Bands that you miss

I really miss SAVATAGE, especially the Savatage with Zak Stevens on vocals.

Once a year I'll pull out all my Savatage discs and just go nuts for a few days. To this day the greatest and most listened to CD-R I ever made was a compilation of Savatage tunes. I've had to reburn it a few times over the years. Most of them with Zak Stevens on vox and all being the over the top orchestrated tracks or power ballad types.

Here are the tracks and the order in which they are listed.

Welcome (TWOM)

This Is The Time (Dead Winter Dead)

Chance (Handful Of Rain)

Gutter Ballet (Gutter Ballet)

This Isn't What We Meant (Dead Winter Dead)

Hourglass (TWOM)

All That I Bleed (Edge Of Thorns)

One Child (Dead Winter Dead)

Alone You Breath (Handful Of Rain)

Follow Me (Edge Of Thorns)

Not What You See (Dead Winter Dead)

Anymore (TWOM)

Somewhere In Time/Believe (Streets)

I can honestly say all these songs are perfect 10/10 tracks to me, for me it's the perfect mix.

If a CD-R could only be 90 minutes and not 80. I add the title tracks Edge Of Thorns and The Wake Of Megallan.

So any bands that you miss that haven't done anything in years or simply don't exist anymore?

• My Little Pony

Once a year I'll pull out all my Savatage discs and just go nuts for a few days. To this day the greatest and most listened to CD-R I ever made was a compilation of Savatage tunes. I've had to reburn it a few times over the years. Most of them with Zak Stevens on vox and all being the over the top orchestrated tracks or power ballad types.

Welcome (TWOM)

Chance (Handful Of Rain)

Hourglass (TWOM)

Anymore (TWOM)

I can honestly say all these songs are perfect 10/10 tracks to me, for me it's the perfect mix.

If a CD-R could only be 90 minutes and not 80. I add the title tracks Edge Of Thorns and The Wake Of Megallan.

So any bands that you miss that haven't done anything in years or simply don't exist anymore?

You, my friend, are an odd one. I blame it on you being from Ontario.

I'd take Jon Oliva over Zak Stevens any day. ANY DAY. But I do agree with you; I really miss Savatage. Why don't these bastards reunite?

Also, you wouldn't try to make room for "When the Crowds Are Gone?"

Apart from Savatage, I really wish there was more from Wall of Silence.

I really missed EUROPE with Kee Marcello, those melodic days are far gone :(

Other bands are CINDERELLA (a monstrous 4 albums and 17 years waiting in vain :(), old GNR, HAREM SCAREM, old IRON MAIDEN pre-1992, old METALLICA pre-1991, old MOTLEY CRUE pre-1989, old SKID ROW, SLAUGHTER (but Mark's vocal was ruined now I guess), SLEEZE BEEZ, THE STORM, old SURVIVOR, old TESLA pre-1994 (although I can still appreciate their modern albums), and VAN HAGAR era (1986-1991)

I still wish Angel,Starz,TKO,Stone Fury,Led Zeppelin,Rough Cutt,Badlands,Teaze,Jeff Buckley and Savatage,i must agree with all line ups.I know Angel and Starz still tour but some new releases would be great and at least Led Zep have a new live release out soon.

There are a million bands I miss. I could fill pages with the names, but Cauterize are never far from my mind and I guess they'd be number one.

I miss countless of "our genre" hard rock bands, but as noted, that list would be in the 100's. Just on Nightrain's post alone, I still think about how good Europe were too, I was thinking of Slaughter just yesterday and Sleez Beez were always a fave of mine too. So many...

The current batch of "modern rock" has also been around long enough and there are a lot of artists from around that 2005 era that I miss a lot, which are long gone. SR-71, for instance, and Tory Jasper, who was the lead singer with A Change of Pace's classic 'Prepare the Masses.' Silly Fools... So many good bands that just disappear so quickly. :(

Welcome (TWOM)

Chance (Handful Of Rain)

Hourglass (TWOM)

Anymore (TWOM)

I'd take Jon Oliva over Zak Stevens any day. ANY DAY. But I do agree with you; I really miss Savatage. Why don't these bastards reunite?

When The Crowds Are Gone would be my next pick from Gutter Ballet, but to be honest I never liked Jon Oliva's voice, too harsh and raspy yet the ballads he sings have a great deal of passion and I have A HUGE amount of respect for his brilliance as a writer. I was really happy when Savatage changed singers, I LOVE Zak's voice....he's the reason my son's name is Zachary...I shit you not.

Another band I really miss is SAIGON KICK, They released 4 brilliant albums, the Jap release Bastards doesn't count.

Other bands I miss are the 'real' WHITE LION with Vito Bratta, STEELHOUSE LANE (two awesome releases and gone!) and I'd add HAREM SCAREM, but Harry Hess has been releasing enough other material to keep me happy. I also really miss FREDDIE MERCURY's voice.

I'm sure we could all fill a complete set of encyclopedias with bands we miss but I totally agree with Bratta and White Lion and Saigon Kick.

SK have a reunion in the works and I'm hoping it includes new material with Kramer. In the meantime Bieler has an ep out under the moniker Owl Stretching which features a 2011 version of the track The Lizard.

My number 1 miss is Harem Scarem - as much as I loved First Signal and Harry's solo album I'd still love the guys to get back together again - not only for more studio albums but also to see them live again - maybe at The Firefest festival in the UK - awesome live band.

Others I miss are the RIP artists - would love to see RJD live again - wow he is awesome. Also Steve Lee - what a loss. Gotthard are pretty much dead and buried for me now, which saddens me. A lot.

