Van Halen review

66 mustang

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2012/01/van_halen_cafe_wha_january_5_review.php

ok, i don't keep a secret that I'm way more into the Van Halen with Sammy time of the band but I'm curious to hear how the new album turns out. my problem with the Roth material is that it wears thin quickly so I think buying the album would be a waste for me

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just wait to hear samples from the new cd before I decide to purchase it. DLR era VH is my overall favorite, but my favorite album is 5150, go figure. I still don't consider it much of a full comeback DLR/VH album without Michael Anthony.

This shit fucking sucks, maybe they needa just hang it up!

• 3 weeks later...

And just downloaded two more songs from the album (legally).

Really having difficulty understanding why they thought Tattoo was a good lead off single when each of these songs is 100 times better than that one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0071GGI1Q samples here

Blood and fire is an old instrumental demo thats had lyrics added to it, so it would seem that its maybe a 50/50 split of these songs being new, as claimed by the band, or old, as claimed by Hagar.

Really having difficulty understanding why they thought Tattoo was a good lead off single when each of these songs is 100 times better than that one.

Eh, so ok, those three are probably better than that Tattoo crap but it wouldn't take much to be better than that.

Can they put something together that has a little melody? These just sound like they went "hey, why don't you hit the drums fast as you can, you play your own deal on the guitar and I will just spout out lyrics of some nature". Ack.

Eh, so ok, those three are probably better than that Tattoo crap but it wouldn't take much to be better than that.

Can they put something together that has a little melody? These just sound like they went "hey, why don't you hit the drums fast as you can, you play your own deal on the guitar and I will just spout out lyrics of some nature". Ack.

Plenty of melody in those songs. Not sure what you was listening to.

Classic Van Halen sounding to a tee.

I get Tattoo isn't the greatest lead off single, but so far it's the most commercial song that has the most potential for mass appeal, even for those who aren't fans. For me being a looonnnnng time VH fan, Tattoo was simply OK and the other samples I've heard have got me more excited.

The riff in China Town is classic.

10 days left. I can't wait.

Plenty of melody in those songs. Not sure what you was listening to.

Classic Van Halen sounding to a tee.

Here, let me help you...see those last 2 words? Not in my opinion. And not all "classic" Van Halen sound is a good thing. My opinion on them is the songs that made the radio were, for the most part, the only songs that were worth a shit.

mel·o·dy/ˈmelədē/

Noun:

A sequence of single notes that is musically satisfying.