Castronovo, Blades and Aldrich... Now I have something to look forward

gener8tr

Ahh, rubbish. So what do you think happens? These Martin guys put pen to paper for Vega and say, "I am going to write excellent melodic rock with this band." Then they/he gets to the notepad for his wife and he says, "Okay, not it's time to write some cheesy shit for my woman."

Rubbish, mate. The guy is an excellent song writer, and he is that whether he's writing for/with Vega, or Issa. If there is anything more cheesy than those ballads on the Revolution Saints disc, or the horrific lyrics on 'Dream On,' I will eat my foot and my arms and legs. I already promised my dogs and other stuff in other threads, so I'm keeping it closer to home this time.

Martin Bros = class.

Revolution Saints = sappy lyrics, horrific inspiro rubbish and bland balladry... as well as moments of musical brilliance in-between.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, rubbish. So what do you think happens? These Martin guys put pen to paper for Vega and say, "I am going to write excellent melodic rock with this band." Then they/he gets to the notepad for his wife and he says, "Okay, not it's time to write some cheesy shit for my woman."

Rubbish, mate. The guy is an excellent song writer, and he is that whether he's writing for/with Vega, or Issa. If there is anything more cheesy than those ballads on the Revolution Saints disc, or the horrific lyrics on 'Dream On,' I will eat my foot and my arms and legs. I already promised my dogs and other stuff in other threads, so I'm keeping it closer to home this time.

Martin Bros = class.

Revolution Saints = sappy lyrics, horrific inspiro rubbish and bland balladry... as well as moments of musical brilliance in-between.

get this......

I actually spoke to the Martin Bros at a recent Vega gig, and I said to them - what will the songs be like on the new ISSA disc and he said -

And I quote -

"well, we had one b-side like track left over from the Stereo Messiah recordings which I convinced her to use, but she insisted that I write some of the sappiest shit I've ever heard - who was I to argue??"

Gods honest truth.........

That's so weird, Glen, because I actually met the Martin Bros up here on the coast one day - apparently they were on holidays or something. Shooting a new video for Issa. I dunno, didn't get into specifics. But I also asked the same question, about what the songs on the new Issa album would be like.

And I quote -

"Well, we had a few tunes that we recorded with Vega which were fucking amazing, but a little lighter than the rest of the disc, so we decided to use them on the Issa disc. She also asked for some new, real fresh and awesome quality melodic rock / AOR too. And she'd actually just heard some demos for the upcoming Revolution Saints CD, and she specifically said, 'Please, just don't write shit as sappy and inspiro-driven as that crap. I just want good, strong melodic rock and please... not one ballad in every three songs. I hate really sappy, crap ballads, and there's this Glen guy on some forum somewhere who hates my voice and I think those ballads will showcase my vocals. So we'll just make the album mainly mid to uptempo, except for one ballad, where we'll get that muppet from FM to sing with me so I sound a bit better. Cool?' And then we had intercourse, which was pretty good, to be honest, so I wrote her a bunch of my best songs."

Honest to Christ that's what he told me. Word for word. Seriously.

On a side note tho, I saw Nick Workman and he told me that the Martin Bros were pissed as there was some dude posing as them down on the coast in Oz spouting all kinds of nonsense about the sappy shit they were writing for ISSA!!

Claiming it was awesome rock or some lies.

Hey ho....what some people will do eh??

• My Little Pony

"Here Forever" is my favourite, and only gets better with every play. My only complaint is I'd rather it be closer to six minutes long.

What do you want to them to do for the extra minutes? Just repeat the chorus over and over again. Stupid comment. ;)

Well, I wouldn't expect you to understand. You've proven, on numerous occasions, to not be musically inclined.

Ha ha, id wind up the windows & black them out if I was listening to ISSA.

Trust me mate thats far more embarrassing even if you dont realise it ;-)

Agree! lol

Martin Bros = class.

Martin Bros=Boring for me.

• My Little Pony

I'll admit I haven't listened to this as much as I'd like, so I'm trying to rectify that. Anyway, maybe it's just me, but I'm getting a serious Lion vibe from Aldrich's playing on a lot of these songs. Which is a very good thing, but, dammit, I wish those boys would reunite.

"Here Forever" is my favourite, and only gets better with every play. My only complaint is I'd rather it be closer to six minutes long.

What do you want to them to do for the extra minutes? Just repeat the chorus over and over again. Stupid comment. ;)

Well, I wouldn't expect you to understand. You've proven, on numerous occasions, to not be musically inclined.

And your tastes have proved flawless time and time again. Jamiroquai's latest album of awesome, awesome tunes still sitting well with you?

@ Glen. Weirdest thing. Nick Workman was playing an unannounced acoustic gig at the OB Pub here in Umina Beach. OB, for the uninitiated, of course, stands for Ocean Beach. Just ask Nick. Anyway, he was telling me he had to apologise to you as he thought there must have been Martin Bros impostors down here, but he found out they were the real deal. And he agreed with everything they told me.

He also said that the songs on the Issa disc were so good that he wished they'd been saved for the next Vega disc. Because they are so freakin' good.

• My Little Pony

And your tastes have proved flawless time and time again. Jamiroquai's latest album of awesome, awesome tunes still sitting well with you?

Musical taste and musical inclination are two different things. I wasn't challenging your musical taste, because such things are subjective.

• My Little Pony

This album continues to sink in with each spin. With Dave's thread about albums one never tires of in mind, I think this one might become one of those.

• 1 year later...

So, these guys are back together.

Really? So what happened with Castronovo and the domestic violence stuff? Anything come of it? Did he do any time? Receive any convictions or anything?