Trixter New Audio Machine

Guest That 80's Guy

Guest That 80's Guy

Hey everyone I'm new to the board..hope everyone is having a great Sunday...was just wondering if anyone else was blown away by how good Trixter's New Audio Machine is?..I wasn't expecting it to be this good...great energy..and great tunes to drive to...also was wondering if anyone knows when Tango Down new album is due?....cheers

The opinions on the new Trixter seem to be mixed so far on this board with most liking it and a few like myself loving it. I think they did a great job with updating their sound while mixing in some melodies of old. I love every tune but "Physical Attraction" but my favs are "Dirty Love", "Live for the Day", "Ride", "Machine", "Coolest Thing", "Tattoos and Misery", "Walk With a Stranger" and "Drag Me Down".

The opinions on the new Trixter seem to be mixed so far on this board with most liking it and a few like myself loving it. I think they did a great job with updating their sound while mixing in some melodies of old. I love every tune but "Physical Attraction" but my favs are "Dirty Love", "Live for the Day", "Ride", "Machine", "Coolest Thing", "Tattoos and Misery", "Walk With a Stranger" and "Drag Me Down".

I like this, fun good time rock like old days.

Hey everyone I'm new to the board..hope everyone is having a great Sunday...was just wondering if anyone else was blown away by how good Trixter's New Audio Machine is?..I wasn't expecting it to be this good...great energy..and great tunes to drive to...also was wondering if anyone knows when Tango Down new album is due?....cheers

Welcome!

backed 100%

Welcome! As for the rest... I'm blown away by the fact I didn't listen to the soundbytes before ordering the new Trixter, as that would've saved me some money. I'm delighted that some people like it, but for me it's a zillion light years from albums like "Hear" and it's not even got the modern edge that stuff like RA or 40FT RINGO had. It's dog shit.

I'm rather enjoying it.

Yes!

My God, Im glad I dont read metal temple as I disagree with virtually every word of this review.....esp the part in bold :screwy:

These guys were in the early 90s one of the second knife of the whole Hair Metal Army… They never had the respect of the Metal Community but they got the big overnight MTV success. They were one the first victims of the Grunge-Blitz and nobody really cried upon their tomb and nobody either was expecting nothing better from them or even wished for their comeback.

In 2008, something started to move again with the release of a good, back in the day, live album Alive In Japan which was a good reminder of the efficiency of the band and the two brand new studio tracks as well were quite appetizing… Now under the guidance of Frontiers Records, TRIXTER is back… A clever mix between 80s Stadium Hair Metal and some New Jersey Classic Rock with a little Modern Mainstream US Rock to get the Modern flavour: Thats the very tasty and addictive recipe of the day…

The first four tracks are amazing!!!! So, Dirty Love & Machine both sound like early VAN HALEN shuffle whereas Drag Me Down & Get On It are more in the FIREHOUSE / DANGER DANGER tradition… Juicy, sexy and entertaining! But Live For The Day is a good specimen of -how it could have sounded- if we werent some lucky bastards… Its not a bad song but its a regular contemporary Rock cut like the ones that the guitar player, Steve Brown, used to play when he was involved in some mainstream Alternative project like 40 Ft. RINGO…

Fortuitously Ride flashed as another 80s Stadium fashion ooooahh whooo… Exactly like Physical Attraction and same comments for Tattoos & Misery or Save Your Soul: Nothing new but some good 2nd league American Party-Metal Anthems. The last part of the album is as expected a little more conventional but lets face it, this is quite a sweet surprise as I would have never bet a single penny on a release of such high calibre. The final bonus track is an acoustic version of Heart Of Steel while the Japanese edition is recommended as the bonus is a good remake of the track Give It To Me Good also taken from the highly successful 1990 Self titled album!

(originally written for www.metal-temple.com

My God, Im glad I dont read metal temple as I disagree with virtually every word of this review.....esp the part in bold :screwy:

These guys were in the early 90s one of the second knife of the whole Hair Metal Army… They never had the respect of the Metal Community but they got the big overnight MTV success. They were one the first victims of the Grunge-Blitz and nobody really cried upon their tomb and nobody either was expecting nothing better from them or even wished for their comeback.

