Castronovo, Blades and Aldrich... Now I have something to look forward

gener8tr

Mmm I dont think Dream On is that much like Journey....not classic journey anyway - ie Perry era and before.

I know they wrote Dont Stop Believin but you find me one other inspiro rocker up to and including Raised On Radio.

Yeah I probably think the modern era of JOURNEY. But anyway, that's one hell of a track, super amazing !

I definitely mean modern era Journey with my commentary on the comparisons.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one sounds like a million bucks. The drums and guitars are freaking awesome....I'm sure the bass is to, but I have a hard time hearing any bass unless it's like Billy Sheehan soloing. The only let down is track 7 and 8 are both ballads, split them up a bit more. The ballads are awesome because no matter the song Deen sings his ass off and Doug shreds his nibble fingers to the bone.

I've only picked up two releases so far in 2015, this one and the Eclipse. I think I may be good until June.

These two discs were actually the first discs I bought since the White Widdow back in November....man, when I was younger I'd buy 1 or 2 releases a week. Times have changed.

Why have you not bought the year's best album so far?

Which, of course, is Care Of Night, if you want to be difficult about it.

A little too "LITE" for my liking.

Its a pretty decent debut but better than Eclipse & Rev Saints??

Definitely not.

Its a pretty decent debut but better than Eclipse & Rev Saints??

Definitely not.

Agree.

I sinned and downloaded the songs I liked from Care Of Night. I wasn't willing to spend 24$ US with shipping which is about 30$ Canadian on the actual cd. I just didn't see it having the staying power of the Eclipse nor Revolution Saints.

I sinned and downloaded the songs I liked from Care Of Night. I wasn't willing to spend 24$ US with shipping which is about 30$ Canadian on the actual cd. I just didn't see it having the staying power of the Eclipse nor Revolution Saints.

Say no more. You had me at $30. It's that expensive, is it? I totally understand not purchasing it then.

As for being too lite. WHAT?! It's basically heavier than the ballad strong Revolution Saints disc.

Anyway, to each their own. CON is easily my fave of the year so far, personally.

Say no more. You had me at $30. It's that expensive, is it? I totally understand not purchasing it then.

As for being too lite. WHAT?! It's basically heavier than the ballad strong Revolution Saints disc.

Anyway, to each their own. CON is easily my fave of the year so far, personally.

Good to see you supporting the artist in any case.

But you carry on enjoying their music..............

Heavier than Rev Saints?!!! Lol

I'm glad for you that you rest your head on a pillow made of hundred dollar bills every night, but unfortunately not all of us are that lucky.

As I do every single year (though the number is getting less and less every year), I will buy the best CDs of the year when I can get them for a decent price, and when I can afford it. Which will probably be a way off this year, for several reasons. But that said, with the aud/usd rate at the moment, I wouldn't even dream of buying a CD - it's just not practical.

Anyway, enjoy your breakfast, from your gold plated bowl with your custom made spoon, made by your servants from their bone particles mixed with hundred dollar bills. ;)

And yeah, Rocker. I find the ballad-heavy Revolution Saints disc to be softer than Care of Night. Neither are exactly metal, but both are ballsy enough. Only difference is, 1/4 of the Revolution Saints disc are ballads.

I'm glad for you that you rest your head on a pillow made of hundred dollar bills every night, but unfortunately not all of us are that lucky.

As I do every single year (though the number is getting less and less every year), I will buy the best CDs of the year when I can get them for a decent price, and when I can afford it. Which will probably be a way off this year, for several reasons. But that said, with the aud/usd rate at the moment, I wouldn't even dream of buying a CD - it's just not practical.

Anyway, enjoy your breakfast, from your gold plated bowl with your custom made spoon, made by your servants from their bone particles mixed with hundred dollar bills. ;)

And yeah, Rocker. I find the ballad-heavy Revolution Saints disc to be softer than Care of Night. Neither are exactly metal, but both are ballsy enough. Only difference is, 1/4 of the Revolution Saints disc are ballads.

*** shakes head ***

*** shakes head ***

***and instead of dandruff, hundred dollar notes topple to the floor***

• My Little Pony

*** shakes head ***

Why does Gleonard have foreign currency tucked in his hair?

*** shakes head ***

Why does Gleonard have foreign currency tucked in his hair?

I was going to convert it to pounds, but couldn't be bothered. It's their fault for having an annoying currency.

Anyway, he's evidently that wealthy that he probably even has some yen inside his hair too.

My (supposed.............lol) wealth, is completely irrelevant.

By all means download MP3s to check out a release, but if you like the album - especially if it is your favourite album of 2015 and you're raving about it online - buy the damned thing.

Dont hold onto the MP3s for ever and a day, until such time as you might be able to afford an ebay copy for $1.

Joke all you want, but it's just wrong.

