BRAND NEW KIX RELEASE

LV KIX

I,ve been holding onto this for awhile now... but I believe it has been officially announced now... KIX is writting new material for their upcomming new release. They have been signed to Frontiers and will be releasing an LIVE CD which will include a LIVE DVD before the end of this year (2012). The BRAND NEW KIX Release should be finnished and released by the spring of 2013.

Wow... That's been inside for awhile now... Feels good to get it out..... :whistle:

Sweeeeet! :beerbang:

• My Little Pony

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'll welcome new music from them, no doubt, but they're catalogue is so good, they don't need to release anymore. But, if that's what the boys wanna do, more power to them. I guess I'll be hearing some new stuff next time I see them.

That is cool, especially the DVD for us West Coasters who won't get an opportunity to see them in the flesh.

And in regards to the new material effort, I can't fathom the band releasing anything bad. I for one hope they go WAY back and revisit the S/T Cool Kids era style...

Great news! I had been hoping they would decide on doing a new album. I'd also love to see them do something with the Thundergorund demos. There were some very good songs in that group.

Great news! I had been hoping they would decide on doing a new album. I'd also love to see them do something with the Thundergorund demos. There were some very good songs in that group.

You may just get an updated version of a song or two from the "Thunderground demos".... Steve wrote a bunch of those songs and Donnie didn't wanna release stuff that he didn't have a hand in writting. Some pretty good stuff on that one.

• My Little Pony

Kix were awesome at this yearsMonsters Of Rock Cruise & also on the pre party, Wasn't a few of the Kix guys saying to a selected few that their already working on a new album then? Hope to be able to check a few new Kix tunes at next year's MORC :):guitar:

You going again, too?

Now that the cat is out of the bag it will be interesting to see if they play any of the songs that will be on the new release when I see them a few times within the next couple months. I know Funny Money has been writting "new songs" for a couple years... I just hope that they don't use those songs for the KIX release.

I think these guys are fully capable of making a great KIX record without Donnie Purnell. What do you think Dave? Donnie pretty much wrote 95% of their songs correct? Donnie and outside writers I mean.

Kix were awesome at this yearsMonsters Of Rock Cruise & also on the pre party, Wasn't a few of the Kix guys saying to a selected few that their already working on a new album then? Hope to be able to check a few new Kix tunes at next year's MORC :):guitar:

You going again, too?

Nolan, I'm trying to get to MORC. Wonder how many of us off this HH site will be sailing along hard rocking paradise :)

• My Little Pony

You going again, too?

Nolan, I'm trying to get to MORC. Wonder how many of us off this HH site will be sailing along hard rocking paradise :)

That's why I started its own thread. So far, no HHers have confirmed. But my brothers and I are booked.

so still no matters resolved with Donnie at all after all these years, Dave ?

well lookin' forward to this, but if this is in the same style as Fuse/Wire, that's heaven

Not sure that there is an effort by either side as far as resolving differences.

I think these guys are fully capable of making a great KIX record without Donnie Purnell. What do you think Dave? Donnie pretty much wrote 95% of their songs correct? Donnie and outside writers I mean.

I think KIX can release something as good or better than most bands from the era that are still putting new stuff out. It might not be a "Midnight Dynamite" (my fav.) but I would bet it will sound like KIX and be a pretty strong release. I'm 100% sure it will sound like KIX.

As far as Donnie writting most of the songs goes... not sure that is totally true.. but Donnies name does appears by the songs in the liner notes.

OH MY !!!!! I'm gonna weep with joy, I know you mentioned the possibility of a Live CD to me quite some time back (over a year?) but a NEW album....YESSS!!!! :bananamac:

I know Funny Money has been writting "new songs" for a couple years... I just hope that they don't use those songs for the KIX release.

What do you think the odds are that some of the new-album tracks may be polished up versions of stuff from the vaults? Y'know, like some of the songs from the "Thunderground" bootleg?

I know Funny Money has been writting "new songs" for a couple years... I just hope that they don't use those songs for the KIX release.

What do you think the odds are that some of the new-album tracks may be polished up versions of stuff from the vaults? Y'know, like some of the songs from the "Thunderground" bootleg?

Answered that question on page one of the thread...... :whistle:

I think one or two might come from the "Thuderground Demo". Steve wrote a bunch of those songs so I'd say the chance is pretty good.

^^ Oh yeah. Duh. Missed that. :homer:

Anywhoo, I'm so stoked about this news that I just updated my HubPages article about Kix with info about the new live disc and studio album. Have a look y'all. (Yes, I'm shamelessly pimping for page views. Haha)

http://fatfreddyscat...E-DYNAMITE-1985

haven't read the news again, but is this KIX live DVD taken from the M3 festival live show recently ?

No .... This Live CD and DVD have been in the works for a couple of years now. The show is from a place called "Ramshead Live" in Baltimore.

I remember being there when they recorded the show... but I can't remember exactly when it was.