Hardline returns with "Danger Zone"

AlphaMale

To make a short story long. After the major down pour today, it turned out pretty damn nice this afternoon. So I got out of work, and picked up the boys from school. On the way home all I heard over and over and over was can we play outside!,can we play outside! The answer was YES!!!, now shut up !

So as they were riding their big wheels through the puddles,(for about an hour and a half)I listened to Hardline-Danger Zone on my ipod. I'd say 5th all the way through, and it just keeps getting better and better. In my top 3 so far for the year.I am liking a lot of songs on this, but one really stood out today. Never too late for love is a flash back to the late 80's early 90's rock seen, just an awesome song for me! Or long story short, I listened to Hardline again today and it is an awesome cd! lol

"Never Too Late For Love" is actually an old song anyway. I personally prefer Bardowell's version of it to this one, but it's still a good song. This is the first time I've checked-out anything by Hardline since the debut and I like it. Kinda sounds like Euro-AOR, but the songwriting is good and so are the vocals...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds pretty good, I like most of the tracks except '10,000 Reasons', 'Stronger Than Me' (horrible; possibly one of Geoff's "inspiro-rockers"?)'Never Too Late For Love' and 'Please Have Faith In Me'. 'Fever Dreams' and 'Stay' probably the pick for me. Not bad, doesn't get close to 'Double Eclipse' of course.

Sounds pretty good, I like most of the tracks except '10,000 Reasons', 'Stronger Than Me' (horrible; possibly one of Geoff's "inspiro-rockers"?)'Never Too Late For Love' and 'Please Have Faith In Me'. 'Fever Dreams' and 'Stay' probably the pick for me. Not bad, doesn't get close to 'Double Eclipse' of course.

it was never going to be, but c'mon, '10,000 Reasons' is one of highlights isnt it? :unsure:

it was never going to be, but c'mon, '10,000 Reasons' is one of highlights isnt it? :unsure:

I agree

To make a short story long. After the major down pour today, it turned out pretty damn nice this afternoon. So I got out of work, and picked up the boys from school. On the way home all I heard over and over and over was can we play outside!,can we play outside! The answer was YES!!!, now shut up !

So as they were riding their big wheels through the puddles,(for about an hour and a half)I listened to Hardline-Danger Zone on my ipod. I'd say 5th all the way through, and it just keeps getting better and better. In my top 3 so far for the year.I am liking a lot of songs on this, but one really stood out today. Never too late for love is a flash back to the late 80's early 90's rock seen, just an awesome song for me! Or long story short, I listened to Hardline again today and it is an awesome cd! lol

"Never Too Late For Love" is actually an old song anyway. I personally prefer Bardowell's version of it to this one, but it's still a good song. This is the first time I've checked-out anything by Hardline since the debut and I like it. Kinda sounds like Euro-AOR, but the songwriting is good and so are the vocals...

I thought I read somewhere that 1 of these songs is an old Mark/Marcie Free unused song, It seems like a lot of his/her unused songs are being used now(House Of Lords & First Signal used some as well.

Erm ... not for me, no. th_shrug.gif

Yes it is one of the best songs on the disc IMO. Really I like them all but haven't picked favs yet but am pleasantly happy that this is as good as it is. Sure it's Double Eclipse and it never will be 20 years later and with only 1/5 of that lineup but for 2012 it has be a top 5 or 10 album by year end I'd think.

• My Little Pony

Yes it is one of the best songs on the disc IMO. Really I like them all but haven't picked favs yet but am pleasantly happy that this is as good as it is. Sure it's not Double Eclipse and it never will be 20 years later and with only 1/5 of that lineup but for 2012 it has be a top 5 or 10 album by year end I'd think.

Honestly, and I understand I might be attacked for saying this, I can see myself liking this one more than Double Eclipse, eventually. It's so damn good! I'm thoroughly impressed.

Yes it is one of the best songs on the disc IMO. Really I like them all but haven't picked favs yet but am pleasantly happy that this is as good as it is. Sure it's not Double Eclipse and it never will be 20 years later and with only 1/5 of that lineup but for 2012 it has be a top 5 or 10 album by year end I'd think.