In 2008, something started to move again with the release of a good, back in the day, live album Alive In Japan which was a good reminder of the efficiency of the band and the two brand new studio tracks as well were quite appetizing… Now under the guidance of Frontiers Records, TRIXTER is back… A clever mix between 80s Stadium Hair Metal and some New Jersey Classic Rock with a little Modern Mainstream US Rock to get the Modern flavour: Thats the very tasty and addictive recipe of the day…

The first four tracks are amazing!!!! So, Dirty Love & Machine both sound like early VAN HALEN shuffle whereas Drag Me Down & Get On It are more in the FIREHOUSE / DANGER DANGER tradition… Juicy, sexy and entertaining! But Live For The Day is a good specimen of -how it could have sounded- if we werent some lucky bastards… Its not a bad song but its a regular contemporary Rock cut like the ones that the guitar player, Steve Brown, used to play when he was involved in some mainstream Alternative project like 40 Ft. RINGO…

Fortuitously Ride flashed as another 80s Stadium fashion ooooahh whooo… Exactly like Physical Attraction and same comments for Tattoos & Misery or Save Your Soul: Nothing new but some good 2nd league American Party-Metal Anthems. The last part of the album is as expected a little more conventional but lets face it, this is quite a sweet surprise as I would have never bet a single penny on a release of such high calibre. The final bonus track is an acoustic version of Heart Of Steel while the Japanese edition is recommended as the bonus is a good remake of the track Give It To Me Good also taken from the highly successful 1990 Self titled album!

Looks like someone has copy/pasted the press release into a review. Whether you like the disc or not (and I don't), how can you batch songs like "Tattoos and Misery" alongside "Physical Attraction" as being like "80's stadium" music. "Tattoos..." is a modern rock song. In fact it sticks-out like a sore-thumb on this disc. I don't mind people giving an opinion, but make sure you've heard the album before you post a review. If I bought this album on the back of this review I would sue this idiot under the trades desciptions act. Quoting Firehouse and Danger Danger as comparisons is verging on slander.

• My Little Pony

These guys were in the early 90’s one of the second knife of the whole Hair Metal Army… They never had the respect of the Metal Community but they got the big overnight MTV success. They were one the first victims of the Grunge-Blitz and nobody really cried upon their tomb and nobody either was expecting nothing better from them or even wished for their comeback.

In 2008, something started to move again with the release of a good, back in the day, live album “Alive In Japan” which was a good reminder of the efficiency of the band and the two brand new studio tracks as well were quite appetizing… Now under the guidance of Frontiers Records, TRIXTER is back… A clever mix between 80s Stadium Hair Metal and some New Jersey Classic Rock with a little Modern Mainstream US Rock to get the Modern flavour: That’s the very tasty and addictive recipe of the day…

The first four tracks are amazing!!!! So, “Dirty Love” & “Machine” both sound like early VAN HALEN shuffle whereas “Drag Me Down” & “Get On It” are more in the FIREHOUSE / DANGER DANGER tradition… Juicy, sexy and entertaining! But “Live For The Day” is a good specimen of -how it could have sounded- if we weren’t some lucky bastards… It’s not a bad song but it’s a regular contemporary Rock cut like the ones that the guitar player, Steve Brown, used to play when he was involved in some mainstream Alternative project like 40 Ft. RINGO…

Fortuitously “Ride” flashed as another 80s Stadium fashion ooooahh whooo… Exactly like “Physical Attraction” and same comments for “Tattoos & Misery” or ”Save Your Soul”: Nothing new but some good 2nd league American Party-Metal Anthems. The last part of the album is as expected a little more conventional but let’s face it, this is quite a sweet surprise as I would have never bet a single penny on a release of such high calibre. The final bonus track is an acoustic version of “Heart Of Steel” while the Japanese edition is recommended as the bonus is a good remake of the track “Give It To Me Good” also taken from the highly successful 1990 Self titled album!

Put everything that is said aside, this is simply a poorly written piece--very immature. I'm not saying its stupid, which it may be, but it feels like a fifteen year old wrote this.

• 8 years later...

TRIXTER – New Audio Machine +1 [Remastered 2020]

Remastered by the great Maor Appelbaum, TRIXTER founder Steve Brown is reissuing the band’s album “New Audio Machine” including a bonus track. Originally released on Frontiers Music back in 2012, the album has has been out of print for few years by now with used copies being sold for over U$D 150.
So Steve Brown, who owns the tapes, decided to re-vamp this very good album and make it available again via his label Brownstone Music with an improved, remastered sound.

After 20 years since their last proper, full length studio release, TRIXTER awakened with this new release in 2012 entitled “New Audio Machine” and with all four original the members in the line-up.
Trixter caught their big break in 1990 after getting signed to a major label and immediately exploded into the spotlight with their commercial hair metal. Their second album ‘Hear’ was a much and rockier yet retaining a radio friendly sound.

