Castronovo, Blades and Aldrich... Now I have something to look forward

gener8tr

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

I'm still waiting on this and a handful of albums from AOR Heaven. Been two or three weeks now.

Well, they're here!

• My Little Pony

I'm still waiting on this and a handful of albums from AOR Heaven. Been two or three weeks now.

Well, they're here!

hey buddy, i wonder where do you live ?

Not far enough... :whistle:

The feeling is mutual, Stefan.

;}

• My Little Pony

Well, they're here!

hey buddy, i wonder where do you live ?

Westcoast Canada.

• My Little Pony

sounds as cold as Finland huh ?

so how's your investigation into this CD mate ? :D

You're thinking of the East. Over here, it's been averaging 17 degrees all week. And this CD is somehow better than I anticipated.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Who boils a gallon of water anyways? Remember what the Diceman answered when his teacher asked him what the difference was between 6 and 3.That's right,teach what's the fuckin' difference between 6 and 3 .Now get over here and blow me !

For me, if this doesn't make my top 5, I can't wait until years end to see all the good stuff that came along and knocked off the list!

• My Little Pony

For me, if this doesn't make my top 5, I can't wait until years end to see all the good stuff that came along and knocked off the list!

Right! That's what excites me most. It's only March, and we already have something this good.

It's finally arrived, so will be playing the hell out of this over the next week (along with the new Toto)

• 2 weeks later...

Jeebus, the replayability on this album is VERY high. I just don't find myself tiring of it at all.

Favorite song on the album at the moment:

Great song. I do find myself skipping the ballads, but the rockers are fantastic! My fav is Locked Out Of Paradise.

• My Little Pony

"Here Forever" is my favourite, and only gets better with every play. My only complaint is I'd rather it be closer to six minutes long.

"Here Forever" is my favourite, and only gets better with every play. My only complaint is I'd rather it be closer to six minutes long.

What do you want to them to do for the extra minutes? Just repeat the chorus over and over again. Stupid comment. ;)

As for this album, I had a christian moment today. To clarify what that means, I am very proud of the music I listen to and wear it proudly like a fore on my head. However, I admit I am very embarrassed about my christian rock collection and it's kind of like my dirty little secret. I would never play any of it in front of anyone, and I close all the windows in the car when I listen to it in the car.

So I'm driving out the carpark at the station today after my car's sat in the sun all day on a very hot day, so I have all the windows down. On my jukebox is 'Dream On' by Revolution Saints and I near an intersection and he's droning on about "Never give up until you know that love is gong to save the day." So I did it. I wound up all the windows and quietly crept through the intersection in the sweltering heat.

And that little bit is a big mark against this CD for me. I actually really hate being embarrassed by the music I am supposed to like, and this lyrical part in that song is an absolute disgrace. I know it's one song and only a few lines, but he may as well be singing something about Jesus... it's that terrible.

Anyway, still don't dig the ballads much, the first song is sounding more tiring every time I listen to it, and overall I just don't get anywhere near the satisfaction from playing this as I do playing Care of Night, Issa or Santa Cruz.

On the plus side, I don't hand out 10's easily and 'Turn back time' is worth every part of it and still one of the best songs of the entire year. Just a shame the rest doesn't really work anywhere near as well as this one...

Ha ha, id wind up the windows & black them out if I was listening to ISSA.

Trust me mate thats far more embarrassing even if you dont realise it ;-)

Say what you will about her vocals, but those Martin guys are on a completely different and far superior planet of song writing ability compared to this album. Nothing at all embarrassing about excellent songs.

Say what you will about her vocals, but those Martin guys are on a completely different and far superior planet of song writing ability compared to this album. Nothing at all embarrassing about excellent songs.

the album is a cheesefest and she sounds like Hannah Montana (on a bad day)

There are about 2 songs which are reminescent of Vega songs, the rest sound like they were written specifically for her.

But dont let me put you off ;-)