Honestly, and I understand I might be attacked for saying this, I can see myself liking this one more than Double Eclipse, eventually. It's so damn good! I'm thoroughly impressed.

I'm not going to attack you for saying this, but :omg:

From the samples I heard I was thinking the same for me but would not verbalise it until I hear it.

Not sure why this is so much more expensive than other Frontiers titles I usually get from my Aussie site, thus preventing it's immediate purchase. :(

From the samples I heard I was thinking the same for me but would not verbalise it until I hear it.

Not sure why this is so much more expensive than other Frontiers titles I usually get from my Aussie site, thus preventing it's immediate purchase. :(

for once Im with James on the WTF front......I mean the samples sound good, but way way off Double Eclipse standard

for once Im with James on the WTF front......I mean the samples sound good, but way way off Double Eclipse standard

I can't speak for Karpetface, but the core of my comment stems from 2 important factors. 1, I think the new album sounds really excellent. 2, I like the debut plenty, but probably not quite as much as those who consider it close to the finest album ever made. ;) Great disc for sure, but with a great effort I think it could be topped.

• My Little Pony

Yeah I'm keen to hear it but from the samples it sounds equal killer to filler - we'll see. Hope I'm wrong :-)

You are most certainly wrong, fortunately. I don't believe there is a filler anywhere on this album. Each time I listen to this it just grows stronger.

Yeah I'm keen to hear it but from the samples it sounds equal killer to filler - we'll see. Hope I'm wrong :-)

You are most certainly wrong, fortunately. I don't believe there is a filler anywhere on this album. Each time I listen to this it just grows stronger.

Mate if this is as good as Double Eclipse I will be a happy bunny indeed.

I agree!

Mate if this is as good as Double Eclipse I will be a happy bunny indeed.

I keep getting 3 songs into this one and then I get interrupted by something or someone. The first 3 songs are awesome...so this pattern is really starting to get annoying. :crazy:

I keep getting 3 songs into this one and then I get interrupted by something or someone. The first 3 songs are awesome...so this pattern is really starting to get annoying. :crazy:

The first 3 songs are awesome, but to me there are at least 5 others that are equally awesome!

The first 3 songs are awesome, but to me there are at least 5 others that are equally awesome!

Just listened to this on Spotify and it is indeed great. My favs on first spin were the first 2, 6 & 7, and esp the final 3 which were all very cool. Nice surprise.

His vocals still sound great, and most of the solos were perfect for the songs and mostly lifted some of the slightly weaker tracks.

Give me your phone number....now put the CD on...I'll give you a ring in 10 - 15 minutes :lol:

yesterday i spun it once again on my long flight back home from Aussie, well i reckon this one is definitely better than 'II' and 'Leaving', but probably still 10% away to touch 'Double Eclipse'. However, this could be their second best to date :)

yesterday i spun it once again on my long flight back home from Aussie, well i reckon this one is definitely better than 'II' and 'Leaving', but probably still 10% away to touch 'Double Eclipse'. However, this could be their second best to date :)

I agree.

Received my CD from the good people at NEH yesterday, and I must say I was VERY happy.

No, it's not Double Eclipse, but I try to keep reminding myself it's 2012 not 1992, and a LOT of things have changed the past 20 years.

The first two tracks from DANGER ZONE are damn-near as good as anything Gioeli has ever recorded in my opinion... right up there with Hot Cherie, Rhythm and Doctor.

Overall, the album falls a "bit" flat for me after the first two tracks, but it's certainly not bad (in fact, quite good). If all 12 songs were as good as the first two, we'd have been looking at a certified monster.

To his credit, Gioeli sounds as fresh and strong today as the first time I heard him some twenty years ago. Maybe a quarter-step lower on the musical scale, but still a voice that Joe Elliot, for instance, would kill for.

My rating, 89%, or a strong B+

Would have been higher save for the fact that, as per modern standards, the recording is maximized, squashed, and levels boosted to so far into the red that it's incredibly fatiguing when played back through a higher end system. Perfect for the iPod generation, however.

I agree.

I'd completely agree with that. It's hardly flawless (there are still some fillers and some songs needing a bigger hook) but is much better than expected and well worth getting. Like the Euro-AOR feel to it, mixed with the killer vocals which are way-up in the mix. This will finish in my Top 10 for sure...