I have done a lot more buying of legit mp3's lately, especially if I love a disc. It's usually better quality. I bought Babylon A.D. fresno sessions, Unruly Child's Down The Rabbit Hole, and Confess' "Exit Light" single.

My (supposed.............lol) wealth, is completely irrelevant.

By all means download MP3s to check out a release, but if you like the album - especially if it is your favourite album of 2015 and you're raving about it online - buy the damned thing.

Dont hold onto the MP3s for ever and a day, until such time as you might be able to afford an ebay copy for $1.

Joke all you want, but it's just wrong.

But your wealth does become an issue when you start telling other people how to spend their money, just assuming everyone else is as loaded as you. Sorry mate, but I actually really hate that. It's something that does genuinely piss me off. Just because you are able to afford a particular way of life (and congrats to you, I am seriously happy for you), you must understand that not everyone else is living that type of lifestyle.

I have something like 2000 CDs in my collection (and have probably bought and sold about one thousand others) and over the span of 20 years (I think this is actually my 20 year anniversary - 1995-2015) I have pumped tens of thousands of dollars into the music I love. Waaay more than I should have, but I have. In the past, if I've had money to spend I've basically spent it on music. That's how I rolled. So it does actually really, really irritate me when I get come punk getting up in my nostril for not buying a tiny handful of 2015 releases within the first 3 months of the year.

Living in the UK, your butler probably serves you new release CDs with breakfast for all they cost you over there. Not only does your extreme wealth cloud your view of understanding how people who aren't so wealthy live, but you also take for granted how cheap and easy it is for you to buy CDs in the UK. In Australia, EVERY CD (in "our" genre) is an expensive import. The way you non-chalantly brush off the usd/aud exchange rate shows exactly how little understanding you have for how it is buying new release CDs from Australia. It's not something you just do before breakfast on the way to work. It is an actual investment.

Even if I was in a position where I had any money to spend on CDs at the moment, I only ever buy in bulk so as to save on shipping, and as a rule I do not buy when the usd/aud rate is as terrible as it is now.

Anyway, sorry for the rant but you struck a nerve. Anyone who knows how I roll knows I will buy the best CDs of the year (pending affordability) when I can. At the moment I can't afford to, and that's as simple as it is. If you're so passionate about this, how about you send over a few hundred pounds caught between your toothbrush bristles and I promise I'll put it straight back into some new release CDs.

And for the record, if I could get CDs off ebay for $1 I'd wait it out every time. But even those $1 CDs (if they ever existed) would still cost about $499 to get it sent to Australia.

Mate,

Ive got 3 kids so how that makes me wealthier than you is quite frankly a joke. Pure and simple.

I tell you what, you keep doing what youre doing - the justification is obviously because youve bought loads of discs in the past.

But just consider this - are you entitled to free groceries just because youve bought loads of food in the past......No.

How having 3 kids makes you wealthier than me is that you no doubt have a job with a majestic pay packet. And I certainly don't. I honestly have nothing but positive feelings towards that. Congrats, and I wish I had a gigantic pay packet too. I know I could have done more to aim for that, so all credit to you for actually doing it. Only thing is, enjoy your mountains of cash that you are able to rake in, but don't tell people who don't rake in that much coin how to spend their money. Simple as that.

You've clearly missed the point entirely, that I have always bought CDs when I do have money to spend on CDs. At the moment, I honestly do not have the money to spend on the CDs. It's not rocket science. I will buy the CDs when I can, which is not now.

Out of curiosity, do you think I'm the only person on this site, let alone the world who downloads albums? You and I both know that the majority of music listeners do it, and I knew this all through the years when I was buying every new CD blindly while others downloaded. But did I ever make a single comment about it, or would I ever do it? Of course not. Everyone has their own situation and is where they are at in their own life. It's not my place to question why someone is doing what they're doing unless I know their situation intimately. So I happily invite you to spend a week in my shoes and I'll see how many CDs you buy. I hazard a guess to say that it'll be exactly the same amount that I bought.

I'm happy for you being able to enjoy the life of luxury and wealth, but I do hope that one day you can see outside your golden bed posts and crystal car windows to realise that there are other people out there just living "normal" lifestyles. And these people completely despise people telling them how to live their lives based on their own income.

..Back on topic...Children??

I will write up my opinions on this, once I have actually heard the full CD, that STILL hasn't come from Pledge music yet (finally in the post as of yesterday, I am informed). What I have heard so far has only been the mp3's they sent out, and the songs sounded absolutely killer, but haven't really had a chance to blast these out properly, as of yet, on a decent system. Should have the Disc by this time next week, so will let you know my thoughts then.

There was a delay on the pledge.

My amazon disc was pretty late as well.

It is a great disc.

@ Geoff. Lets move on mate. Im done.

PS golden bed posts would be no good in my house...my boys would gaffiti on them ;-)