Ozzy Osbourne - Your Favourite Album

Ozzy Osbourne- Your Favourite Album  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I aquired the 2007 Japan Remasters Box Set with the following Ozzy Osbourne albums...

Knowing next to nothing about Ozzy or these albums, where should I start?

Which is your ONE favourite album and could you list a few of the best Ozzy songs?

Is there any Ozzy material not in this box set worth tracking down?

538214b.jpg

The box set pretty much covers everything you need to know on Ozzy solo bar his last couple of albums.There are a few patchy albums in there, but generally I reckon he has a pretty solid discography. My personal faves are the mighty 'Blizzard Of Ozz' and 'Diary Of A Madman' albums..both superb with Randy Rhodes on fire same. goes for.the 'Tribute' disc too.

A nice pick up mate, where did ya get it? .

The box set pretty much covers everything you need to know on Ozzy solo bar his last couple of albums.There are a few patchy albums in there, but generally I reckon he has a pretty solid discography. My personal faves are the mighty 'Blizzard Of Ozz' and 'Diary Of A Madman' albums..both superb with Randy Rhodes on fire same. goes for.the 'Tribute' disc too.

A nice pick up mate, where did ya get it? .

Hey Jez, thanks for the input. Yeah I'm really enjoying hearing these albums for the first time. I picked this up from a local ad for a reasonable price so thought I'd give it a go.

Ultimate Sin for me but it was close to No Rest. Hell, it's like trying to pick your favorite kid. You can't argue anyone's pick from the debut through Tears. Nice Japan set. I recently acquired the hardest of the bunch in Japan first pressings with the box Obi in Speak of the Devil. $800...my wife would fucking kill me if she knew...

Ultimate Sin for me but it was close to No Rest. Hell, it's like trying to pick your favorite kid. You can't argue anyone's pick from the debut through Tears. Nice Japan set. I recently acquired the hardest of the bunch in Japan first pressings with the box Obi in Speak of the Devil. $800...my wife would fucking kill me if she knew...

Yeah it seems like a good bunch of music, just been playing the first three albums so far and like what i'm hearing. I'll be sure to check out Ultimate Sin. Cheers.

Blizzard got my vote as it's pretty much perfect from the songs to the playing and to the production. Diary is right there with as they were put together around the same time but it's not quite as good but still great. Bark, Sin, No Rest and Tears are all great too but the rest of the studio albus are just okay with Ozzmosis being the best of the bunch. The tribute album is killer and Live and Loud is a good Zakk era live album. Speak of the Devil is a nice Sabbath song live album with the great Brad Gillis on guitar after Randy died.

I'm pretty much terminally sick of "Blizzard" and "Diary" after all these years, but "No Rest" and especially "No More Tears" still get occasional spins.

Hated "OzzMosis" and have pretty much avoided anything he's released since.

Went for 'No More Tears', as for me it is the most consistent album. None of the songs on the album is as good as 'Crazy Train', 'Shot In The Dark' or 'Bark At The Moon', but those are the only songs I really like from those albums. My ideal Ozzy compilation would probably have about 5 tracks from NMT and 5 tracks spread across the other albums.

I'm pretty much terminally sick of "Blizzard" and "Diary" after all these years, but "No Rest" and especially "No More Tears" still get occasional spins.

Hated "OzzMosis" and have pretty much avoided anything he's released since.

Ozzmosis had about four good songs and that's it. I agree, everything else has been bad!

'The Ultimate Sin' for me.

I know everyone considers the first two classics and they are...but I am a little surprised Sin hasn't gotten more love. Production is top notch, 9 great songs, Ozzy was baked out of his mind at the time which makes for some cool lyrics and Jake did his best work ever on that album, and that includes Badlands. Just amazing axe work on it.

Ultimate Sin and No More Tears are my 2 favorites!

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I must say I'm liking the earlier albums the best so far, especially Blizzard, though Ultimate Sin and No Rest are very cool as well.

Bark At The Moon gets my vote ... the title track is one of the reasons why I listen to the stuff I do :) The Ultimate Sin and No Rest For The Wicked are favourites, too ... I thought there were some great songs on No More Tears, but it's a bit patchy for me ... and I haven't really bothered with any of his studio albums after that ... although the song Perry Mason is pretty killer ...

• 6 months later...