Do you have any "favourite" pop songs from 2015?

Geoff

Random shitty thread, but I'm curious. Are there others out there like me who get subjected to the radio every time they travel anywhere in the car with their wife or significant other? Surely I can't be the only one.

So, if you're all out there and you have to sit through this mindless shit every time, have any songs at all stood out from the pack this year, where you'd had to sit there and admit that - after hearing the song for the 17th time in the one hour you've been in the car - that 'hey, I actually don't hate this song.'

For me, there were three this year which I probably once would have been embarrassed to admit I liked, but fuck it. I really don't give a shit about trivial shit like this anymore. I just liked these songs whether it's rad or not;

Love these two (am I tripping, or is the chorus melody very similar in both);

And I did eventually have to admit I just really enjoyed when this was on the radio;

I avoid exposure to current "pop" music like the plague...unless, of course, it's being sung by a hot chick. Then I just watch the video on YouTube with the sound turned off. :D

• My Little Pony

You already know that I listen to shitty Pop music.

Oh, but I just went back and read your post, and I should say I've never heard these on radio (because I don't listen to radio), and I doubt they get played on mainstream radio.

Yep i get exposed to it all the time...basically just play my daughters stuff in the car.

My fav this year - although its not a new tune is.....

Katy Perry - Hummingbird Heartbeat.

Its just brilliant - would love to hear a band like WoA cover it with a rock edge.

Loads of good tunes out of the usual HH style stuff. Here's some of my fave songs this year, from some great albums, all of which, if I were doing a fully inclusive end of year list outside of the HH boundaries, would make it in there, so absolutely no embarassment for these whatsoever

I listen to the radio every day at work, these come to mind as good songs they've played over the year.

Oh yeah, man, that's my shit. As I made my post I had it in my head that there was one other borderline track... this is it. I also like this one too.

And yeah, Karpetface, I was definitely more talking along the lines of the kind of shit that you turn on the radio for one hour and you're guaranteed to hear a particular song. I'm sure people like some weird shit here, but I was just talking about the huge radio hits of 2015.

And to the haters, it's not meant to be a thread about great music to check out. Just a thing that happens in my life having a wife and kids who amazingly don't like the same music as me. I know I'm not the only one and was just curious about others who are honest enough to just admit that, hey, I know it's not "cool," but if I have to sit here for a couple of hours on weekends and listen to this shit (and 99.9% of it is just utter garbage) with my wife and children, I guess I just don't actually mind this particular tune. ;)

Hey, not hating...they're just shit. Got a wife that loves pop and 3 young kids, the eldest who brings home tracks that his primary teachers play, or they learn choreography to.

That said there's no uptown funk instant gratification in the few I clicked on. To me just goes to show that unless it's an amazing track you need repeated exposure to appreciate if its out of ur comfort zone!

• My Little Pony

That said there's no uptown funk instant gratification in the few I clicked on. To me just goes to show that unless it's an amazing track you need repeated exposure to appreciate if its out of ur comfort zone!

Yuuup.

As a DJ, I'm always exposed to this bullshit. Very few tracks ever grab me after one listen, but given enough time -- and finding the right remix -- I usually can endure a night of Top 40. One night, though.

Random shitty thread, but I'm curious. Are there others out there like me who get subjected to the radio every time they travel anywhere in the car with their wife or significant other? Surely I can't be the only one.

So, if you're all out there and you have to sit through this mindless shit every time, have any songs at all stood out from the pack this year, where you'd had to sit there and admit that - after hearing the song for the 17th time in the one hour you've been in the car - that 'hey, I actually don't hate this song.'

For me, there were three this year which I probably once would have been embarrassed to admit I liked, but fuck it. I really don't give a shit about trivial shit like this anymore. I just liked these songs whether it's rad or not;

Love these two (am I tripping, or is the chorus melody very similar in both);

And I did eventually have to admit I just really enjoyed when this was on the radio;

Yes..... those two extremely gay pop songs do sound similar.

I thought this was going to be a cool thread, until I started listening to the songs :)

+1

Uh, not to point out the blatantly obvious, but the contents of the thread... uh, they match exactly what the thread title suggests. Just, uh, pointing out the obvious. ;)

I thought this was going to be a cool thread, until I started listening to the songs :)

+1

Uh, not to point out the blatantly obvious, but the contents of the thread... uh, they match exactly what the thread title suggests. Just, uh, pointing out the obvious. ;)

Exactly my thoughts Geoff. This is pop songs played on the radio. Hits of 2015. Or shits of 2015 to most of you...

No. Which is unusual. Not sure why I've been so isolated this year but really rarely heard the radio and the stuff my kids play is mind numbingly dreadful.

Usually there's a song or two that catches my attention but can't think of any this year.

• My Little Pony

+1

I came here expecting Pop songs, but all I heard were Pop songs. Fuck this shit!!

Oh wow mate, can we switch radio stations? Are Mariana's Trench actually big somewhere in the world? Good luck to them. I think those two are absolutely stunning songs off a very hit and miss album. Thing is, that's what you expect with them. I have heard all their albums and have a small handful of songs I absolutely love, and the rest I hate. :lol: But you know a band knows how to write a magnificent song when you keep following them when you know you're only going to get 2-4 keepers off any new album.

As for the Foxes tune, never heard of them but I like that song.