I find your lack of faith disturbing...

heavyharmonies

believe it or not, I never have seen Star Wars

I don't think my wife has. I haven't seen the "first three," if you must call them that.

• My Little Pony

I don't think my wife has. I haven't seen the "first three," if you must call them that.

I'm confused, now. What do you mean by "first three"? Episodes 1-3, or the original trilogy?

My kids tell me off if I call the first (1977) film 'Star Wars' ... I should be calling it 'A New Hope', apparently ...

I can remember queueing around the block with my Dad to see 'Star Wars' and 'The Empire Strikes Back' ... I can't watch 'Return Of The Jedi' now that Hayden Christensen has been added at the end instead of the guy who originally played Anakin ... thanks, George!

All the changes to the original three over the years don't bother me. I've seen the originals without additions and the latest additions recently and i like them both.

One of my earliest memories is from seeing A New Hope at the cinema with my dad. It's not a clear one though being only 2 and all :)

I'm confused, now. What do you mean by "first three"? Episodes 1-3, or the original trilogy?

The ones that were filmed first. They're the ones I've seen. Considering I last saw them 15-20 years ago, there's only really one option to answer that question. ;)

• My Little Pony

The ones that were filmed first. They're the ones I've seen. Considering I last saw them 15-20 years ago, there's only really one option to answer that question. ;)

And those are the only ones you need to see.

All the changes to the original three over the years don't bother me. I've seen the originals without additions and the latest additions recently and i like them both.

One of my earliest memories is from seeing A New Hope at the cinema with my dad. It's not a clear one though being only 2 and all :)

Aside from the addition of whiny, emo-boy to the end sequence of 'ROTJ', the one change that REALLY bothers me is the whole Han/Greedo scene ... George, mate - HAN SHOT FIRST!

Fair point.

Not so long ago there was a Star Wars convention in Lincoln and apparently Guido was the star there to meet. Star? really? :)

Looking soooo forward to this,seen the trailer last night on the big screen in the cinema and as has been mentioned elsewhere it gave me goosebumps,was almost in tears with excitement mmmhmmm :)

• My Little Pony

Looking soooo forward to this,seen the trailer last night on the big screen in the cinema and as has been mentioned elsewhere it gave me goosebumps,was almost in tears with excitement mmmhmmm :)

I'm trying not to get excited. I wanna go in with as low expectations as possible. But it's so difficult not to be hyped.

• 4 weeks later...

As long as they dont sell out again and make another EP I and II, with characters like Jar Jar Binks and 1 hour long scenes for pod racing, etc. EP III was decent, darker. IV, V and VI...what Dan said.

• 2 weeks later...

Never been a fan.

Hawaaaah???? Dafuq? :yikes:

:baneed:

Seriously, how can anyone in our age demographic NOT be a fan? A seminal film (if not series of films) that ushered in a new era in science fiction movies. The special effects in the original movie were unlike anything seen before. 10 academy award nominations, winning 6... something science fiction movies just didn't do.

I never went to the extent of going to conventions or fandom ala Trekkies, but I remember going to see the original movie in the theatre in 1977. The theatre sold out and had people sitting in the aisles... something else that never happened.

Those people who are younger that only experienced it for the first time on video tape or DVD likely can't appreciate what that film was. It's our era's "Wizard of Oz" (first time color film was used in a motion picture).

Not a fan? :hammer:

Fantastic post, completely agree (although the first one I actually saw at the cinema as a kid was Return of the Jedi).

Just looks awesome and the hairs of the back of my neck will be standing up when the music starts, just as they did the first time I saw The Phantom Menace. Hopefully this time, though, what follows won't be so disappointing. Can't wait.