I find your lack of faith disturbing...

heavyharmonies

Never been a fan.

Hawaaaah???? Dafuq? :yikes:

:baneed:

Seriously, how can anyone in our age demographic NOT be a fan? A seminal film (if not series of films) that ushered in a new era in science fiction movies. The special effects in the original movie were unlike anything seen before. 10 academy award nominations, winning 6... something science fiction movies just didn't do.

I never went to the extent of going to conventions or fandom ala Trekkies, but I remember going to see the original movie in the theatre in 1977. The theatre sold out and had people sitting in the aisles... something else that never happened.

Those people who are younger that only experienced it for the first time on video tape or DVD likely can't appreciate what that film was. It's our era's "Wizard of Oz" (first time color film was used in a motion picture).

Not a fan? :hammer:

Han! Chewie! Most importantly... no sign of Jar Jar Binks!

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Wow, a trailer for a December release... they're getting in early. I have still only ever seen the first 3 and enjoyed them when I was a kid but have not seen them in over 20 years. I guess it'd be cool to see them and however many new ones there are one day, but never was much of a sci-fi fan, I gotta say.

I imagine the special effects on this new one would be pretty out of this world, though.

Fudge ya!

Dan,I echo your sentiments. When I was a wee one and that film came out it certainly changed the way America saw films. Totally epic! The holy trilogy baby!

And yes seeing Harry Ford all Han'd out again and the voice over in the trailer by Mark Hamill, shit "geek out"!

I am/was apprehensive, but eternally hopeful!

I wonder now that John Williams has passed who will be assigned that epic task of creating the perfect score?

"Chewie, were home."

• My Little Pony

Wow, a trailer for a December release... they're getting in early.

Are they? That's been common practice for a while. Hell, the Batman vs Superman trailer dropped the same day, but it's not out til next year.

I imagine the special effects on this new one would be pretty out of this world, though.

Most of it will be practical effects. They built a ton of props, life-sized X-wings and Millennium Falcon, and massive sets. And I believe they're using a lot of matte paintings, as well.

• My Little Pony

Looking forward to this,goose pimples watched that movie trailer :)

btw that game looks f**king epic!

Honestly, I'm not even sure what I'm more excited for. Only because I've been waiting on this game longer than I have this film. It's been in development hell for years.

• My Little Pony

I'm really looking forward to this. Bought the blu-ray box set of the first six films last year. Brilliant films!

Nah, you need the DVD set with the original theatrical releases. None of the added bullshit.

• My Little Pony

Somebody took the first trailer, cut it up, and inserted into the second trailer.

Also, Rogue One finally was announced. We heard about it last month, and were told it was about mercenaries. Now we know that this film follows those mercenaries as they steal the plans for the first Death Star. If this short teaser is any indication, this could be a dark film in the Star Wars saga.

https://vid.me/4eLe

• My Little Pony

I like Star Wars but the episode IV-V-VI are the essentials one and I can live without the first three :D

I'm sure we all feel the same.

You guys should stop being weird and just call the first three the first three, and the next three the next three. It seems ridiculous to call movies made 30 years later (or whatever it was) the first movies over the ones what were recorded 30 years earlier. Yes, I get the whole prequel concept, but it's very silly in this case.

I'd be lying if I said that mixed trailer version didn't give me goosebumps. Will be epic when it comes out. First The Avengers and then Star Wars......should be a great, great year!! :-)