With “New Audio Machine” the biggest difference between ‘then’ and ‘now’ is that now, Trixter has released a hard hittin’ American Hard Rock record which certainly gonna make a lot of heads spin.
Just listening to the opening verse of “Drag Me Down” is enough for most people to say ‘Huh? This is Trixter?’. Co-penned with former Styx guitar-slinger Glen Burtnik (who adds his own musical touches playing guitars as well), the song starts off with an almost southern-rock groove to it (ala Tesla) but when kicks in, it smacks you in the face like an anvil with a fierce guitar riff and an incredibly thick, rich arrangement. Great tune which is anything but your typical Trixter.
“Get On It” is similar in that heavier, more aggressive style featuring a sing-along chorus. On this track, I fully realize that Trixter has tapped into their gold selling past and made certain to make a song that resonates both relevancy and old school Hard Rockin’ glory.

With “Dirty Love” arrives, yes, your prototypical Trixter track. The guitar licks and rhythm are unmistakably Steve Brown just as the backing vocals in the chorus have that distinct flavor.
“Machine,” on the other hand, while still maintaining just a touch of the band’s nineties flair, is an aggressive, artery-bursting track which will surely get your blood pumping. There’s a thundering bass rhythm layered over Scott’s heavy percussion hits as the song begins right before Steve’s guitar comes screaming in and Loran’s vocals take over. Killer track, easily one of the best on the CD.

The semi-ballad “Live For The Day” packs a very positive and uplifting message and allows Pete’s amazing vocals to really take center stage for the first time. Beautifully done and the ever so subtle keyboards By Eric Ragno perfectly compliment the electric-acoustic driven melody giving the chorus that full, fat sound.
“Ride” finds the band once again returning to their roots as far as the overall hooks and grooves to the song but still it has a sharper, edgier side that true fans are gonna love.
“Physical Attraction,” is another up-tempo Trixter trademark rocker which will be sure to please all those die-hard fans.

“Tattoos & Misery” is the first single and video for the release and is easily the most commercially appealing with its potent, melodic chorus.
Now arrives my favorite piece of the album, the superb ballad “The Coolest Thing”. And it’s more than ‘cool’. The arrangement, the lyrics, the feel, the sound, everything about this song is sheer power ballad perfection right down to the final note. Pete Loran gives the vocal performance of a lifetime so much that you can actually feel the emotion flow through you as the rest of the musicians on this track.
The album winds-up again with another audacious, uptempo number called “Save Your Soul”. The heavy guitar riff gives way to a nicely executed and almost anthem-like chorus on this one.
Then finally rounding off the release is “Walk With A Stranger” which was written way back in the late ’80s by SKID ROW’s Snake Sabo and Rachel Bolan. While is does have the slight Skid Row vibe, Trixter has made it genuinely their own.

If you are one of the few who doesn’t like Trixter’s nineties commercial albums and don’t want more, you will be terribly wrong letting pass “New Audio Machine”.
This new recording includes the best melodies of the past, yes, but also energetic and kickin’ American Hard Rock songs. A really well-rounded release which is a prime example of what you can accomplish by effectively blending musicianship and style with a mature approach to the music.

Production is sharp, now benefited by a punchy remaster.”New Audio Machine” will bury any misconceptions anyone has ever had about these guys once and for all. This is what American styled Hard Rock is all about.
It’s been many years since their last record, but Trixter finally got it right, and for any hard rock, melodic rock, rockin’ AOR fan, “New Audio Machine” has more than its share of tasty tidbits and memorable moments.
Highly Recommended

01 – Drag Me Down
02 – Get on It
03 – Dirty Love
04 – Machine
05 – Live for the Day
06 – Ride
07 – Physical Attraction
08 – Tattoos & Misery
09 – The Coolest Thing
10 – Save Your Soul
11 – Walk with a Stranger
12 – Heart of Steel (Acoustic Bonus Track)
13 – Find a Memory

Peter Loran – lead vocals, rhythm guitar
Steve Brown – lead guitar, harmonica, backing vocals
P. J. Farley – bass guitar, backing vocals
Mark “Gus” Scott – drums, percussion, backing vocal

Special Guests:
Glen Burtnik – Additional Guitars, Bass, Vocals & Percussion
Eric Ragno – Keyboards
Mark Sly – Backing Vocals
Pete Evick – Additional Guitars, Percussion
Bobby August – Backing Vocals
Angela Marien – Backing Vocals
John “J3” Allen – Backing Vocals

BUY IT
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08N5F9PVS

Normally I don't bother with reissues/remasters, but if they have changed it up, I'll give it a go.
Love the album, but trixter have always been a bit bubblegum/poppy.
Would be interesting to hear this with a real hard edge.

Nice to have this on spotify now as it was missing.  

I did this album.  Was a great return to form after the long hiatus.

