The Magnificent

zacharyamelie

Memories is easily my fav on the Maginificent....that's saying alot since half of my fav tunes from the past year are from this release. It was also my song of the year for 2011. Probably the most glorious AOR anthem since Brother Firetribes - Wildest Dreams.

Yep, of course it's the best song on the CD - by miles. Ridiculously grand. Glen just likes to cause trouble. ;)

I think the best song on it is Smoke & Fire!!!

So do I...

Memories is easily my fav on the Maginificent....that's saying alot since half of my fav tunes from the past year are from this release. It was also my song of the year for 2011. Probably the most glorious AOR anthem since Brother Firetribes - Wildest Dreams.

Yep, of course it's the best song on the CD - by miles. Ridiculously grand. Glen just likes to cause trouble. ;)

I think the best song on it is Smoke & Fire!!!

So do I...

It's close between Lost, Smoke & Fire & Angel - those 3 at the very least are miles better than the slightly cheesy Memories IMO.

It's no surprise that some like memories are the same that thought wildest dreams was great - that was cheesy as well ;-)

It's no surprise that some like memories are the same that thought wildest dreams was great - that was cheesy as well ;-)

"Wildest Dreams" is (IMO of course) the best AOR song in the 21st century so far...

I can't even remember 'Smoke & Fire.' :lol:

Hold on, let me see if it's on Youtube. Yeah, it's a good song - those verses are typically what I shoot sperm over, but the chorus is only "nice" and nothing more than that.

I love the monster melodic opening riff of 'Memories,' some sexy swaggering rhythm guitar through the verses, a pre-chorus better than 90% of the choruses on the album and the chorus... Well, f*ck me with a trench-coat. I don't know what y'all are here for, but that's the kind of chorus that makes me come to a site like HH. ;)

To each their own, though.

"Wildest Dreams" is (IMO of course) the best AOR song in the 21st century so far...

sorry mate, sounds like something from 'The Never Ending Story'.

My fav from that album was 'Game They Call Love'....riff, huge keys, and a totally over the top chorus

best verses/pre chorus on the album are 'going out with a bang'....killer. but the actual chorus lets it down

sounds like something from 'The Never Ending Story'.

and what was wrong with that? :)

My fav from that album was 'Game They Call Love'....riff, huge keys, and a totally over the top chorus

best verses/pre chorus on the album are 'going out with a bang'....killer. but the actual chorus lets it down

You are WRONG!!!! I'm with Tim 'Wildest Dreams' is the best AOR song of the 21st century. 'Memories' is the closest since.

You are WRONG!!!! I'm with Tim 'Wildest Dreams' is the best AOR song of the 21st century. 'Memories' is the closest since.

ha ha yeah whatever...still cheesey to me guys ;-)

I can't even remember 'Smoke & Fire.' :lol:

Hold on, let me see if it's on Youtube. Yeah, it's a good song - those verses are typically what I shoot sperm over, but the chorus is only "nice" and nothing more than that.

I love the monster melodic opening riff of 'Memories,' some sexy swaggering rhythm guitar through the verses, a pre-chorus better than 90% of the choruses on the album and the chorus... Well, f*ck me with a trench-coat. I don't know what y'all are here for, but that's the kind of chorus that makes me come to a site like HH. ;)

To each their own, though.

Don't get me wrong, because I really do like Memories. But I feel like I should be skipping around with a big smile on my face while listening to it! lol

Um , No!

Um , No!

Another one who's wrong....where do these wrong people come from? ;)

Um , No!

I don't know, mate, but someone needs to lesson them in music.

I agree too, with the correct sentiments on 'Wildest Dreams.' That and 'One Single Breath' are two of the best songs I've heard and to suggest that either of them is not - by 46,000 miles - the best song on each respective CD, is sheer lunacy.

Just on 'Satin & Lace' - I kind of grew to dislike that song. I started finding that chorus hook pretty annoying to be honest. My least favourite song on the Magnificent disc, personally.

Oh, what's with this "fairytale" rubbish? :lol: Some of the biggest clownspeak I've seen on this forums. ;)

Um , No!

I agree too, with the correct sentiments on 'Wildest Dreams.' That and 'One Single Breath' are two of the best songs I've heard and to suggest that either of them is not - by 46,000 miles - the best song on each respective CD, is sheer lunacy.

Just on 'Satin & Lace' - I kind of grew to dislike that song. I started finding that chorus hook pretty annoying to be honest. My least favourite song on the Magnificent disc, personally.

