LoudLion - Die Tough

Stefan

25958_386910856517_7048679_n.jpg

New album out next year through MelodicRock Records.

From MelodicRock.com:

"Loud Lion created a huge buzz several years back, but their album never appeared....until now! Loud Lion is the brain child of pop/rock icon Bleu who out together the project to pay homage CD to Mutt Lange and Def Leppard. The album will feature 9 original songs "in the style of" classic Def Leppard and features Bleu with Taylor Locke (Bleu's co-creator & main partner in LoudLion, most widely known as the lead guitarist for Rooney), Adam Ross (Rihanna's touring guitarist), Allison Robertson (The Donnas lead guitarist), Maclaine Diemer (Bang Camaro - keyboards, guitar), John Fields (uber producer), and Dylan Halacy (Bang Camaro - drums). All songs produced by Bleu.

Bleu comments on the Loud Lion CD: "Def Leppard hasn't put anything as good as Loud Lion out in at least a decade! If you like Pyromania and Hysteria (and f**k you if you don't) then you'll love this record - and that's not even taking into account the brain-liquidating shred-fests. An homage has never (ever) sounded so majestic!"

The tracks are currently being mastered in LA by JK Northrup for release by MelodicRock Records worldwide in March/April 2014.
Song titles (in no order): The Hills Have Eyes, Love Will Break Your Heart, Sunset Slip, Lion Eyes, None More Fast, Loud Lion Theme Song, Lion's Den, Dawn Of The Dead and Die Tuff.
"

• My Little Pony

Oh, shit! I've been listening to "The Hills Have Eyes," "Lion Eyes," "Loud Lion Theme Song," and "Lion's Den" a lot recently, and I was gonna ask when the album was finally arriving. Thanks Stefan for reading my mind.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to this release...I think they had a cool concept with this band and glad to see it will finally see the light of day.

Hopefully the album and an appearance at MRF will lead to more from this band.

Although...the Loud Lion Facebook and Twitter pages seem to be virtually dead. I'm surprised that they aren't pushing this release more on those outlets and trying to generate more of a buzz.

Sure...it's a bit of a novelty...But still sounds pretty good and think fans of the 80's Def Leppard sound will dig this tribute.

• My Little Pony

Are these the guys that did the "Balls of Fury" movie soundtrack? If so, I definitely want to get this one.

That's them.

This is cool news, looking forward to this one! I have heard demos through the years but it'll be good to have something collated and sensible in my ears.

• 1 month later...

Just checked this one again and this sure is Leppard's copycat and probably many songs were clearly, not sure 'inspired' or 'stolen' from Pyro / Hysteria era. Probably the same approach by Grand Design but something tells me that Grand Design is better. A matter of personal taste but I don't see myself buying this while I just instead spin Pyro and Hysteria.

With Grand Design, even though it's heavily inspired, I don't see much resemblance to Leppard like this album. Take example of 'Love Will Break Your Heart', this is like a revamped version of 'Pour Some Sugar', or 'Die Tuff' is really like 'Love Bites', or 'Sunset Slip' feels a bit like 'Rocket'. 'Lion Eyes' is 'Photograph' and 'Lion's Den' might be 'Women'.

Overall a nice little collection here, probably way too short with 9 songs, and more credits to Grand Design camp for slightly more originality I guess.

71%

Anyone who wants to sound like Def Leppard can go right on ahead I say. But yeah I know what you mean, sometimes you think why don't I just listen to Def Leppard instead. Anyhow, Loud Lion and Grand Design are both really cool bands IMO.

71%? Wow. I love it. Sure it's a blatant rip off, and generally, the lyrics are really stupid and pointless. I don't know what's worse, all the songs referencing a lion, or the stupid movie title songs. I'm not sure, but there is one tiny thing they all have in common... they're all f*cking awesome!!

Seriously, this album goes a long way to show how insignificant lyrics can be (though it's not often) when everything else is so awesome. Guitarist knows his craft well too. Yeah, for me, I haven't rated it yet but I guarantee it'll be a hell of a lot higher than 71%. ;) Love it.

71%? Wow. I love it. Sure it's a blatant rip off, and generally, the lyrics are really stupid and pointless. I don't know what's worse, all the songs referencing a lion, or the stupid movie title songs. I'm not sure, but there is one tiny thing they all have in common... they're all f*cking awesome!!

Seriously, this album goes a long way to show how insignificant lyrics can be (though it's not often) when everything else is so awesome. Guitarist knows his craft well too. Yeah, for me, I haven't rated it yet but I guarantee it'll be a hell of a lot higher than 71%. ;) Love it.

Agreed with everything you said. I threw a preliminary 85% on this.

I've known these songs for years now and I'm over it. If this had come out like in 2008/09, I would have been all over it. The fact that after all those years all you find is the same 9 tracks, some of them being instrumental, seems like a rip off. If I can find this cheap, real cheap I might get it. Why the Hell did it take so long to be released?

As for the music it makes me realize how much of a ground breaker and classic release Hysteria really was.

Ive never heard these songs either.

I wonder if it will be on Spotify.

Not sure about buying if its just a Hysteria rip off.

I think you should check it out if you love Hysteria. Sure it's a ripoff, but it's an awesome ripoff! :lol:

I am the opposite. Never heard any of these songs before so it's new to me and I like it a lot.

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=18423&page=1&do=findComment&comment=393508

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74k5o0_y2hU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL9eBjX6Ufo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duti0mhR2uA