I believe I did see Steve say that physical copies would be coming in early 2021.

It's too bad these guys can't seem to work out their differences and still touring/making music, etc.

• My Little Pony
11 hours ago, tts42572 said:

It's too bad these guys can't seem to work out their differences and still touring/making music, etc.

What's the story there? I recall a couple videos between the two "new" albums that portrayed them all as good buddies. 

23 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

What's the story there? I recall a couple videos between the two "new" albums that portrayed them all as good buddies. 

From what I understand, Pete and Steve are extremely pissed at Mark "Gus" Scott.

https://www.madrock1025.com/trixter-members-go-public-with-feud/

In an argument that’s gone uncomfortably public, Trixter drummer Mark “Gus” Scott has fired back at his disgruntled bandmates, claiming he only wants what’s best for the group.

The feud began when Steve Brown and P.J. Farley told interviewers Scott was on “the sh*t list beyond belief,” comparing him to disobedient dog.

Now, in a new interview, Scott says the band’s problems go well beyond just one dissenting member. “I don’t know if the ‘bad dog’ is the best analogy and the best manner in which to visualize what’s happened with Trixter,” he says. “I think there’s been different ideologies within the band for a very, very long time. We’ve been together over 30 years. So I think there’s always been — I don’t wanna say a ‘rift,’ but more recently, if there was a rift, it was certainly becoming more and more exponentially grown.”

While not naming names, Scott says his issues are with the band’s “leadership,” adding he refuses to be “led by ignorance.” Ouch.

How long will it be before Trixter either calls it quits or parts ways with Scott? Have the members of Trixter been together too long?

• My Little Pony
12 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

From what I understand, Pete and Steve are extremely pissed at Mark "Gus" Scott.

In an argument that’s gone uncomfortably public, Trixter drummer Mark “Gus” Scott has fired back at his disgruntled bandmates, claiming he only wants what’s best for the group.

The feud began when Steve Brown and P.J. Farley told interviewers Scott was on “the sh*t list beyond belief,” comparing him to disobedient dog.

Now, in a new interview, Scott says the band’s problems go well beyond just one dissenting member. “I don’t know if the ‘bad dog’ is the best analogy and the best manner in which to visualize what’s happened with Trixter,” he says. “I think there’s been different ideologies within the band for a very, very long time. We’ve been together over 30 years. So I think there’s always been — I don’t wanna say a ‘rift,’ but more recently, if there was a rift, it was certainly becoming more and more exponentially grown.”

While not naming names, Scott says his issues are with the band’s “leadership,” adding he refuses to be “led by ignorance.” Ouch.

How long will it be before Trixter either calls it quits or parts ways with Scott? Have the members of Trixter been together too long?

Hmm. Thanks. 

18 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Yeah, I had a conversation with Steve Brown about it during the last Monster Of Rock Cruise.

He said himself and PJ are more than willing to keep things together and wanting to play shows, make music, etc.

He said that Pete is sort of just kind of kicking back and not really wanting to do much at the moment.  It didn't sound like there was any ill-will there.  Just that Pete was a bit burned out and wanting to do other things.

As for Gus, Steve didn't say much about him...Just that he's sort of gone off the deep end.  I'm not sure why they don't just look for a new drummer and try to get things back together.  But at the same time, Steve sounded very happy doing the Tokyo Motor Fist thing and said that's where his focus was at the moment.  However, I'm not sure what the future hold there as I've seen Ted Poley comment that he's contemplating retirement and may be done recording and performing.  Not sure if that was an over-reaction to the whole COVID thing or if he's serious.  I hope not as he still sounds great and still performs like a madman.  And sure hope there is more Tokyo Motor Fist music in the future.

Who knows what'll happen.  Trixter had a long hiatus once before and bounced back.  Maybe they'll do it again.  

Here was an interview with Steve that came out in July that basically says much of the same stuff.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steve-brown-says-some-new-version-of-trixter-will-start-playing-shows-within-the-next-couple-of-years/

Probably the same old problems most of these older bands have, whether it be Trixter, Danger Danger, Stryper or Motley Crue, issues dating back years are still laying there somewhere under the skin and it does not take much to reinflame them.

They might be able to continue on, but it is always an up and down affair.

Talking about Ted and D2 for instance, after they did the Revolver album I think it was Bruno who said there will never be another D2 album as recording the album was one of the hardest slogs he has ever been through. As they still toured after, and all the members have recorded other stuff away from each other, you have to say that the animosity between the band and Ted was probably still bubbling away under the surface. They could put it aside to tour, but obviously when it comes to recording new songs, if Ted wants to go one way and Bruno and Steve wants to go another, it is gonna be a tough experience.