Oh, what's with this "fairytale" rubbish? :lol: Some of the biggest clownspeak I've seen on this forums. ;)

Watch The Never Ending Story and you'll know what I mean.......that song (Wildest Dreams) is just too pink and fluffy. As I said 'Game They Call Love' crucifies it IMO, from all angles....attitude, keys, pre chorus, chorus, solo (in fact the final line before the solo, into solo is just about the finest part of the whole album....sublime!).........but hey to each their own

& your comment on 'One Single Breath' just sums up the differencies.......to me the best songs on the debut are the harder rocking tracks like 'Lover Tonight', 'Kill City Kid' and 'Devils Daughter'.......

Over and out.

Um , No!

Watch The Never Ending Story and you'll know what I mean.......that song (Wildest Dreams) is just too pink and fluffy. As I said 'Game They Call Love' crucifies it IMO, from all angles....attitude, keys, pre chorus, chorus, solo (in fact the final line before the solo, into solo is just about the finest part of the whole album....sublime!).........but hey to each their own

& your comment on 'One Single Breath' just sums up the differencies.......to me the best songs on the debut are the harder rocking tracks like 'Lover Tonight', 'Kill City Kid' and 'Devils Daughter'.......

Over and out.

'Devils Daughter' is a good'un, I'll give you that. Definitely the 2nd best on that CD.

I guess for me, a lot of these songs you're mentioning, I don't even know off the top of my head. And these are CDs I love and have played a lot. But I can't for the life of me think what 'Lover tonight' or 'Kill City Kid' (wtf? is that even on the CD???) sound like. Same with 'Game they call love.' I vaguely recall it, but thought it was one of the less interesting songs of the disc.

I don't know, if these songs I like are pink and fluffy I guess I like pink and fluffy, though I've never been accused of that before and it's certainly not the type of song I associate with that term. For one, these tracks have balls. I guess I just like really great hooks that embed themselves in one's head with ease.

Over and out.

I've tried not too, but I pretty much agree with everything Geoff's said. "One Single Breath" is lush - though it's equalled by "I'm On Fire" IMO. The harder-rocking songs are my least favourite, and luckily they ditched that approach for album no.2...

Oh looky, a Brother Firetribe thread broke out in the middle of a debate about The Magnificent. :beerbang:

Just goes to prove BF's staying power... and how they are in dire need of releasing something new.

P.S. "Going Out With a Bang" is the ultimate BF song.

-Dan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp15Pv500Bg

Oh looky, a Brother Firetribe thread broke out in the middle of a debate about The Magnificent. :beerbang:

Just goes to prove BF's staying power... and how they are in dire need of releasing something new.

-Dan

Thank you Dan......someone with taste ;-)

EASILY the best verses/pre-chorus on the album, shame the chorus lets it down just a tad. BUT excellent song.

-Dan

EASILY the best verses/pre-chorus on the album, shame the chorus lets it down just a tad. BUT excellent song.

:lol: Another song I had absolutely no idea about on sight. Upon hearing I do recall (like I'm sure I would all these songs). Again, it is a very good because they are a very good band, but I prefer plenty others off both CDs personally. 'Im on fire,' like Tim said, is another huge fave, and recognizable on sight. ;)

-Dan

:lol: Another song I had absolutely no idea about on sight. Upon hearing I do recall (like I'm sure I would all these songs). Again, it is a very good because they are a very good band, but I prefer plenty others off both CDs personally. 'Im on fire,' like Tim said, is another huge fave, and recognizable on sight. ;)

Yep Im On Fire is a goodie....to be honest its difficult to distinguish between the songs on the debut as they are all awesome.

Wish they would record a new BF album and forget bloody Nightwish.

Grrrr

• 1 month later...

Ohh dear ... sorry Glen, we'll have to agree to disagree with this one. I played 'Cheated By Love' a few times and I while the song is fine I still feel that it is so generic.

Going to humbly take back the comment above; it's a good song and one of the better tracks on the album. Probably 3 or 4 songs I like on this one, with 'Satin & Lace' being my favourite.

Ohh dear ... sorry Glen, we'll have to agree to disagree with this one. I played 'Cheated By Love' a few times and I while the song is fine I still feel that it is so generic.

Going to humbly take back the comment above; it's a good song and one of the better tracks on the album. Probably 3 or 4 songs I like on this one, with 'Satin & Lace' being my favourite.

Nice mate...great album, glad you are gettin something out of it.