The Magnificent

zacharyamelie

Another Frontiers winner coming in November. Check out the samples.

If you like the Brother Firetribe/Leverage Scandi sound this should put a smile on your face.

The Magnificent

Scandinavia is the land of The Poodles, Barbe -Q-Barbies and Wig Wam, where music is king and good band names seem to be an afterthought.

• 1 month later...

I hear more Brother Firetribe and Europe than Leverage.

:agree:

Although I'd buy a new Leverage in a heartbeat, I much prefer Brother Firetribe, that's why I'm so excited for The Magnificent.

Listening to this now. Hope to have samples up for all tracks over the weekend.

Nothing particularly revolutionary or innovative (then again, what in our genres really are any more?), but masterfully executed. Some absolute gems of choruses, just as one would expect from Scandi AOR.

Nothing particularly revolutionary or innovative (then again, what in our genres really are any more?), but masterfully executed. Some absolute gems of choruses, just as one would expect from Scandi AOR.

Good summary. If anything, I rate the songs higher than most similar current bands, although I can live without the ballads.

The only reason I have a Facebook account.

Cheated By Love

It sounds great eh? Ive been waiting to hear what the solo would be like......very nice......outro as well! Cant wait to hear the whole thing...........

Yep, nice solo. Chorus is nothing special imo, not bad but not great.

Cheated By Love

It sounds great eh? Ive been waiting to hear what the solo would be like......very nice......outro as well! Cant wait to hear the whole thing...........

Really? I think we've been spoiled in 2011, if this isn't a great chorus. The pre chorus with the line 'I remember when I met you...' is stunning and the chorus is sing along awesomeness. That bridge part is so Europe, especially the keys. I love it!!!!

Cheated By Love

Really? I think we've been spoiled in 2011, if this isn't a great chorus. The pre chorus with the line 'I remember when I met you...' is stunning and the chorus is sing along awesomeness. That bridge part is so Europe, especially the keys. I love it!!!!

Me too, but we all know James is a hard man to please ;-)

Cheated By Love

Me too, but we all know James is a hard man to please ;-)

Singalong chorus yes, but it's very ... simple. Anyone-could-write-it simple, imo. (Anyone who can read and write music, that is.) I'll just crawl back under my rock now. :anon:

This is on my Amazon wish list ready to be ordered the moment Mitch Malloy's new disc pops up on Amazon. Anyone know why it's not available for pre-order yet? Holding up my other pre-orders. ;)

Anyway, I like how these guys sound and their vibe, but kinda gotta agree with James here (I know! Hold back the monkey and wombats! It's just this once... I swear it!). It's a nice song, but the chorus is pretty plain to me. Not really doing too much for me. Still curious to hear this album, though.

kinda gotta agree with James here (I know! Hold back the monkey and wombats! It's just this once... I swear it!)

Ostracism awaits...