Van Halen review

66 mustang

Seems to be one or the either, which is fair enough. Except for Tim, who hates all the super melodic US hard rock bands from the 80's / early 90's but likes this? ;) They don't call him a creep for nothing.

Yeah I do like this. I paid money for it, have spun it half a dozen times, and am liking it (though not as much as some). I'm very happy to creep when a band makes a good album, not so happy if they make a shit one. Simples.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always love to get shit for loving an album. Never gets old :)

I am a SAMMY fan through and through, but still, I love this CD and just got thru playing it again. Some great energy.

2011 had Journey's Eclipse. 2012 is Van Halen's turn. Controversy abound!!!

Ha ha, I guess that was aimed at me.

I agree with Tim (even though he basically called me an idiot lol !), in that your reviews are the most informative on the net and are my benchmark for whether or not to invest in an album.

But I cant agree with a rating of 98% for this album.....that implies that every song is almost flawless, and clearly that is not the case.

After repeated spins, Id say it was about a 75% album for me, but hey to each their own.

Keep up the good work on the site, cheers

Yep I still think 70% ish is a fair score for this album. Some rocking moments and nice guitar but I would prefer more melody.

For me it's still the album of the year.

It's in my top 8.

Always love to get shit for loving an album. Never gets old :)

I am a SAMMY fan through and through, but still, I love this CD and just got thru playing it again. Some great energy.

2011 had Journey's Eclipse. 2012 is Van Halen's turn. Controversy abound!!!

Ha ha, I guess that was aimed at me.

I agree with Tim (even though he basically called me an idiot lol !), in that your reviews are the most informative on the net and are my benchmark for whether or not to invest in an album.

But I cant agree with a rating of 98% for this album.....that implies that every song is almost flawless, and clearly that is not the case.

After repeated spins, Id say it was about a 75% album for me, but hey to each their own.

Keep up the good work on the site, cheers

Yep I still think 70% ish is a fair score for this album. Some rocking moments and nice guitar but I would prefer more melody.

I understand that, but this sounds like DLR Van Halen( in which a lot of it back then doesn't have a lot of melody but are great songs anyway.