Shotgun Messiah - S/T & Second Coming reissued through Divebomb

DaHun72

As per the title. Not sure about the remastering etc as both of these sounded great first time around. Good chance for anyone who doesn't have them to grab them new at a decent price.

Released mid May.

Divebomb are great. Picked up a couple of the scanner reissues a couple of years back. Totally legit, silver pressed and lots of effort into the entire package.

I'll be picking up Second Coming, THAT'S for sure ... one of my favourite albums.

I have the Casanova CD too. I still have the original because it's hard to part with, but when I play the CD I reach for the Divebomb version because of the bonus tracks.

Are the SM re-issues just straight re-issues, or will there be bonus tracks on those? Two very different albums, but both classics, in my opinion. 'Heartbreak Blvd' is basically the blueprint for the perfect hard rock song.

Hells yeah, I'll be getting "Second Coming." I've been putting up with a P.O.S. cd-r copy of that one for too damn long.

I have a couple of Divebomb's 80s thrash reissues (Dominance and Solitude) and they're both killer packages, totally class, soup to nuts.

I may pick up Second Coming if there are bonus tracks...

No bonus tracks on either album so if you already have the original CDs I guess you can pass.

Just ordered the pair. I was gonna pass on the re-ish of the first album cuz I never cared for it much back in the day (mainly cuz Zinny Zan couldn't carry a tune in a bucket) but after listening to a couple of songs on YouTube just now I went "Ehhh, what the hell," and pulled the trigger on that one too.

The label site sez they're expected to ship on May 15th... so hopefully they'll be in my hands in time for my birthday on the 22nd. :banana:

I may pick up Second Coming if there are bonus tracks...

No bonus tracks on either album so if you already have the original CDs I guess you can pass.

Just ordered the pair. I was gonna pass on the re-ish of the first album cuz I never cared for it much back in the day (mainly cuz Zinny Zan couldn't carry a tune in a bucket) but after listening to a couple of songs on YouTube just now I went "Ehhh, what the hell," and pulled the trigger on that one too.

The label site sez they're expected to ship on May 15th... so hopefully they'll be in my hands in time for my birthday on the 22nd. :banana:

Second Coming is definitely better but there are some great songs on the debut. Don't Care 'Bout Nothin', Nervous, Nowhere Fast, I'n Your Love. Just killer tunes, and I really like the instrumental and I usually hate those. The sound could use some help so it's cool it is getting re-issued. Second Coming was perfect the way it is.

I don't understand why they don't add some bonus tracks. You know there are some things not released out there. Not to mention even demo's would have been cool.

Yeah, I'm sure someone would have tried. I wonder who the "SM camp" consists of these days.

I guess I can see that side of it. Both albums are excellent as they are and putting dodgy raw demos or underwhelming left over tracks on the end of them could take away from them, rather than add.

Red Hot is fucking Red Hot!! who ever thought anyone could glorify the use of heroin in such a fabulous way? Harry Cody has been, and still is now for going on 25 years, my 3rd favorite guitarist, I mean the man is fucking brilliant, I have a very different scale on which I naturally determine what a guitarist does to catch my attention, and one of the most massive indicators is unique and detectable sound and playing style, which I find very hard to determine let alone accomplish, when I can put a song on, without ever hearing it before, and know without knowing simply by hearing them play, that is the big bingo to me, there are literally a handful of these guitarists out there, Harry Cody is one of these incredibly rare individuals, his work on Second Coming is not only legendary, IMO of course, but absolutely brilliant, and almost unbelievable, and the only reason he is not #2 on my list, is simply not enough work, he hasn't played on enough albums for me to consider him my #2, if that wasn't a factor, and I went by simply style alone, he would easily be #2, for any of you who for whatever reason never heard Second Coming, and you have an affinity for guitar work that stands out levels above any other album of the genre, but doesn't by any means obstruct the actual song, then you need to get this fucker checked out ASAP!! not to mention, if your into just plain good old commercial style Hard Rock, then it's also a pretty fucking killer CD as well, most of the songs are good songs, there a couple fillers, and most people who are huge fans of the debut, rightfully didn't get into SC, which I completely understand, as they did a total shift in style, and dropped the Sleaze angle, but I am a huge fan of Tim Skold, talk to his daughter frequently, she keeps me informed on what he's up to, (and last phone call informed me his brand new release which he was practically 3 days away from releasing, was shelved then permanently sacked due to the label that was going to release the physical release, trying to fuck him in the ass on the royalties) this absolutely gut punched me, as I had heard the samples and thought his return to Hard Rock sounded mind blowing, and Harry Cody doing the guitar work was 25 years in the making, figured some shit like that would happen, anyways, I wont be getting this, I own the original, no bonus tracks, never believed the sound quality to be anything but listenable, which was fine for this album, so there's really no incentive to buying this, maybe if the S/T is getting a remaster, I would possibly pick it up, since I kind of thought the debut sounded a little thin, but for the most part sounded good enough that It wouldn't be worth buying this new one if it were anything but a reasonable price, anyways enough of my rambling, obviously this is a highly touted album from my standpoint, but really, what do I know? absolutely shit, I don't know a fucking thing, and basically just insert my 3 cents anywhere I find an opening, so you really should probably not take my opinion into account when contemplating the purchase of this album, but what do I know? fucking NOTHING!! so there ya go.

Tim Skold, talk to his daughter frequently, she keeps me informed on what he's up to, (and last phone call informed me his brand new release which he was practically 3 days away from releasing, was shelved then permanently sacked due to the label that was going to release the physical release, trying to fuck him in the ass on the royalties) this absolutely gut punched me, as I had heard the samples and thought his return to Hard Rock sounded mind blowing, and Harry Cody doing the guitar work was 25 years in the making,

Can you clarify what you're saying here, player? You're not saying that Harry Cody played guitar on Tim Skold's brand new shelved project?

Also, what was the name of the project? And who was the label? Was it an 80's style hard rock album, or modern styled hard rock?