once did, when labels relied on music outlets to spread the word.

Nice tune. The first of the more traditionally melodic Vega tunes I know and love. I think 'Explode' is still my favourite song so far, but that's a really nice song... if not slightly generic in terms of Martin Bros output, if I'm being 1000% honest.

• 2 weeks later...

No encounters with ISSA so far... what a little monster is this cd... It's a shame I only have some cheap processo in my eurocave...Let's see the bottom of the inning now...Fingers crossed: To generations of champagne starving to get uncorked...

The melodies these guys produce are just great. Only one 'weaker' tune for me, the rest are magic.

Dying for the 28th now to see these guys live again!!!!

Amazing album, it's not easy to produce 4 consecutive great albums, kudos to them, love this one and surely belongs in the top 10 of everyone here

hey Glen so far what song you think is the weakest ? i'm only 1 spin so far but I think maybe it's either 'Generation Now' or 'If Not You' ?

I still rated both at 8.5 and the rest are higher

Amazing album, it's not easy to produce 4 consecutive great albums, kudos to them, love this one and surely belongs in the top 10 of everyone here

hey Glen so far what song you think is the weakest ? i'm only 1 spin so far but I think maybe it's either 'Generation Now' or 'If Not You' ?

I still rated both at 8.5 and the rest are higher

Yeah i think mine was Ignite but only because the 7 tracks which preceeded it were amazing.

Im sure with more spins that song is cool too.

Love If Not You....great melody change in that song :)

Generation + Ignite are both flawless. It's not their fault if you cannot feel it...

Ignite starts nuclear fusion from nothing.

Actually, I can't see 1-7-8-11 under 100/100.

If not you + ballad easily under 90.

Generation + Ignite are both flawless. It's not their fault if you cannot feel it...

'Weaker' is the key word ;)

Ie 8.5 instead of 9.5

Its only one spin though.....i'll update you again at the end of June. Half yearly results :)

Ie 8.5 instead of 9.5

Its only one spin though.....i'll update you again at the end of June. Half yearly results :)

Yeah, surely, I've been spinning the goddamned thing for 12th consecutive time and I love all the tracks ( for my ratings this means all are above 85). This will be my 5th purchase of the year.

Ie 8.5 instead of 9.5

Yeah, surely, I've been spinning the goddamned thing for 12th consecutive time and I love all the tracks ( for my ratings this means all are above 85). This will be my 5th purchase of the year.

Ok maybe not end of June.

2nd spin....God its good.