Welcome (TWOM)

Chance (Handful Of Rain)

Hourglass (TWOM)

Anymore (TWOM)

Yes! Jon Oliva any day.

I really missed EUROPE with Kee Marcello, those melodic days are far gone :(

Other bands are CINDERELLA (a monstrous 4 albums and 17 years waiting in vain :(), old GNR, HAREM SCAREM, old IRON MAIDEN pre-1992, old METALLICA pre-1991, old MOTLEY CRUE pre-1989, old SKID ROW, SLAUGHTER (but Mark's vocal was ruined now I guess), SLEEZE BEEZ, THE STORM, old SURVIVOR, old TESLA pre-1994 (although I can still appreciate their modern albums), and VAN HAGAR era (1986-1991)

Any one those for sure, plus many many more to list!

My number 1 miss is Harem Scarem - as much as I loved First Signal and Harry's solo album I'd still love the guys to get back together again - not only for more studio albums but also to see them live again - maybe at The Firefest festival in the UK - awesome live band.

Others I miss are the RIP artists - would love to see RJD live again - wow he is awesome. Also Steve Lee - what a loss. Gotthard are pretty much dead and buried for me now, which saddens me. A lot.

Dio is and will always be the MAN, very missed. Steve Lee is just awesome and Gotthard will never be the same.

Welcome (TWOM)

Chance (Handful Of Rain)

Hourglass (TWOM)

Anymore (TWOM)

My two fave by Savatage (miss them alot): is propably:

Hard for love

Strange wings

My fave albums is:

Hall of the mountain king

Power of the night

Edge of thorns

I also really miss the Bach fronted Skid Row and Icon with Stephen Clifford on vocals

Welcome (TWOM)

Chance (Handful Of Rain)

Hourglass (TWOM)

Anymore (TWOM)

Hard for love

Strange wings

My fave albums is:

Power of the night

Edge of thorns

I also really miss the Bach fronted Skid Row and Icon with Stephen Clifford on vocals

I would take either one of the Icons for sure. Skid row on the other would love it ,if they made more music like S/T which wiould never happen even if they got back together.

Welcome (TWOM)

Chance (Handful Of Rain)

Hourglass (TWOM)

Anymore (TWOM)

Hard for love

Strange wings

My fave albums is:

Power of the night

Edge of thorns

I would take either one of the Icons for sure. Skid row on the other hand would love it ,if they made more music like S/T which wiould never happen even if they got back together.

Welcome (TWOM)

Chance (Handful Of Rain)

Hourglass (TWOM)

Anymore (TWOM)

Yes Zak era Savatage rules! Still play those cds often and his Circle II Circle discs even more.

There are so many, and I agree with what many have already posted......and I'll add Killer Dwarfs, Von Groove, Autograph, Dangerous Toys and some bands that made one album that I would have loved more from, Roxxi, Wildside (yeah, I don't count the second release), Fear Not, Cold Sweat and Heavy Bones to name a few.

Great call on SAVATAGE. I'm so glad I got to see their last show with Zak in The States. I'm also glad I got to see the last show they did with that dude Damien on vocals (he was actually really good too).

Bands that I miss that could be again:

WRATHCHILD AMERICA

AUTOGRAPH (though one key member who wrote a lot has passed away)

JULLIET (who I actually saw live a couple years ago)

DIRTY PENNY

COMPANY OF WOLVES

SOUTHGANG

Bands I miss that can never be again would be:

THE RUNAWAYS (would never work for me with out the drummer Sandy West)

CHILD'S PLAY

DIRTY LOOKS

DC STAR

I have no idea what I was thinking when I answered this one a couple days ago...

I'd trade 2 years worth of KIX shows if I could just see The Ramones one more time. Ramones shows were like no other.. man I miss them.

I'm like a broken record on this one, but any band with Kal Swan on vocals for me.

Please come back, Kal...

:angry2:

Yep me too especially Lion or Bad Moon Rising but with Doug busy with Snake and now with a possible upcoming Burning Rain release I don't see any Lion/BMR reunion happening.

Steve Lee and RJD are also two guys that I missed a lot :(

LOUDNESS Vescera era is brilliant too.

LA Guns together with Tracii is probably never gonna get back again, but man they put out killer albums together

old ENUFF Z'NUFF too is very good and EXTREME pre-1993.

Somebody mentioned Freddie Mercury, such an impeccable voice too, missed him a lot too

• My Little Pony

I know I already mentioned them, but I was listening to Wall of Silence today and I have a hard time believing this was a one and done band. I know they released an album under The Works, and I realize the scene was changing when "Shock to the System" dropped, but did none of the members have any projects since?

I'm like a broken record on this one, but any band with Kal Swan on vocals for me.

Please come back, Kal...

:angry2:

Yep me too especially Lion or Bad Moon Rising but with Doug busy with Snake and now with a possible upcoming Burning Rain release I don't see any Lion/BMR reunion happening.

I'd take anything with his voice on it to be honest; the Tytan album was more into Heavy Metal territory, but Kal was still awesome on it. I can only think that he must have retired altogether, as his voice is so f*ing fantastic he could surely be working if he wanted to. :doh:

• 2 weeks later...

Bands that I miss ...

Warrior Soul

Dokken (with George Lynch)

Van Halen (with Michael Anthony)

Helloween (the 'Keeper' line up will forever be a fond memory)

Celtic Frost (no chance, but I can dream)

pre-1987 Whitesnake

Judas Priest (with KK)

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Thin Lizzy

Rainbow/Sabbath/Dio/Heaven And Hell (I miss RJD!)